It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JPMorgan blamed for Lehman collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

JPMorgan blamed for Lehman collapse

news.smh.com.au

US bank JPMorgan Chase stands accused of precipitating the collapse of American investment bank Lehman Brothers by freezing Lehman assets days before it filed for bankruptcy protection, the Sunday Times reported.

Citing documents filed with a New York bankruptcy court late last week, the newspaper said that Lehman creditors have accused JPMorgan of freezing $US17 billion ($A22 billion) in cash and securities on Friday, September 12. Lehman filed for bankruptcy the following Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
And so the blame game begins. I do not know quite enough about economics and finance to make a detailed analysis of this article so I shall leave it to the more knowledgeable members to read and decipher this. But I will say this: It certainly begins to look more suspicious when thought of in terms of it being an orchestrated collapse.

news.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Especially considering that it is JPMorgan. If I remember correctly, JPMorgan was one of the major players in the first depression.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Vulture capitalism at its best. Morgan was indeed a major player in the engineered first great depression. Seems his descendents are chips off the block. Once they’ve driven everything into the ground, they’ll buy up all they can at fire sale prices. What are we down to, about 3 major banks now? Just right for centralized global control.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Yes, the similarities between the Great Depression and this current crisis are becoming more and more evident each day. We shall most definitely be hearing more and more of these types of stories as time goes on and the crisis deepens, which it is inevitably going to do. Anybody who says otherwise can now be, quite safely, called delusional.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Vulture capitalism at its best.
[...]
What are we down to, about 3 major banks now? Just right for centralized global control.

5 major banks and i doubt that 1 of them will survive much longer...
the Citigroup merging Wachovia (will) be revisited by the courts...

because a WellsFargo-Wachovia merger was not planned by the puppetmasters, imho.

isn't it peculair funny that these diversely invested banks can come up with pretty much pin-point valuations of their balance-sheets in a matter of 12 hours--amongst themselves-- Only when it comes to merger-acquisition pricing ?! but for government bailouts...they himm-haww around and drag their feet, having a sudden episode of amnesia...but hazard a guess that $700bn is OK, but that's just to keep a bare minimum of credit market monies flowing (albiet, only to the chosen beneficiaries of their lending ability

[edit on 5-10-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Exactly!! It's so transparent now that I really have to believe the majority of the nation have adhd/cognitive dissassociation issues, in not being able to put it all together. Most people I talk to still don't care about all of this . . . beyond the "this is an outrage" blanket statement. . . . then it's back to discussing the latest batch of "American Idol" contestents. Scary, really.

And while it doesn't suprise me, I have yet to see the Morgan/Lehman filing/accusation hit the U.S. newswire . . . where are the big networks in their exposing of "injustice" on this one? Of course to most American's . . . if they don't see it on the news or in local print . . . it never really happened!

I'm suprised about the Wells Fargo merger too . . . I'm sure it will be denied . . . or this is the first step to bringing WF into the fold, as well. It wouldn't suprise me to see WF then go under citing taking on Wachovia's upside down assets . . . then in swoops Chase to save the day.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
I'm suprised about the Wells Fargo merger too . . . I'm sure it will be denied

From news.smh.com.au... ....

Citi says wins injunction to block Wachovia-Wells Fargo merger

US banking giant Citigroup said it had obtained a court injunction to freeze a proposed merger between rivals Wachovia and Wells Fargo.

"Citi tonight was granted emergency injunctive relief extending the exclusivity agreement between Citi and Wachovia Corp. until further order of the court," Citi said in a statement late Saturday.

Citi claims exclusive rights to a takeover of troubled retail bank Wachovia after the two companies announced a merger deal, with US government backing, last Monday.

Citi cried foul and threatened court action after Wachovia announced a rival merger deal with California-based Wells Fargo last Friday.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by resistor
Vulture capitalism at its best.
[...]
What are we down to, about 3 major banks now? Just right for centralized global control.

5 major banks and i doubt that 1 of them will survive much longer...
the Citigroup merging Wachovia (will) be revisited by the courts...

because a WellsFargo-Wachovia merger was not planned by the puppetmasters, imho.

Ach !.... at a 10:35 news blurb...
the courts have put a hold on the waacovia merger in progress,
because Citigroup is contending they were in exclusive negotiations with Wachovia, much earlier...

told you all so... !

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Kryties

Especially considering that it is JPMorgan. If I remember correctly, JPMorgan was one of the major players in the first depression.

yep,there hand has been behind many a negative consequence for humanity.

twas the morgons who kept tesla down,if his tech had been developed and not stolen and classified the world would have unlimited free energy,anti grav aircraft,world wide wireless communication in the 30's and so much more.

once again ile explain,our enemies,the machines,infiltrate our societry in order to keep us down,hold us back,its obvious jpmorgan is one such infiltrator.

another method is that they become our scientists,spreading fasle scientific information to steer us away from things such as cold fusion,unified field theory and so on.

new topics

top topics

join