It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iranian Mystery Ship: Death from the Sea

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballast
reply to post by ballast

Guess this is turning into my own blog? Oh, well....I'd rather know that I found this info. and put it out there, than think I'd done nothing.

Justified in my eyes. You are putting in a lot of effort and I think you're doing fine.
Keep it up. There's some damn good info you're finding.

Right on!

Cuhail

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The following is an example of the many and varied discrepancies regarding the MV Deyanat. The crew for instance:

www.newkerala.com...
Anthony was one of the three Indians among the 26 crew members of MV Iran Deyanat to be released Friday.
www.iht.com...
Somali pirates have freed two more Filipino sailors, leaving 45 on two other ships still in their hands, a Philippine official said Saturday.
Foreign Undersecretary Esteban Conejos said the two men were among 29 crew members on the Iranian bulk carrier Iran Deyanat freed late Friday. The ship was hijacked Aug. 21 in the Gulf of Aden off Somalia's coast.
informationdissemination.blogspot.com...
He said the Iranian ship with 28 crew members including two Russians, two Pakistanis and a Syrian would soon be freed once the $2 million ransom agreed upon was paid.
www.longwarjournal.org...
Suspicion has also been cast on the ship's crew, half of which is almost entirely staffed by Iranians - a large percentage of Iranian nationals for a standard merchant vessel. Somali officials say that the ship has a crew of 29 men, including a Pakistani captain, an Iranian engineer, 13 other Iranians, 3 Indians, 2 Filipinos, and 10 Eastern Europeans, possibly Croatian.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by ballast]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hmm the news seems to be unfolding a terrible event.

Based on the new info I have read, it seems there are 3 Iranian ships laiden with this nuclear waste. One was hijacked by somali pirates, yet the other two are unaccounted for. It is possible they are intended for use in an attack on the USA!

Now either this info of other ships, are false and the existing ships cargo is being used as an escape goat, should the US decide to dirty bomb there own populace (Is it not the natural signs of a serial killer, to get more progressive and voilent in their actions? first 9/11 now a dirty bomb?).

OR

Iran got pissed the fuk off with the constant threats of being attacked, possibly nuked by the US on the Israelis behalf. They decided to teach the Us a lesson and make a few major cities uninhabitable waste holes with the cargo.

I go for the setup option, why else would there be media blackout? If anything does happen, then the Us can blame Iran etc and not have any objection to an attack. But if the people knew of this incident, they would blame the US administration (and secret services, CIA, homeland security, nsa etc etc) for not taking any measures in the wake of the news, there are possibly two ships bound for the US, with nuclear dirty bombs.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

Thanks for "chiming" in!

There was an international team responding.This includes, Iranian ally, Russia. Supposedly they were in on the ship inspection. Perhaps, this ellimates the "false flag" plausibility?

The ships could be going to other ports with the same security.

www.tbrnews.org...
CBP’s Container Security Initiative, (CSI), is a cooperative effort with host country governments to identify and screen high-risk shipments before they leave participating ports. More than 80 percent of all cargo containers destined for U.S. shores originate in or are transshipped through 55 CSI ports in North, South and Central America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

The most likely intended target is America.

The Iranians have not exactly been a fan of America either. Let's not forget the Iranian taking of American hostages during the Reagan administration. The Shah nor his lackey President Ahmadinejad are fans of the Americans or their way of life.

The door swings both ways.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Umm yeah thank you for reading half my post!

As I did say it could be real, but it is not my opinion it is.

Would be kinda hard to get any cargo of that size and weight, through the security without raising eyebrows (considering the usual cargo container would not be as heavy, would make sense most the heavy containers are searched first priority since they could contain weapons, smuggled vehicles, heck even maybe Russian/Chinese tanks in setup for a covert land invasion?, although that is a bit far fetched lol).

Anyway even if it is shielded by lead, there would be some tell tale sign it contains radioactive material (maybe the containrs would glow on IR? Hot to the touch? etc).

But as mentioned, it could be plausible, if it was then the US has no one but themself to blame for any such pre-emptive action. Afterall they are the ones threatening pre-emptive action, against a historically peaceful nation (peaceful, in comparison to most western nations at least).

Might teach them to keep their mouth shut in future?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

Actually, I did read your post. Interesting point on the heat or glowing, can't say I've researched that, have you? One would think that the fact that the containers are not able to be x-rayed would be a trigger in itself.

www.tbrnews.org...

"The 20 ft containers are 8’ wide, and carry a load of 48,060 lb per container."

How could these containers be shipped? Could they be shipped accross our highways. How much does the actual shipment weigh?

Would be kinda hard to get any cargo of that size and weight, through the security without raising eyebrows (considering the usual cargo container would not be as heavy, would make sense most the heavy containers are searched first priority since they could contain weapons, smuggled vehicles, heck even maybe Russian/Chinese tanks in setup for a covert land invasion?, although that is a bit far fetched lol).

www.tbrnews.org...

One of the largest cargo container ports in America, Long Beach, California, has DHS inspection teams at work on a round the clock basis but because of the huge volume of traffic, only 2% of the cargo containers can be checked thoroughly at any given time."

Would they be inspected? I'd welcome another reference.

I guess we have no one but ourselves to blame, eh, Saf85?

if it was then the US has no one but themself to blame for any such pre-emptive action. Afterall they are the ones threatening pre-emptive action, against a historically peaceful nation (peaceful, in comparison to most western nations at least).

Might teach them to keep their mouth shut in future?

Like you?

My, my this post draws a lot of "Anti-isms" doesn't it?

Then again maybe that's why no one wants to play with me.

Mod Edit: removed margin busting quotes.

[edit on 10/13/08 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Apparently, there are ways to detect radioactive material through lead shielding.

www.wipo.int...

"Embodiments of the present invention relate generally to a method and apparatus for the detection of radioactive material and, more particularly, to a method and apparatus for detecting the presence of shielded and unshielded radioactive material within a container. [0003] There is a growing concern that terrorists or others may at some time in the near future attempt to import into the United States or some other country radioactive or nuclear material which may then be used for the construction of a nuclear weapon for carrying out terrorist objectives.
For example, such nuclear material could be placed within a standard, sealed cargo container of the type typically employed for shipping cargo by sea, rail, air or by truck. The inertia test apparatus provides an indication of the potential presence of shielding within the cargo receptacle. The image data of the cargo receptacle is analyzed when the inertia test apparatus provides an indication of the potential presence of shielding within the cargo receptacle.The purpose of the radiation scanning system 20 is to detect contraband radioactive or nuclear material (fissile material).
The presence of heavy shielding (e.g., "high Z material") the radiation source and the detector can potentially degrade and smear the characteristic spectral lines and thus lessen the usefulness of spectral identification. However, commercially acceptable, legitimately shipped naturally occurring materials, such as potassium, are likely to be uniformly distributed in the cargo containers and not deliberately shielded."

Basically, it can be detected in a shielded container by combining shield, radiation, x-ray and various other clues such as distribution of the radioactive sources.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I found an article which refers to satellite detection of nuclear devices, but the source is questionable. Still, it's very informative:

www.rense.com...

"A series of satellites planned to begin deployment in 1989 (temporarily delayed by the Shuttle explosion) are now aloft (2nd phase of the MILSTAR Program) They carry special sensor devices (Developed by SAIC) that can detect high-velocity spin-off particles from enriched uranium (necessary for nuclear devices). Due to the small size and velocity of these particles, no amount of shielding can block them: not lead, not earth (sub-terrainian). Radiation hazards from these particles are minimal due to limited quantity. Our satellites are fool-proof in detecting and pin-pointing the locations of enriched uranium throughout the world.

The nuclear verification process employed in monitoring Iraq and other nations via NATO and the United Nations uses these satellite joint detection systems (the NSA controls and tracks the data). Many articles concerning these satellites have already been written in specialty magazines (Defense Science and Electronics-for one). Any attempt to bring a nuclear device into our country would be instantly detected (not to mention the track of its mobile transport)."

No mention of dirty bombs, but it does mention that "no amount of shielding can block spin of particles from "enriched uranium".

The article is from 2001, so I imagine we've made some progress in detection of radioactivity since that time

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The likelihood of finding some or all of the 16 containers possibly here in the US, appears to be very good. There are a plethora of mobile detectors, from cell phones to reused parts from telescopes originally designed for gamma ray detection in the galaxy.

Mobile detector
blog.wired.com...

Mobile phone detector
www.pcpro.co.uk...

Space telescope
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
gosh your speculating alot: the US , AUS and many other countries transport nuclear waste for storage - its a dangerous business but the profit potential is very high

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Originally, three ships with 8 shipping containers each of radioactive waste and explosives were sent out from China. That equals 24 designated targets with the likely destination America.

Logic seems to dictate that known terrorist cells already in place would be used. Al Qaeda is suspected of having sleeper cells here ready and waiting for something.

Northeast Intelligence Network had a report on the al Qaeda Arabic internet forums and chat rooms on Sept. 24, 2008.

All of the reports are very informative.In light of the Deyanat we can re-consider this information.

Directives for Islamic Terrorist attacts in U.S. appear on the Internet
www.homelandsecurityus.com...

"Although the author appears to talk about a strike greater in magnitude than the 9/11 attacks and makes reference to the possibility of it being nuclear in nature, the text references to the nuclear aspect of the attack appear somewhat muddled. In terms of the location of the attack, it is clear that the author identifies both New York, as the financial capital of the U.S., and Washington, DC, as the nation’s capital, as being both desirable and affected. It is interesting that under analysis, the details of “the attack” referenced by the author are nestled within the text of instructions, rather than being prominently placed to serve as an overt warning as seen in the past. The relative subtlety in which the targets and type of attack was referenced is most interesting from a historical and analytical perspective.What makes this post particularly interesting is the limited number of replies to date – a total of three- despite the length of time it has been posted. Further, the replies in this case are general blessings, such as “May Allah Bless You” and general wishes of support for the operation. Based on extensive research of historical posting patterns over the last seven years suggest that this posting could be classified, recognized and acted upon as an order, as opposed to being a point for further discussionThe commandments or directives are written as a set of instructions to an audience the author has divided into six groups as follows, most if not all having some presence in the United States:
1. Muslim scholars, students, followers of Islam;
2. Various Islamic movements.
3. Islamic peoples not belonging to any specific movement.
4. “Dubai Islamic Emirate of the Caucasus” the Islamic State of Iraq and other jihadist movements;
5. Sleeper cells and potential recruits;
6. The general command of al Qaeda.
Various directives are issued to each of the groups referenced above, providing direction to each group on activities that need to be conducted before and after “the” attack. For example, members of “sleeper cells” should immediately seek out those who are already activated – known by some Islamic scholars and religious leaders – for further tactical advancement. In addition to the varied instructions within this post, there is an additional directive that appears to serve as a worldwide activation order for Islamic terrorists to carryout maritime missions subsequent to the attack, with the obvious intent on disrupting all major maritime supply routes.Instructions were given to jihadists in the following areas for such operations:
"[T]he Philippines - Indonesia - Maldives - the coast of Yemen - the coast of Somalia - the coast of Chinguetti - and perhaps the coast of Algeria;""The skyline of the Islamic many important straits and sea lanes that have articulated by the march of trade and military forces of infidelity:""The Strait of Malacca between Malaysia and Sumatra, one of the most important corridors of the world trade.""[The] Torres Strait, which lies between New Guinea and northern Australia..."

The fact that this addresses six different groups may be significant. The maritime reference is a revelation. The areas listed bear scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Con't:

Some interesting Things to Consider
www.homelandsecurityus.com...

"We received quite a bit of response recently as we have shared some of the chatter on the al Qaeda Arabic Internet forums . It’s been difficult because many of the typical venues of communication have been shut down by the people that operate these forums and chat rooms .

"Therefore, it is our consensus that the threat window could be anytime from the present and extend into early November. Terrorists might time an attack or attacks to take place close to our November elections, such as we saw in Madrid. It should also be noted that while operations appear to be focused on locations within the U.S., assets of the U.S. located throughout the world and our allies are also targeted. We just saw this with the bombing of the U.S. owned Marriott in Islamabad. Comprehensive analysis indicates that concurrent attacks abroad and in the U.S. cannot be ruled out. It is interesting and quite relevant that certain postings have addressed the likelihood of Arabic language forums being shut down at the time of (or perhaps as a consequence of) such an event. Members of various forums have been asking where they will meet (in terms of a forum location) after Ramadan. Obviously these posters believe something is going to happen and the forums will be taken down or infiltrated by intelligence operatives searching for information.Additional postings on numerous forums are urging attacks to be executed quickly, in order to exacerbate the current economic crisis being experienced within the U.S. The current condition of our economy will act as a force multiplier. Launching attacks at retail chains and malls, for example, as we approach the biggest retail season of the year, will do further damage to our economy. The terrorists are paying attention to our current problems, and are heavily promoting attacking us while we are down.Potential for Civil Unrest

We are currently picking up communications which elude to the possibility of civil unrest in the inner city environments as a prelude to other events. The potential for this type of unrest is actually quite viable as economic conditions have been a reason for civil unrest in the past. A notable aspect has been the focused recruitment drive by Islamic entities here in the US within the inner cities populations. Gangs, State prisoners, locally incarcerated persons in county jail facilities and entire low income neighborhoods have all been targets of very successful Islamic recruitment.

Most of these individuals are inner city residents and have the potential to present quite a problem to law enforcement in these areas. They are highly organized and are very much against the “establishment”. If they were to amass and start civil unrest it could become quite ugly. The concept of these Islamic recruits is much like having a militant Islamic army already in place, armed and dangerous both in weaponry and Islamic militant ideology.

Civil unrest could also serve as a very well paced diversionary tactic for groups like al Qaeida and Hezbollah as law enforcement would be quite busy with the civil disturbances. It would allow Islamic terrorist to focus on both hard and soft targets much easier.

Civil disturbance and unrest is easily and quickly initiated and there is seldom a trail leading back to who actually started the action. All things considered, it would be wise for law enforcement to start putting their feelers out, tap their street resources and listen for any hints of this type activity."

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

this is apparently true; however, the initial source of information to the media was the same guy...he was right vessel #1 was carrying tanks, why are we so sure he is wrong about vessel #2 containing some sort of chem and/or bio hazard

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Could you elaborate? I'm not sure what you're getting at?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
your now just using a breaking news thread to speculate ` 8 containers of radioactive wate and explosives` - totally no evidence at all just a blog - i have requested this be moved off breaking news as quite frankly its stoped being now;

as for my comment - many countries shiped radioactive waste , so why do have you a bone about an Iranian flagged ship doing it?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

You may have a point regarding "breaking news", the mods can decide. I'm comfortable either way.

Actually, I don't have a bone to pick with Iran shipping nuclear waste, per se. It appears the UN may:

www.adnkronos.com...

"The Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL) and its 18 affiliates were included on a list of companies and individuals compiled in Washington two weeks ago for providing logistical support in relation to Iran's nuclear programme."

Any country's ship that was taken by Somali pirates who died or became sick as a result of the cargo, would be noteworthy.

There certainly seems to be a fine line between what is considered by some to be blog and some to be an acceptable form of news. Anything written by MSM is not to be trusted. Anything written on the internet is suspect.

I have placed various souces on this thread to allow people to make up their own mind-hence the listings and quotes with links.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ballast] to add link

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ballast] to correct something I erased by accident on 2nd edit 3rd edit add quotes to quoted material Geesh!

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ballast]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ballast

Chilling thread...thanks, Ballast, for your research. This is reading like a Ludlum story...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

That it is, Johnny, that it is. Puts one in mind of ol'Cussler, too, doesn't it? Thanks for writing, I've actually been meaning to put the lastest update on, but haven't got around to it.

Time I put it up! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballast
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Puts one in mind of ol'Cussler, too, doesn't it?

Actually, you write better than Cussler, but plot-wise, sure!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join