posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:02 AM
Here is a short list of factual mistakes that anyone can look up that was made by Joe Biden, Bidens facts when unchecked, while on the other hand
Palins was scrutinized word for word. He has been a sitting Senator for 35 years and some of these are simple facts that I would expect a leader to
know. I myself knew them just being up with current news. Can someone pls tell me why Joe Biden has not been called out on these mistakes, and how an
orginazation like CNN can say he clearly won by a landslide? If anyone can prove any of the following links wrong pls give me details as to where you
found your material. thanks
1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE
2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of
Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.
3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping”
the Outer Continental Shelf.”
4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John
McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.
5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants
in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.
6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy
when he says he voted against it 23 times.
7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax
hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false
8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a
windfall profits tax. Our PFD is not from a windfall tax, its from a structured settlement to the oil companies that is funded on the open market.
9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to
Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge
strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.
10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.
11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war
and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.
12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on
individuals making $200,000 or more.
13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the
four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of
a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”
14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.
15. Biden said the US and France had driven Hesbala out of Lebanon, taking credit for that to sway the Jewish vote, Hezbalah has not been driven out
of Lebanon, they are still there today. As a sitting Senator these are simple facts he should know.
16. He mistated what the constitution says about the VP duties are, he even got the article wrong also. Once again Sarah Palin knew what the duties of
the VP was and Joe Biden who has been working for the VP for 35 years was blantantly wrong.
17. He stated we spend more in a month in Iraq then we have spent the entire war in Afghanistan. That is about 2000 percent wrong. He has no concept
of the amount of money being spent in either warfront. Once again he is a sitting
18. He lied when he said the Obama had never said the we were bombing villages and killing civillians in Afghanistan. Obama clearly said that and you
can find it on youtube.