It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative Entities and Haunted Houses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I just had some interesting thoughts that occured to me. I am working in a haunted forrest through October for Halloween. Would there likely be negative entities lurking around in such a place because of the intense emotion of fear being given off?

I have never seen or experienced anything paranormal, but I do believe in possibilities. From what I understand malicious entities often lurk around places where they can feed on negative energy. Is there any better place to find such outbursts of fear as a haunted attraction? After all, generating fear in the patrons is the main goal.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well, negative entities certainly prey on negative emotions, particularly fear. Also, one of the most important things to remember is that thoughts are things.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mav3rick

i would say yes. by creating a more habital enviroment for things negative, you will likely attract more negative things. makes sense, i've never thought about it until now. but that being said, in high school i was a walking advertisement for evil:black nails, marilyn manson was my hero, i wore pentagrams and drew them on all my notebooks and clothes, read the satanic bible...yet i can't recall a truly evil thought i ever had during that time, and i should have been the perfect enviroment for evil and negativity to dwell in, but i was just a happy go lucky guy. i don't have use for all that nonsense now, but my basic character is the same.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think you may want to consider this from another point of view.

If people are coming to this attraction, they obviously enjoy being scared. They become happy because of the adrenaline rush. Considering this medium, I wouldn't be too concerned about attracting anything negative.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Thee is a wealth of information available about thought forms and such, which do develop in such situations as what you are speaking about.

Tulpa (Wylie: sprul-pa) is a Vajrayana, Bonpo and Tibetan Buddhist upaya concept, discipline and teaching tool. The term was first rendered into English as 'Thoughtform' by Evans-Wentz (1954: p.29):

Inasmuch as the mind creates the world of appearances, it can create any particular object desired. The process consists of giving palpable being to a visualization, in very much the same manner as an architect gives concrete expression in three dimensions to his abstract concepts after first having given them expression in the two-dimensions of his blue-print. The Tibetans call the One Mind's concretized visualization the Khorva (Hkhorva), equivalent to the Sanskrit Sangsara; that of an incarnate deity, like the Dalai or Tashi Lama, they call a Tul-ku (Sprul-sku), and that of a magician a Tul-pa (Sprul-pa), meaning a magically produced illusion or creation. A master of yoga can dissolve a Tul-pa as readily as he can create it; and his own illusory human body, or Tul-ku, he can likewise dissolve, and thus outwit Death. Sometimes, by means of this magic, one human form can be amalgamated with another, as in the instance of the wife of Marpa, guru of Milarepa, who ended her life by incorporating herself in the body of Marpa."[
Tulpas

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malzypants

If people are coming to this attraction, they obviously enjoy being scared. They become happy because of the adrenaline rush. Considering this medium, I wouldn't be too concerned about attracting anything negative.

who are u and where have u been all my life? maybe it's the sleep depravation, but in the last few minutes, i have read two posts by you that completely sum everything up in only a coupla sentences. YOU MAKE WAY TOO MUCH SENSE FOR THIS SITE!

be my friend! i need someone like you to help ground me on some of these threads, and i am not kissing butt or exagerating, you have impressed me very much. the more time you spend here you will see just how rare it is that someone sees the question at hand so clearly and poses soulutions with such ease. in this case it wasn't a solution, but a fatal flaw in theory you pointed out that i gurantee had escaped EVERYONE until now. Cool on you!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

who are u and where have u been all my life? maybe it's the sleep depravation, but in the last few minutes, i have read two posts by you that completely sum everything up in only a coupla sentences. YOU MAKE WAY TOO MUCH SENSE FOR THIS SITE!

be my friend! i need someone like you to help ground me on some of these threads, and i am not kissing butt or exagerating, you have impressed me very much. the more time you spend here you will see just how rare it is that someone sees the question at hand so clearly and poses soulutions with such ease. in this case it wasn't a solution, but a fatal flaw in theory you pointed out that i gurantee had escaped EVERYONE until now. Cool on you!

Why thank you!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I do see your point, however I think this is true to a certain extent. I don't think everyone "enjoys" it. I was running chainsaws and was the last barrier to the exit. I couldn't tell you how many people I saw who were utterly terrified and in tears.

There is a wide spectrum of emotion that I saw. There were some who were laughing, some who were pretty indifferent, and then those that were about to have a psychotic meltdown.

Just because someone chooses to experience fear, does that transform it from a negative to a positive emotion? I would think that fear would still provide an environment for negative things to become attracted to.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Mav3rick]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mav3rick

I do see your point, however I think this is true to a certain extent. I don't think everyone "enjoys" it. I was running chainsaws and was the last barrier to the exit. I couldn't tell you how many people I saw who were utterly terrified and in tears.

There is a wide spectrum of emotion that I saw. There were some who were laughing, some who were pretty indifferent, and then those that were about to have a psychotic meltdown.

Just because someone chooses to experience fear, does that transform it from a negative to a positive emotion? I would think that fear would still provide an environment for negative things to become attracted to.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Mav3rick]

I do understand where you're coming from. Some people get very upset in "haunted" attractions. But I don't think it's the same kind of fear as when you are deeply and utterly afraid for you life. In the back of one's mind, one knows it isn't real. It does not initiate the "fight or flight" response in the majority of people that primal, life threating fear creates, and thus I don't think it would attract the same energy.

I would also think that to attract negative energy, one must output negative energy. Therefore the people who are working in the attraction in question would ultimately need to have the intention of mentally or physically harming their guests without any remorse, which in this case I don't think is true.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
As someone stated, there is an element of enjoyment and fun present at
these Halloween attractions, and negative entities aren't attracted to those
emotions. The real nasty entities are attracted to people who are habitually negative.
A friend of mine who is very sensitive and aware of these matters told me that some
very evil entities hang out in places like seedy bars where people are
into casual sex, marital infidelity, and drugs like meth. He said he saw a
greyish colored 'blob' of energy follow a man and woman out of a bar one night.
They turned a corner, and the thing turned the corner right behind them.
He doesn't see these things at will, but when conditions are right, he can see them.

It's my understanding that truly evil\negative entities aren't necessarily attracted to fear,
but rather to lower, base emotions. Violence of any kind, wanton physical desires, extreme
selfishness, etc. I see this stuff manifesting itself more and more with "celebrities" and
high-level athletes. Some of these people are so vile... it's sickening. I'm sure more than a
few of them have some negative entities who've set up shop with them.

top topics

join