It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I keep dreaming of events from the day before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I can never have any other type of dream now, like nightmares or dream things that are not possible. For example, yesterday I was thinking about my sister and how she wants to get a tattoo and wants me to go with her, also towards the end of the day at work I was reading an article in the newspaper of a woman who has cancer. So last night I dream that my sister has cancer. Can anyone help me understand what type of dreaming this is called?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It sounds like you are thinking about they days events and dreaming about them.

The other night , my brother told me he is going to re-join the marines. That night I dreamt I was in the marines in special ops.

The same week, I watched the show office, that night I had a dream the guy in that show was my boss. I do it all the time. Kind of like when the last song I heard sticks with me even in the morning.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
it's odd to me that u ask what kind of dreaming this is, because that is the basic idea of what a dream is to begin with. Any other type of dream about totally unfamiliar material and subject matter would be the exception, not the rule. are your dreams more often NOT about events going on recently? that would be strange. i'm not saying it's not possible, but generally people mix the recent events into a dream MUCH MUCH more than "unrelated" material.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yep, nothing unusual here. Just dreams of memories and their possibilities. Obviously the information was quite important and has found a place in your subconcious for easy retreival.

The ones you should pay attention to are dreams of the unknown or a possible future.

Roll with it! Have some fun with them and don't take them tooo literally. After all, they are a product of "your" imagination and subconcious, not the other way around.

I dreampt that I cut the throats of my mother and sister the other night.......uuuughh!

Don't worry, they're fine.

It's just information.....random and in sequence, to decipher the "direct" meaning is probably quite pointless, for me, it's a general "feel" of what's happening and not the direct image.

Good luck, be comfortable in your dreams, you are their master if you are a master who can understand yourself?

Tell your sister about your dream and tell her you love her. Even if she hears it often, tell her "why" you love her and your fear of losing her.

My own sister is still recovering from Leukemia, and believe me, the dreams, the meanings, the whole of life can be given a new perspective.......

How much love is felt in hindsight when it's too late to give.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yes your dreams are obviously trying to tell you things that your subconsious cant tell you directly. this happens to most of us that dream regularly.

i use to heavily self medicate on pot before bed to avoid dreaming for almost 10 years, i would remember only the most vivid and elaborate dreams, and only about twice a year. after i stopped there was a flood of seriously vivid dreams for about 2 months once my system had started to clear, crazy things that i should have written down. i could have written some wild bestsellers

top topics

join