It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Joe Bidens mistakes not pointed out in the media???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

I am all for trying to be unbiased. I wasn't even trying to convey that I didn't believe you. It wouldn't altogether surprise me to discover he lied, as he is a politician trying to get elected. I genuinely just wanted to see how you came to those conclusions in this thread. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

As I look back in my original post I should have been more specific in my discussion of Bidens mistakes. My whole reason for the post is in the several days since the debate I have seen only one news organization tackle Bidens mistakes and that was Fox. And that is not fair to me, I should not have to look towards one media outlet for one set of facts and then look to another for another set of facts. I should be able to get straight facts from more than one site. The lack of being able to get straight facst stifles true debate becasue so many people believe that what they see and hear on tv and print is the gospel and when someone tries to shed light on facts they get labled, just as I have by more than one poster to this thread. I want to bring up topics to people and make them think and likewise I would love to see straight facts that make me think and rethink issues. I dont need lies, no one needs lies.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Great, looks like we're all on the same page now.

Both candidates made mistakes, Palin's mistakes seem to be getting more media play. why is that?

I would think that as a veteran of politics, Biden's mistakes would warrant more scrutiny..After all, he's a pro.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Great, looks like we're all on the same page now.

Both candidates made mistakes, Palin's mistakes seem to be getting more media play. why is that?

I would think that as a veteran of politics, Biden's mistakes would warrant more scrutiny..After all, he's a pro.

I think you are forgetting an obvious factor; Palin is all shining and new and has been in a lot of political hot water lately. The press is going to pay a lot more attention to her than Biden because frankly he is more boring. I don’t think it is political bias, I think mainly the media just panders to viewers these days, and discussing Palin will get them more viewers than discussing Biden.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

Main Stream Media is the news outlet for Corporate America. They don't put out news that would piss off their funders, and so it's biased. Corporations want one candidate to win over another, as one will potentially cost them profit, so they have their news outlets aka MSM slant the news in favor of one of the candidates. This is the sad truth. The real question is to what extent has Corporate America purchased our next President....

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I thinks as stated by an earlier poster in this forum, "The wow factor" She is energetic like Obama, she is charisma like Obama and she is something you dont see every day in politics. However that only goes so far and only for so long, that is why after a couple of days I figured I would have heard something more critical about Biden.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

But we are the consumers, we can dictate what the media prints if we show them who holds the purse strings. I am surprised it takes a act like 9/11 for we as Americans to pull together and demand more. We need to start with politicians and then move to our media, it just seems to me that a major overhaul is so necessary.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
If were so ready for a change, why are we willing to put up with the same stuff just new faces. If we want change I think misinformation and deciet has to be the first change or there will be no change. Biden is part of a group right now whos approval rate is so low its unbelievable. Congress is almost hated. How is a new president going to change that? Maybe I am wrong, maybe the first place to start is not in the political arena but in them media, maybe we as consumers need to find a way to let them know that the truth and facts is all we are willing to pay for.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Yep, you're right.
The media is not unlike a snack company.
It's a product, and the demographic niche prefers something tasty.
There is more than one niche, but Palin sells papers, webhits, magazines..

Plus, Biden's been making mistakes for years, nothing new.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Still doesnt explain how the media gets away with this, and I am talking about organizations that tout "news" not talk shows or op eds. I think maybe we accepted the "News" as facts for so long, and for a time I do believe that most outlets where factual prior to say 96 to 2000, that nighty news and truth are used synonymously in so many peoples mind. Either that or people now days are willing to be lead mindlessly however I cant believe that is the case. Surely just because Brad Pitt or Kelsey Grammer or Paris Hilton forks over money for a tv add to inject thier opinion as fact that we believe it. Republicans have not made me afraid for my future, Democrats have not made me afraid of my future, Bush hasnt made me afraid of my future as nor did Clinton, Presidents come and go but the fact that we have become so fractured as a society, much like Europe(no disrespect intended) has me afraid of what life in the US will be like in 10 years. Although I believe some of the fracturing is hyped by media.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by alienj

Main Stream Media is the news outlet for Corporate America. They don't put out news that would piss off their funders, and so it's biased. Corporations want one candidate to win over another, as one will potentially cost them profit, so they have their news outlets aka MSM slant the news in favor of one of the candidates. This is the sad truth. The real question is to what extent has Corporate America purchased our next President....

Most of Corporate America contributes to the Democrats.

www.opensecrets.org...

Seeing that Obama is in the lead with the polling data, you might be on to something about Corporate America purchasing our next President....

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
Most of Corporate America contributes to the Democrats.

First off I am not a Democrat. I am registered Libertarian.

That said, your assertion is silly to me. Did you forget about the current administration?? And all their connections to some of the biggest and most powerful corporations in America; the oil tycoons...

Most of Corporate America contributes to our political system, and this game has two teams.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

But the current administration is irrelevant, or else the corporate media would be trying to find an excuse for Bush to run for a third term.

The link I provided shows who gets the support.

And seeing that media is pretty much in charge of the debates and have a direct influence on how we perceive the candidates...

10 TV/Movies/Music $19,482,429 77% 23% Barack Obama (D)

The 77% going to the dems, and the name being the top recipient.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I have to disagree with you, I dont believe our current administration has any power of any elite media at this time. The elite media is probably considered an enemie to the Bush administration. Of course if you look at the big picture, lots of people dont like the Bush administration so you can almost get away saying the people dictate the tone of the Bush Admin in the media. I myself believe it to be a little bit of both, there is a clear cut bias in the media, especially when something like Joe Biden is overlooked entirely. I realize Palin is a jucie steak right now, but Biden could have been put on B3 or slipped into a forum set somehwhere.
I do however believe that the same problem we are having in the elite media, (paper and tv) we are having the oppisite in talk radio, and talk shows, for the Republicans. Radio is clearly doing just the opp. of what tv and print is doing. Its clear to see that they do this to try to lvl the playing field and get out information that the right felt was not being given fair air time. As an objective viewer to this I believe though the right side has had a far worse time in the media then the left, as to wether that is contributed to bias in media or just to the fact that stories that need to be told are negative toward Republican is still unclear. However facts that I have researched show strong bias.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
I have to disagree with you, I dont believe our current administration has any power of any elite media at this time.

I wasn't meaning to say they did. At this present moment. I was trying to say that there is a consistent track record of Corporate America controlling the media in favor of both parties, depending on what they are trying to sell, whether it's a snickers bar or a war on oil.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
As an objective viewer to this I believe though the right side has had a far worse time in the media then the left,

Plenty of people watch Fox News and plenty of people watch Bill O'Reilly, among others. I don't necessarily come to that same 'objective' conclusion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join