It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of LA chapter of NOW endorses McCain-Palin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Source: gretawire.foxnews.com...

The head of the LA chapter of National Organization for Women has just endorsed Gov Palin @ campaign rally. Not speaking NOW or her chapter she said but as an individual. ” This is what a feminist looks like,” she just before handing it over to SLP.

Wow, this is certainly unexpected. I think this will probably boost McCain-Palin among moderately independent and democrat women.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Well that is a head-scratcher

I always thought that feminists and especially NOW are die hard with liberal philosophies.

More sources would be great.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
She was speaking as an individual. NOW pretty much died during the Clinton Administration. The hypocrisy got to them.

I'm sure Palin does not actively seak any kind of endorsement from NOW. That would be kind of embarrassing.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't believe this. (See Edit below) It's from an email Greta got... No name? No other source on the web? Which Los Angeles Chapter? I would need more information to believe this.

Originally posted by RRconservative
NOW pretty much died during the Clinton Administration. The hypocrisy got to them.

You are very wrong. It's as alive as ever.

Edited to add:

I Found This

The "Victory '08 Campaign Rally" made a determined effort to build support among women for the McCain-Palin ticket. Shelly Mandell, president of the Los Angeles Chapter of the National Organization for Women and a self-described lifelong Democrat, introduced Palin at the event.
"I know Sarah Palin cares about women's rights," Mandell said. "As vice president, she will fight for you. She cares about our children and she cares about women's lives."

Sarah Palin is about as far from a feminist as you can get.

And it appears the story is true. Yuck. Mandell should be fired.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Excellent.

Good to see more high-ranking liberals/dems start to come to their senses and switch their votes to McCain-Palin. Also, kind of fun to see BH say she doesn't believe it and then by the end of her post have say in effect, "damn , it''s true".

Interesting how you never seem to hear of any "defections" going the other way - and you know the MSM that's in Obama's back pocket would play it to the hilt if any Republican ever did switch to supporting Obama.

Flagged and starred.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm a little bit confused:

Sarah doesn't strike me as feminist.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Nevermind.................mods please delete

[edit on 7-10-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Funny, I thought NOW was endorsing Obama!

Straight from the National Organization for Women website!

National Organization for Women PAC Endorses Obama-Biden

September 16, 2008

It is with great enthusiasm that I announce today, on behalf of the nation's oldest and largest women's rights organization, that the National Organization for Women Political Action Committee (NOW PAC) proudly endorses Sen. Barack Obama for President of the United States.

Originally posted by centurion1211

Interesting how you never seem to hear of any "defections" going the other way - and you know the MSM that's in Obama's back pocket would play it to the hilt if any Republican ever did switch to supporting Obama.

Maybe you've just been missing their coverage of Republicans crossing party lines and endorsing Obama.

When Republicans Endorse Obama
Susan Eisenhower Joins Other Republicans in Endorsing Obama
Chafee Endorses Obama
Republicans Flee Party: Major Republicans Endorse Barack Obama
Republican Rep. Endorses Obama
Two Republicans endorse Obama
Republican Senator's Wife to Back Obama
Reagan Republicans Endorsing Obama
Former L.A. Mayor crosses party lines, endorses Obama
Former Republican congressman endorses Obama's bid
Prominent Indiana Republicans Endorsing Obama
Sitting Republican Congressman Endorses Obama

Okay, enough of that, here's a Google search result link for Republicans endorsing Obama if you'd like to read a little more and find out whose voting against their own party. There's PLENTY of more articles.

GOOGLE Search - republicans endorsing obama

[edit on 10/8/2008 by Keyhole]

top topics

join