It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead relatives and friends contacting the dying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here's one I was told 2 nights ago by an aid I work with not really quite on topic but quite interesting none the less.

Her mother had died, about 2 or so days after the death the phone rings so she answers it.

Her mother is on the phone talking to her and she tells her mother "your dead" Her mother tells her "oh don't worry about me it's really nice over here. Oh they're coming now I have to go." She told me her mother was refering to her dead relatives.

I died once when I was a kid. I was never met by anybody but there was a white light I kind of gravitated to. Once on the other side I was told it was an accident and I was not suppose to die then was introduced to whom I was told were friends and family that wanted me to go back. I didn't recognize any of them at the time.

A few years later I was shown a family photo and recognized one of the ladies right away. I was told she died before I ever met her and she was the one that had knitted my baby blanket for me before I was born. She was one of the people in the group I had met.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Woman on the moon
I used to work as a nurse, often we would see that indeed patients would say that they had seen and or spoken to a past family member or friend.

On several occasions patients would call for their mother in the days prior to their passing and would only calm down once they felt their mother was there - they would pass away within hours after they had found that relief
In combination with seeing their deceased mother, other relatives or friends,; the patients would often make the same movements with their hands, we used to say that the patient was preparing his "luggage" for his final trip. We always saw these signs as an indication that death would be eminent.

Whilst several patients have experienced this prior to their passing the question remains whether they are actually seeing their deceased relatives or whether it is a “trick” played by their brains to make the passing more comfortable.

My sister is an oncology nurse at UCSF and she basically echoed these sentiments, save the last question about the cause.
She explained an experience she had that had convinced her that there is another side and that they were making themselves known to her in a way. I asked her if she thought maybe it was caused by something else, but she remained convinced these were spirits.

I'm still a bit on the fence about the existence of lingering or omnipresent spirits, but it is still nice to know that even if it is just a trick, if you believe it yourself, then what else matters?

I guess we really won't know until our time comes.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Has anyone had this happen to dying relatives at all -

Last week my grandfather past away however a couple of days before he did, he was seen 'talking' to his brothers and friends. Nothing unusal there I here you say. The thing is that all of the people he was speaking to died some years ago.

The person that witnessed this also experienced the same thing when her partnered died a couple of years ago, he was seen talking to some dead relatives.

Is this the people that have passed getting the dying person ready and arrange the welcome?

Would be intereseted in hearing your thoughts as my father passed away 17.5 years ago and would love to know that he had the same treatment from the afterlife.

This samething happened to my dad.I have also seen it happen to many people I know; I truely believe that they come to get them used to the idea of leaving this plain of reality and moving on to the next. What ever that may be according to ones beliefs.
peace xoxo stacie

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I work in a nursing home and although it hasn't happened to me, a lot of nurses say that the residents will tell you when they are dying ...For example:

Nurse : I'll see you tomorrow Mr Smith
Mr. Smith: No you won't love..
*That night Mr. Smith dies*

Weird...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join