It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prescription Drug Conspiracy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Its with a heavy heart that I tell this story...I guess I am looking for opinions from the people out there that may have knowledge or experience in this realm.

A long time family friend of my parents is going to possibly spend the rest of his life in jail for something that I am very confused by. He was a business man that owned a construction company...he made tons of money in this business creating a wonderful home environment for his family and friends....Nearing the end of his career he saw an investment opportunity that was out of his knowledge base, but seemed so noble that he bit (for reference names of persons and business will be excluded). He got involved in a company that was making prescription drugs for cancer patients.....This gentlemen felt so strongly about this company, which happened to be a non-profit organization, that he even put his mother on the drugs when she was battling the disease....she survived, and he attributed that to the drug.....

Time went by and he continued to get more involved in the organization...He felt so strongly about it he got his son involved in the donation and marketing aspect of the company. As time went along he felt that the company was on to something big until they got busted by the feds.... As the story goes...apparently the executive people involved in this non-profit organization were embezzling money. In the USA this is a VERY big deal.

From the start he was offered a plea bargain for as little as 6 months for a guilty plea. I will tell you as the sea is blue, this man had NO idea this was happening...if in fact it was happening to begin with. There is no way he would put the well being of his family on the line for a quick buck. This guy made millions in the construction industry....He was a Christian man that believed in the system, and under no circumstance would he claim guilt for something he knew he did not do. He believed that it was a farce from the start...he felt that it was a conspiracy against the drug that they had faith in...

Some background info.....my inlaws and this man met in church over 30 years ago. They have a deep seeded faith, and as far as i know they live their lives for god and family. Despite what anyone thinks about religious, I just want to stress, these people are honest Americans with a deep seeded faith..**note** I am not a religious man, and I realize there are all sorts of good and evil within religion, but for the purpose of what I am telling you, this is an inherently good person**

So now we have the collapse of this company that was developing these drugs for cancer patients....The trial comes, and this man who is 59 years old has to stand trial. He is under the scrutiny of a prosecution that has already convicted EVERYONE else involved in this APPARENT scam.....

The man gets sentenced to 12 years....12 years for investing his money in a company that he truly believed in. They had this company wired...there was an inside man involved for a year and there was never a point where he admitted any wrong doing. Everyone involved was convicted, yet he held his ground knowing that he had done nothing wrong....but what jury would have sympathy for an individual the prosecution paints as a greedy person stealing money..especially in this economy ..apparently they based the prosecution on the idea that he would profit in the near future from all the supposed embezzling , but never had the chance since they were busted. He stood dumbfounded and betrayed by the government that he was proud to be a part of. A proud American facing federal prison.. On top of the 12 years...13 million dollar fine......

He goes into jail mid November, leaving behind his distraught wife and children/grandchildren.... He has to server 80% of the term so we are talking 10 years....

What I am trying to figure out here (the reason for telling the story). Do you think its possible that there is some sort of power that the prescription drug industry holds that prevents new and advanced drugs from coming out? Are they trying to keep us sick? There is no way...no way in hell that this guy would do what he is going to jail for....Why would he get his family involved (his son was not charged) and why would he put his mother on the medication if it was a scam?

I honestly feel at this point that there is a conspiracy when it comes to advanced drugs that have the potential to heal. Money drives these companies and any threat can be eliminated.

What kind of power do the drug companies have?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You only have to look at previous cases involving drug companies that tested their drugs on the African nation regardless of whether they drug produced illness or even death. Then there is the case of the drug that actually contained the AIDS virus that was halted from US sales but in order to make a profit was shipped off to various 3rd world nations to be sold there.

Drug companies are the bane of the worlds existence. They seek to profit from human suffering.

I would go so far as to say that the prosecution of the man you describe is a combination of the drug companies having a say and the inherent failure of the legal system as a whole (which is also about making profit).

Follow the money and you will get your answer.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
So then you would say that it is to the point where the drug companies have that much power that they can destroy lives...The same lives of those who are trying to save lives? When does too much money become too much?? You would think that if someone was that powerful that they have more money than god....why do you have to stop the progress of medicine and destroy everything in your way??

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

There is a saying that goes "Power corrupts and Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely".

The more power these drug execs get, the more they want. The same goes for money. There is always something they can spend it on or invest in to gain even greater profit. They will do everything in their power to maintain control of the profit. If another comes along with a honest cure for a disease they are profiting from, they will do everything they can (including assassination) in order to maintain that control.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I do not want to be guilty of a one line post but I feel that I must respond to the OP. This is just my oppinion so do not ask me to back it up or prove it but in response to the original post...

YES!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

There are two sides to big pharma.
One is the one that creates imaginary diseases in order to sell prescriptions.
The other is suppressing alternative medicine to retain their market share.
For example there is a great website for everyone but especially cancer and HIV patients.
wolfe clinic
You don't have to buy anything if you don't want to, they have an extensive amount of useful information which big pharma will never tell you.

I realize that none of this will help your family friend and I am sorry for that.
I'm just trying to answer your OP as best I can.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Yes, I should probably add that I too feel sorry for your friend. He got the raw end of the deal. I feel sick knowing what I know and feeling helpless to do anything about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I am so sorry and this blows.

I have a question. Maybe 2 or 3. Was this drug approved by the FDA? Were clinical trials done or is this a homeopathic drug that is an alternative to traditional medicine ?

My next piece of advice would be to appeal on any grounds. Maybe incompetent representation. A 59 year old man getting that much time could well be conceived as a life sentence. I believe you that he would not do this, but somehow the crime doesn't fit the punishment.

Did any of the others that were convicted testify for or against him ?

I am sure I have more questions but for now it is late and I am tired. I will wait for your response and mull this over for awhile.

He will be in my prayers. Was this conviction for embezelling (sp) or conspiracy ?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
According to Dr. Bill Deagle, drug companies as well as the government have a huge interest in keeping effective medicine out of the market for population control and profit. Very sad. He used the example that with the medicines the government has you could have a 120 year old man playing tennis with his grand kids.

He provides a list of some medications in his videos and there uses in curing just about anything

When the people take the government back it will hopefully all change.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff RiffHe got involved in a company that was making prescription drugs for cancer patients.....This gentlemen felt so strongly about this company, which happened to be a non-profit organization, that he even put his mother on the drugs when she was battling the disease....she survived, and he attributed that to the drug.....

Time went by and he continued to get more involved in the organization...He felt so strongly about it he got his son involved in the donation and marketing aspect of the company. As time went along he felt that the company was on to something big until they got busted by the feds.... As the story goes...apparently the executive people involved in this non-profit organization were embezzling money. In the USA this is a VERY big deal.

What an awful story! I hope your friend does appeal.

Unfortunately, I think that yes, if a successful not-for-profit came along that provided prescription drugs at significant savings, the pharmaceutical industry would do what it could to make sure it failed. Including pressuring the IRS and other agencies to investigate.

Since the charge was embezzlement, not violation of a company's right to a monopoly on a new drug, and since these were prescription (thus FDA-approved) medicines, I assume the goal wasn't (in this case) to prevent people from having access to a new treatment, but instead to prevent an alternative model of access to drugs from working out.

That, to me, is even worse. Alternative treatments generally get adopted eventually if they actually work, and word usually goes out on the internet about them anyway.

But if someone could actually come up with a business model that threatened the stranglehold Big Pharma has on our access to prescription medicine, we might see some real change.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Not doubting the sincerity of your post, as I hope you don't doubt mine...

My first question is: how could anyone involved in that level of promoting an alternative treatment NOT have encountered pharmaceutical/corporate resistance over the years, and fail to identify weaknesses in their not-for-profit organization that might potentially be exploited by the pharma/corporate world?

Surely as a success in the construction industry he would understand the concept of market share? He would also have encountered corruption and out and out crime that frequently occurs in pursuit of it?

Please don't think I am unsympathetic; it might sound cold to dissect it like this. It's possible (even likely) that pharmagods nailed your friend to prevent the drug surfacing. What we are bombarded with as being healthy and what is in reality healthy are two concepts that parted ways centuries ago. The real knowledge is still there, waiting for anyone who cares to look with an open mind and open heart, as it appears your friend did.

I have to agree with the basset hound av: punishment-crime does not match unless the prosecution's evidence and witnesses were 10/10 documented and they landed BIG hits on his character.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by undermind]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's not that Big Pharma doesn't genuinely want to help people. It's that it always puts profit first. If it can do both it will, but it will never make a compromise if it lowers profit margins. And so, just like other huge corporations, they embrace corruption by putting profit first and people second.

How powerful is Big Pharma? They are huge. Big time.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You would need to be more specific with regard to the company and the "treatment" that this mystery company developed for anyone to respond to this unfortunate case.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I hope your friend will appeal this conviction. This definitely sounds like a conspiracy to keep an effective medication away from people.
I have NEVER heard of a drug company that is non-profit. So if the drug was FDA approved, and prescribed by an MD, this this definitely a conspiracy by Big Pharma.
You see, Big Pharma has only one motive. Make money. When the patent is running out on a drug, a minor change is made, often the addition of one molecule, which does not affect the effacy of the drug, then they apply a for, and get, a new patent.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

From the start he was offered a plea bargain for as little as 6 months for a guilty plea. I will tell you as the sea is blue, this man had NO idea this was happening...if in fact it was happening to begin with. There is no way he would put the well being of his family on the line for a quick buck. This guy made millions in the construction industry....He was a Christian man that believed in the system, and under no circumstance would he claim guilt for something he knew he did not do. He believed that it was a farce from the start...he felt that it was a conspiracy against the drug that they had faith in...

I am sad to say it but, he should've accepted this plea bargin and pled guilty, even though he knew deep inside that he was innocent. Why? Because, look at the end result of this. Now he's going away for 13 years. The Justice system is not fair, in fact, it is quite corrupt at every angle.

You have to go into the Judicial system with THEIR mindset, ie; a lying, corrupt mindset. Once you enter with this state of mind, you are playing the game on their level. Believers in God, this is a unique case in my opinion where it's okay to swear to God to tell the truth, but then turn around and lie under oath, because that court has not been sanctioned by God to judge you, furthermore, they lie through their teeth, the cops, the prosecutors, the witnesses, and the judges. That court is there to lock you away, and is actively trying to do so.

So, if you know you are innocent, but the police officer has lied on the police report and added vital bits that make you look guilty as heck, the same bits that you knew SHOULD be missing from the report and the reason for your confidence in pleading not guilty, it is okay to turn around and plead guilty despite knowing you are innocent.

This happened to me recently. Had I pled not guilty and fought against this Seargent, with only one witness (my sister who's 18 and kinda ditzy) on my side, the Judge would beliee the Seargent over my sister and I would've been found guilty. At that point, there would've been a fair chance of that Judge giving me a day or three in jail just to be mean to me and teach me a lesson for pleading not guilty and trying to stick up for the truth, instead of suspending the entire 30 day jail sentence.

So I simply pled guilty despite knowing deep inside I was innocent. I also waived a certain type of "benefit" designed for first offenders. Had I taken the benefit, which the court appointed lawyer tried to say I wanted without even asking me (I had to correct him lol), I would've been on probation for an entire year, with random drug tests for an entire year, with an unspecified amount of community service work, a small fine, a loss of drivers license, and being on good behavior for that year.

But, since I waived the program, I did not get probation, did not get drug testing, and did not get community service. I had to pay a slightly larger fine, my license was still restricted (gonna happen either way) for 6 months, and thats all the punishment I got. I mean I literally got off with hardly any punishment at all ..

And since everyone else that day in court were too dense to waive theirs, I looked like the only guy who got to bypass all of the dreadful system crap that they make you undertake, its just a year long hassle, and you're always in fear of being late or somethng and having the cops out to find and get you.

My point is that sometimes you have to play their game with them to get away from them relatively unscathed. If you dont, you end up in the system of jails & prisons..

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As far as I know, it was not FDA approved. The money they got was used for clinical trials.

Nobody within the company testified against each other, all pleaded innocent and all are doing time.

They had nothing on him when it came to embezzlement so he was charged with conspiracy....

Lots of good comments on here. It really is an eye opener to know the power that lies within, and the money that motivates it

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
You only have to look at previous cases involving drug companies that tested their drugs on the African nation regardless of whether they drug produced illness or even death. Then there is the case of the drug that actually contained the AIDS virus that was halted from US sales but in order to make a profit was shipped off to various 3rd world nations to be sold there.

Drug companies are the bane of the worlds existence. They seek to profit from human suffering.

I would go so far as to say that the prosecution of the man you describe is a combination of the drug companies having a say and the inherent failure of the legal system as a whole (which is also about making profit).

Follow the money and you will get your answer.

this is because the machines run the drug companies.

if you want to depopulate humanity what better way to do it than gaining control of thier medical facilities at all levels.

something needs to be done,there everywhere,what people often percieve to be corporate greed,the illuminati,crazed politicians is actually the machines in human form dividing and weakining us.

the world is going to be awoken some day and i tell you,the backlash is going to be glorious.....when they find out machines,ai's are responsible for most of the problems and wars we have faced over the past centuary in the name of legal depopulation....my god thier going to be furious......

.....if we wake up thier infiltration and evil over forever and we win...and they skulk away back to thier artificial realities where their meaningless existence imprisons them once again.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I thought it might be a conspiracy conviction due to the length of the sentence. Had they charged him with embezzlement he would have done 4 or 5 years if convicted.

So you are saying at the time of the arrest they were involved with clinical trials? Were they approached by a pharma company prior to this to but their patent?

Who had a man inside the company for a year? What did he say was going on within the structure of the company?

I keep hearing the word entrapment ringing in my ears.

Can you give the name of the drug or company. I would like to go online and check it out.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I will see what I can find out in regards to those questions. Not a lot has been revealed to me, so i will keep you posted

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The reason I am asking is because if the inside person was hired by the pharma companies, you can undo this. Now proving that isn't as easy as it sounds. Did his lawyer get a background done on this person ? I mean a really good background check ?

If the company was approached to buy out their patent and refused that would explain a lot of things.

How long was this company in existence ? The reason I am asking these questions is because some form of publicity or fanfare had to of been made about the potential for this drug before other pharma companies would of known about it and then get a guy inside. Was his past job for a pharma company and his resume and references so good they thought they had won the lottery with him so to speak?

It's kinda like when they describe JFK. Who would benefit from this and go from there. I would look to see who patents a med just like this with one or two molecule changes. That will be your answer and may make it easier to figure out who sent the inside guy.

I'll keep thinking about this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join