It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iranian Mystery Ship: Death from the Sea

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ill try to get this back on topic. I read or heard a prediction from a psychic lady describing a terrorist? attack on vegas through the use of a ship. Wasn't long ago, but forgot where I found it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Okay, glad you clarified that. Some people in this thread think Fox wrote the story...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Clearly, this ship was NOT heading to Iran. If the "Iranian State" ship wanted to pick up fuel for a reactor all it had to do was transit towards Iran from China. As it was they had to go past the the Gulf of Oman, the turn-off to the Persian Gulf.

Thus in essence they "drove right past it".

[edit on 7-10-2008 by ballast]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JRSB

Attack on Vegas? You mean Las Vegas in the desert? Are you being facetious?:

Go for it! Ship away!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
www.presstv.com...

"Russia's arms-export giant has reportedly denied plans to equip Iran and Syria with the powerful S-300 surface-to-air defense system.

The report by Russia's Interfax news agency came as the Israeli caretaker Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said that he would discuss issues of 'special, immediate concern' including the supply of advanced missiles and weapons technology to Tehran and Damascus during his two-day visit to Moscow. "

Did Russia originally intend to sell Iran more advanced defense systems or did they change their mind? Food for thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
UPDATE!!!
www.tbrnews.org...

There is a new chapter/article on The Iranian Mystery Ship and it's rather extroidinary. Well worth reading in it's entirety. Scroll down for article.

The ship took on a large cargo of radioactive waste in China.

The manifest, now in American hands, is false

Con't

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

And the Isreli port of Haifa. This is a standard and well-used commercial shipping route and stories that the “ever-vigilant Israeli Navy” would at once interdict the ship and take control of it are utter nonsense.
reply to post by ballast

"The Israeli continental limit in the Mediterranean is 12 Nautical miles and the shipping lanes are much further out and if Israeli naval units attacked international shipping lanes, they would be inviting serious problems that not even their friends in Washington could help them with.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ballast

All of these quotes are from this same article. I'm having a little trouble getting the hang of posting/using quotes. Please bear with me.

"The seasonal winds are always from the west during the day, ensuring that if the ship indeed was blown up and its radioactive cargo blasted into the air, the deadly clouds would for a certainty descend upon the coastal cities of Israel. And if there was any material floating on the water, the standard currents would wash it up on Israeli beachers The discovery of the radioactive cargo of the MV Iran Deyanat caused panic in Israel who had been warned that some kind of a terrible attack was being planned against that country..The Iran Deyanant is now guarded by American, Russian, Dutch and British naval units and from a Russian source, we have learned that the current intention is to intern the crew (and interrogate them), board the ship and secure the cargo containers full of radioactive material and move the ship to the U.S. naval base at Diego Garcia.Once the MV Iran Deyanat is secured, it will be searched thoroughly and its cargo removed to what is termed “a secure location,” while the ship will be then towed out into the Indian Ocean and sunk in deep water.

The reason for the wall of silence in the American media is due to concerns that if international terrorist groups learned that a huge shipment of radioactive material, sufficient for the building of hundred of deadly dirty bombs was sitting off the coast of Somalia, attempts might be made to attack and seize it, hence the attempts to both trivialize and ignore the situation.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ballast

Just about what we all surmised, during this thread. I am very glad that there is an international team there. It will hopefully help everyone keep a clear head and a sensible solution will be devised.

For those of you watching for the Oct. 7 webot and such, I'd verture to say that this is likely it.

The situation seems grim, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I know people are just getting home from work back east, please see the updated article just released today, above. Remember to scroll down for when you follow the link.

I'd really like to get some feedback on the new info.

In addition for those of you that pray from any religion, let us pray for a peaceful solution. I plan on praying for all of the Iranian people. Let's remember that the majority of us from every country are helpless individuals at the mercy of our governments.

Most ironic of all it appears that the Somali pirates may have saved millions of lives. Surely this stuff would have contaminated many coastlines, no matter the country or beliefs.

"God" (and I use that as a generic term-for all) works in mysterious ways!

A great comfort to me is the international team including Russia.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
2nd Article update for today consists of background info:

www.manilatimes.net...

"KIEV: The pirate hijacking of a Ukrainian cargo ship loaded with tanks off Somalia has refocused attention on arms-trafficking by the former Soviet republic, one of the world’s 10 biggest arms exporters.The best-known scandal came in 2002 when the United States accused Ukraine of selling advanced military radar systems to Iraq in violation of sanctions against Saddam Hussein’s government. The radar sales to Iraq were never proven but Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko later said his predecessor, Leonid Kuchma, had sold missiles to Iran and China in 2001 under a false contract that listed Russia as the destination."

PRIOR POST TODAY-GLOBAL IMPLICATIONS-FRIGHTENING FOR ALL:

www.tbrnews.org...

The TBR link is to the "big" update for today-for the world. Scroll down to see new chronicle. Page 6 contains this link and quotes from this article.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Update on Ukranian ship with tanks (falls under Oct. 7 catagory) :
www.foxnews.com...
"MOGADISHU, Somalia — A Somali pirate on a hijacked cargo ship transporting tanks reduced the ransom Tuesday to $8 million, but it was unclear if he was speaking officially for the bandits holding the Ukrainian vessel."There are high hopes we will release the ship within hours if they pay us $8 million," Aden told The Associated Press. "The negotiations with the ship owners are going on well."Islamic militants with ties to Al Qaeda have been battling the government and its Ethiopian allies since their combined forces pushed the Islamists from the capital in December 2006. Within weeks of being driven out, the Islamists launched an insurgency that has killed thousands of civilians."
IMPORTANT:

P.S. Please see this post for today's Oct. 7 shocker:
Remember to scroll down to see this chronicle.

www.tbrnews.org...

Page 6 on this thread has this link with excerpts. Well worth reading.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Sounds like another false/black flag operation to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
TEHRAN (AFP) — Pirates released an Iranian ship that had been hijacked off the Somali coast in August, state news agency IRNA reported on Friday.

"The ship Dianat was released on Friday morning after seven weeks of ... negotiations with Somali pirates," the state-owned Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines said in statement carried by the agency.

"All 29 members of the crew are safe and sound and the ship is sailing towards international waters," it said.

The report did not say whether ransom was paid.

The merchant vessel was headed from China to the Netherlands carrying minerals and industrial products when it was hijacked on August 21 along with a German and a Japanese ship off the Gulf of Aden.

The waters off Somalia and Nigeria are the most pirate-infested in the world.
afp.google.com...

[edit on 10-10-2008 by ballast]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ballast

The ship was ransomed by the Iranian Ship Line according to this. It is now headed to international waters. The sanctions on this shipping line allow it to be boarded and searched. What will happen remains to be seen.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Interesting tidbit via "google trends" search:

www.google.com...

Washington, D.C. is has an enormous volume of late.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
www.gmanews.tv...
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's official news agency says pirates have released 29 Iranian seamen and their cargo ship hijacked off Somalia's coast in July.

The report Friday by IRNA quotes the Iranian shippping agency as saying the crew are safe and their vessel is sailing home.

The agency did not say if any ransom was paid for the release of the ship, Iran-Dianat, and the crew. The vessel was carrying mineral and industrial products from China to the Netherlands when it was hijacked in late July.

Pirates have seized more than two dozen ships in the area in 2008.

Earlier this week the UN Security Council called on countries to send naval ships and military aircraft to counter threats by sea bandits operating near the Gulf of Aden. - AP

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
From the Long War Journal:

informationdissemination.blogspot.com...

Friday, October 10, 2008
Mystery "Death Ship" Released From Somalian Pirates
Lets see if anyone is interested enough to investigate the strange rumors we have heard. The MV Iran Dianat (also spelled Deyanat) has been released.

On August 21, the pirates seized the Iranian bulk carrier, carrying 42,500 tons of minerals and industrial products.

"The ship Dianat was released on Friday morning after even weeks of negotiations with Somali pirates and all 29 members of the crew are safe," Said public relations office of the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Line (IRISL).

The ship is sailing towards international waters, IRISL added.
From a public health perspective alone, this ship should be inspected. When major mainstream media like Reuters runs a media report that something hazardous enough is on the ship to kill people upon minor exposure, and the ship has direct ties to the Iran Revolutionary Guard, doing nothing sends the wrong message.

Posted by Galrahn at 10:49 AM

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
www.tbrnews.org...
NEWEST UPDATE:
The Deynant was not the only cargo ship to load containers of radioactive waste at Nanjing; and two others had preceded her July, 2008 visit. The problem is that the captain did not know either the names of the two Iranian -controlled ships nor their destinations.
His destination was the eastern end of the Mediterranean but it now appears that the ship was not intended to be blown up. Instead, the eight cargo containers were to be taken to the Israeli port of Haifa on the Mediterranean. Haifa is the largest of Israel 's three major international seaports , which include the Port of Ashdod , and the Port of Eilat . It has a natural deep water harbor which operates all year long, and serves both passenger and cargo ships. Annually, 22 million tons of goods pass through the port..In 2007, the U.S. DHS’ CBP initiated a joint security agreement with Israel whereby U.S. agents, working with Israel, would develop and install programs to protect the ports from terrorist attacks..
The American view, known to several other countries, is that as both the United States and Israel have been at the forefront of violent verbal attacks against, and threats of violence to, Iran, they are now the prime targets of what, at the worst case scenario, could amount to a commercial delivery of least 16 containers of deadly radioactive material, mixed with high explosives.
One of the largest cargo container ports in America, Long Beach, California, has DHS inspection teams at work on a round the clock basis but because of the huge volume of traffic, only 2% of the cargo containers can be checked thoroughly at any given time. This means that should another Iranian cargo container, sailing under a false flag and with a false manifest, dock at Long Beach and offload her deadly cargo, there is a 98% chance that it could avoid any kind of inspection, be loaded onto waiting trucks and shipped to destinations all over the United States.
It is extremely doubtful if the Bush administration would attack Iran but because they have been in loud support of an even louder and more threatening Israel, our useless President, [fully responsible for the deliberate removal of vital controls over the American banking industry that has caused the boom-and-bust we are now paying for,] has, by his loud but empty threats against Iran, put millions of Americans at potential risk of a terrible death by radiation poisoning.
This explains the stunned silence on the subject of the Deyanat affair and the tight blackout imposed on any news of her or the purpose of her cargo of powdered death.”

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ballast

Could America have 16 containers of radio-active waste rigged with explosives headed to a city near you?

OCTOBER SURPRISE?

Could that explain the why the we have our own soldiers deployed here on American soil? Is that why they are training for a possible nuclear terror attack on our own soil?

I have to say, since reading about the Deyanat and her cargo of radioactive waste. I have wondered what ships with the same cargo we don't know about. Ships that have already passed through, unchallenged.

Since the cargo containers are lead lined, neither x-ray nor satellite would work, would they? If they've already been cleared once, they will just sail through.

Seems like there were other things I have been reading that looked at with hindsight about the containers may be relavent, any ideas?

Guess this is turning into my own blog? Oh, well....I'd rather know that I found this info. and put it out there, than think I'd done nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join