It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government Plans to Spy on All Internet, Text, Telephone Calls and e-mail Traffic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I suspect that the common people of the UK are generally speaking, living under very much the same circumstances as we here in the US.

But then, doesn't it seems that has been true since the late 19th century or so?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
reply to post by stumason

just look at the state of this country,1 in 3 children in born in poverty and deprivation,life expectancy is falling,crime is ever on the up despite what the cooked figures say(removing ALL internet fraud as a crime aswell as banker card fraud last year is one method they have used to cook the books)

lol, hilarious, if a child is born into poverty in the UK it is the fault of the parents, they are given enough to feed and clothe their child extremely well although if the parent decides to buy cigarettes, beer, sky TV and a 50" Plasma from brighthouse then that is an action that needs to be taken against the parent... What does not need to happen is to increases Taxes again and given them even more money for more cigarettes, beer, sky HDTV and a 60" Plasma from brighthouse.

This country would get back on it's feet easily by reintroducing stigma on having children when you cannot look after them, being willingly on the jobseekers allowance and crying that your back hurts when there are people out there who are actually disabled and still manage to work.

Reintroduction of food stamps/clothing stamps and a lower "actual money" handout, lower taxes / stealth taxes on manufacturing / small businesses, regulated housing prices, that would be a start... child poverty indeed... I think it's absolutely disrespectful to the children in this world who actually live in poverty.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
They can have all the intel they want from every source available, they'll still screw it up. Jean Charles De Menezes...

If the people paid to do their jobs by the taxpayers of Britain actually did their jobs instead of being technicians, we wouldn't need to spend billions on these systems.

All in the name of terrorism, what a joke.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

If they say they are "planning" to do it, then it is already being done. They want you to get used to the idea now because they are moving to the next phase of the project.

They have always been spying on everything we do while we sit here believing the illusion of having rights and freedom.

We don't.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
1984 much?????

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It seems this is yet another massive corporate welfare project that has no logical end or even conclusion. It's to shift huge amounts of attention, tax revenue, and wealth onto the technology sector whilst fulfilling the agenda to extend and balloon further government bureaucracy.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i spoke about this on another thread somewhere, the systems for tracking people,eavesdropping, monitoring communication etc are already in place. mobile phones, gps systems a supercomputer that tracks all calls texts and e-mails looking for triggerwords its all there, all thats needed is a way of bringing these all together, ID cards being one way. when it comes to home phones and internet could BT (british telecom) be part of this? i recently moved house and use talk talk as my phone and internet provider, but i was soon pretty confused, when i told them i was moving house and that the new house did not have a phone line connected to it they told me that only BT could connect a line. so i have had to open an account with BT so that talk talk can then contact them to take it over, costing me over £150 in the process. so if all lines are owned by BT then all calls in the Uk go through them, so much for competition in the market.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Think about it this way: If you become a suspect, you hold 'different values' or you become a problem, your entire life is available at the click of a button. You don't necessarily need to have triggered keywords for this to affect you.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by seenitall]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just a statement/question, but what makes us think that the United States hasn't already created such a database? America has some of the best technology and scientists that this day in time has ever seen - we more than likely GAVE them idea of the database. Either the scientists did it, or our G rated honey I Shrunk The Kids show did it.

As Always
CM

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

"Any society willing to give up a little bit of freedom in order to gain a little bit of security, shall receive neither and lose both"-Benjamin Franklin

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Its a pity we cant get everyone we all know to use these 'trigger' words in all forms of their communication.If we could all get our family, friends and workmates to use these words and phrases at least once in every txt, email, chat, phonecall etc they send.Surely this would either overload the whole system or force them to give up from trying to track everyone.
I also think any serious terrorist or organization would be aware of most of these trigger words and use alternate words that they would frequently change making this whole spying thing redudant.
But than they are not spying on the bad guys are they?They're spying on us.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
"This country would get back on it's feet easily by reintroducing stigma on having children when you cannot look after them, being willingly on the jobseekers allowance and crying that your back hurts when there are people out there who are actually disabled and still manage to work.
"

the ramblings of somebody that only repeats what he hears, rather than researching facts.

if you researched facts you'd find that it is impossible to claim jobseekers allowance and claim you are unable to work due to a bad back, if you did so you would NOT be entitled to it.

also you assume people cannot afford to look after their children, this fact goes against wanting to be on jobseekers or any other benefit by choice
, why would you want to go on benefits when you make it clear you would not beable to support your family on it? but then you change your stance(in the rest of your post) to add these people must have huge t.v.s and beable to afford every luxury going.

you also make the error of assuming people were never able to afford looking after their children. not true, you fail to realise people had jobs before they became unemployed and were able to support their children, untill they lost their job.

as for people finding work, you are aware there are more and more people and not so many jobs at the moment, due to current circumstances? even if jobs were in abundence, the picture that is painted of the unemployed dos'nt exactly give employers confidence in employing somebody who is unemployed, no instead they would rather appoint somebody who already has a job. it's not hard to see whos to blame for that being the prefered method by many employers.

i mean if i read your comments and believed them, and i owned my own company, i would'nt be employing the unemployed any time soon, only as a last result. i'd much rather employ somebody who is already in work to avoid getting one of those lazy lay abouts who have no intention of working.

sorry if this post is off topic, but i thought the policy of ATS was to deny ignorance.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I came across an article some years ago in relation to something called "Semantic Forrest" which if I remember correctly, was the bogey man programme which was supposed to be able to do exactly what the article implies.

Anyone know anything about it?

To retaliate -

would it be possible for someone to create a programme carrying every conceivable "Keyword" that could be attached to every PC when it logs on to the web so as to wind up the snooping bastards?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

Everyone should take back as much of their anonimity now, before its too late. When buying anything from places like PCworld etc, dont give them your name, address when they ask.

Yeah mate I started doing stuff like that a while ago. Not only is it useful for maintaining privacy it's halved the amount of junk mail I receive!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Surely there is no poorer child than one whos parent chooses to be ignorant.

It is easy to knock those at the bottom of the pile, especially if you have not been there.

If we are to clear the land of the "Freeloader" perhaps we should start with the most obvious and blatent "The House Of Windsor".
Yes indded folks this bunch of scroungers are laughing right in the face of the taxpayer all the way to the bank.

Of course the ignorant will allways make some incredible excuse for these wanton parasite likee "Aw they represent our country" and such.

Perhaps if the millions squandered by and on the Royals were put to good use like education, then a 16 year old junkie mother would'nt be giving what money she has to parasitical companies like Brighthouse in order to watch a 10 foot TV, telling her how badly she needs a ten foot TV to somehow be normal.

I know this is slighlty off topic but it is hard not to respond to ignorant remarks, the people who control the game are laughing all the way to the bank while keeping you more concerened about a minority instead of looking at the big picture.

Someone recently said (can't remember who at the mo) that women only got the vote, so as they could get to go to work , thus "DOUBLING" the ammount of tax collected.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Echelon monitors data and flags keywords and such.

This database will store those communications.

This database isnt just a list of stuff, there will be a secondary database made from the first one which is easily searchable. Then they can 'profile' people using points like your credit rating or even profile your personality like a teen magazine.

THe possibilities are limited only to the sql programmers abilities. Why the need to keep a list of those to be rounded up, when you can compile one in less than a day?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform

"This country would get back on it's feet easily by reintroducing stigma on having children when you cannot look after them, being willingly on the jobseekers allowance and crying that your back hurts when there are people out there who are actually disabled and still manage to work.
"

the ramblings of somebody that only repeats what he hears, rather than researching facts.

if you researched facts you'd find that it is impossible to claim jobseekers allowance and claim you are unable to work due to a bad back, if you did so you would NOT be entitled to it.

also you assume people cannot afford to look after their children, this fact goes against wanting to be on jobseekers or any other benefit by choice
, why would you want to go on benefits when you make it clear you would not beable to support your family on it? but then you change your stance(in the rest of your post) to add these people must have huge t.v.s and beable to afford every luxury going.

you also make the error of assuming people were never able to afford looking after their children. not true, you fail to realise people had jobs before they became unemployed and were able to support their children, untill they lost their job.

as for people finding work, you are aware there are more and more people and not so many jobs at the moment, due to current circumstances? even if jobs were in abundence, the picture that is painted of the unemployed dos'nt exactly give employers confidence in employing somebody who is unemployed, no instead they would rather appoint somebody who already has a job. it's not hard to see whos to blame for that being the prefered method by many employers.

i mean if i read your comments and believed them, and i owned my own company, i would'nt be employing the unemployed any time soon, only as a last result. i'd much rather employ somebody who is already in work to avoid getting one of those lazy lay abouts who have no intention of working.

sorry if this post is off topic, but i thought the policy of ATS was to deny ignorance.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by lifeform]

I know several families who claim undeserved "disablement benefits" and recent studies (www.express.co.uk...) have proven you are better off on benefits then working a minimum wages, I live and frequent council estates so I know all to well that people will put their own agendas ahead of their children and have no quarrels whatsoever on living on benefits. I will take your comments and file them under "Guy who is not in touch with reality and probably has a job working for the government, thus making himself a drain on the counties economy"

[edit] I will give you a little credit as I'm not basing my biases on those who have been made unemployed, merely those who "chose" to remain on benefits.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Echelon monitors data and flags keywords and such.

This database will store those communications.

This database isnt just a list of stuff, there will be a secondary database made from the first one which is easily searchable. Then they can 'profile' people using points like your credit rating or even profile your personality like a teen magazine.

THe possibilities are limited only to the sql programmers abilities. Why the need to keep a list of those to be rounded up, when you can compile one in less than a day?

Neural nets, SQL is a little too "today"

[edit on 6/10/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

The royal family brings more money into the country than what is spent on them, I have no quarrels what-so-ever on the £40m spent on the royals, and before you go on and on please realise that £40m is nothing and less than that is spent on the advertising campaigns for elections.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join