It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight arrested after brawl - Taser used as last resort.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Eight arrested after brawl - Taser used as last resort.

www.smh.com.au

Eight people were arrested and a Taser was used during a brawl in an inner-Sydney suburb overnight.

The brawl involving about 20 people broke out at Pyrmont wharf at about 10:50pm last night after a harbour cruise for a 21st birthday party.

Police say they were forced to use capsicum spray during the brawl and had to use a Taser on one man who was resisting arrest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
THIS is the perfect example of how a taser SHOULD be used. The police, after attempting to break up the fight using capsicum spray, eventually were forced to use a taser on one man when he resisted arrest.

These officers appear to have been trained on the proper use of tasers. They used capsicum spray first, which quelled all but one of the brawlers and when the spray proved ineffective against that one person, then and only then did they resort to the taser.

Well done to the Australian Police. For once I am actually proud of a police officer for using common sense.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I agree with your sentiment there. It is good to see "proper use" news posted to counter all of those that post about the unnecessary use. In the US, I would say that there are as many good, well trained, self controlled officers as there are corrupt, stupid, power hungry jerks.

Cheers to the Aussie police for doing the right thing in this situation, employing proper riot tactics to subdue a violent situation.

new topics

join