It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you tell if you have a haunt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Forgive me if this is not the right forum to post this in. I am brand new at this type of experience (haunts?).

My question is this: is there any method or way to determine if you have a spirit in your house? I think that I might have one where I live.

This is not an especially old place, built in the 1960's. I have experienced things on the second floor, while I was sleeping or semi-awake. Nothing really malicious has happened, except to scare the daylights out of me so far.

Any pointers to where to start are greatly appreciated. As I said, this is all new to me, and I'm not sure where to start looking.

Thanks

john

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey

Well you could start with finding out the history of the house... you may find something out through that.

What kinda things happen?
What kind of feeling do you get from the house?
is it like you feel a presance...or you feel something bad..

Also get your camera out and start snapping
see if anything appears on the camera

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Contact a paranormal investigator in your area. That is the best advice I can offer. Also ask for their investigation prices. NEVER PAY other than giving a donation. A real investigator will never charge. They do it for the science. Now, some may ask for gas for travel expense, but nothing more. Now, I would offer them a donation after the investigation though just for courtesy.

There is a common misconception that a home has to be old to be haunted. There are brand new home built on old cemeteries etc that can be haunted. Not to mention, it does not need to be a home at all. Spirits are among us everywhere. Parks, concert halls, you name it, there are spirits hanging out everywhere. SOme never make contact, other decide to be playful or pull pranks, others are malicious. The fact that a home is 10, 15, 200 years old, makes absolutley no difference. Older home have more history and there for have a higher tendancy to be haunted, but a home finished yesterday can still be huanted.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Blessed Be

Whitewolf

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
if you have any pets they are perhaps more intuned to the supernatural realm than we are. and if you're dog or cat is seeing something that is not there, maybe he is actually seeing what you can't.

there is an entire thread on hear somewhere about pets seeing ghost. i did numerous searches and ran down through the pages and i could not find it. i want to read it again. i think it was titled did my dog see ghost. if anyone could find i would be grateful.

[Edited on 043131p://3104u by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh forgot to say!

Keep a log of when these things happen.. they may be some kind of pattern... are there children in the house.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have also felt weird things in my house. Some REAL scary stuff and have experienced things to for a few years of my life. I don't talk much about it because people will say I'm crazy,lol.

But some of the simple things are like I feel a presence around. I get cold chills in my body when I feel the presence. I see shadows or reflection of things. It's just weird alot of stuff that I see and feel, I've gotten used to it I guess, but I am still scared at times. And then the dreams I get, Ohhhhhhh boy, that's a whole chapter.

You are not alone out there.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. Let me tell you a little bit of what is happening.

First, I live in a condo complex, a two-story townhouse, so the old notion of an old house doesn't apply.

I sleep all types of weird hours. Night-time might be from 2AM till 5 AM or so. What happens, happens in my bedroom.

One night about 3 weeks ago, somebody, something sat down on the edge of my bed. Twice in the matter of 10 minutes. The bed bounced from their presence, I swear. At this time also, there was something like an energy burst slammed against the opposite wall. This is hard to explain, but was very vivid.

Last night there was something/someone, some type of force in the room. It scratched the edge of the bed by rubbing against the boxspring. I yelled so loud as to wake my son in another bedroom. I told him that I had a nightmare.

Not very sexy, but true. I know I felt some type of presence in the bedroom. I wouldn't have mentioned it except that today, my son came downstairs and told me that something hit him in the ear. He had been sitting at his computer terminal and out of nowhere, something wacked him in the ear. He knows nothing of my experiences.

Someone mentioned animals. We have a cat, she's about 5 years old. My bedroom is very sunny and has lots of nooks and crannys that would be perfect for a cat to take a nap in; I've had plenty of cats over the years. But the cat will not go in this bedroom at all, which is odd.

Someone else mentioned an investigator. I thought of that but didn't want to sound ?scared? or whatever. I've seen signs for psychics, palm readers, etc. I might try to start there.

I'll tell you, I know what I feel. It is very real.

Thanks for all your input. I will keep you posted.

john

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
One more thing..someone had asked what kind of feeling it was. Well, it is not a good feeling, let me put it that way. Maybe that's because it is so new, but the feeling is not one that makes me feel good inside.

john

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wooow. I've also been hit out of no were. I remember a few years about 7-9 years ago. When I used to sleep I used to feel something hitting me. At that time my step father was around and we used to play fight a lot, so when I used to get hit when I was sleeping I thought it was him hitting me.

One day it hurt me and I was mad and told my mother if he hit me while I was asleep and she said no. I was wondering what the hell it was, if it was a dream or something I thought. But then on another night it was hitting me again hard. I used to sleep under my sheets so I couldn't see nothing, but this time I decided to look at what was happening and when I look up to see, I saw like a neon reddish/yellow face looking at me. I didn't know what to do. I just panecked and couldn't even scream for help. The next morning I still thought it was a dream but realized that it wasn't when I had broosez on me.

And just in case if anyone is wondering if I was beat up as a child and this might be the cause of this, no I was never hit by my parents. Me and my step dad use to Play fight only.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by subzero360]

top topics

join