It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iranian Mystery Ship: Death from the Sea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The Iranian Mystery Ship: Death from the Sea

www.tbrnews.org

Although American intelligence and government sources are maintaining a strictly observed silence, the same does not apply to the Russians and so it is that we learn the real story of the MV Iran Deyanat. She was an enormous floating dirty bomb, intended to detonate after exiting the Suez Canal at the eastern end of the Mediterranean and in proximity to the coastal cities of Israel. The entire cargo of radioactive sand, obtained by Iran from China (the latter buys desperately needed oil from the
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-10-2008 by ballast]

[edit on 4-10-2008 by ballast]

Mod Edit: Title fixed to reflect original article
Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've been searching for more information about this ship after the pirates died in such an obvious way. It seemed very odd to me that so many ships from such diverse nations would respond in such a dramatic fashion after it's been going on so long.
This puts a entirely different face on Iran, Russia, China and American relations, even international relations. If this is true, I'd say Iran has caused her allies a good deal of "embarrassment". Doesn't paint ol' Ahmadinijad in a very good light either. Instead of looking and sounding like a villian right out of Cartoonland, he's looking more like Hitler.
The consquences of such a "horror" actually affecting millions is beyond my comprehension. No one on this globe should deserves to die like that.

www.tbrnews.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

====
Mod Edit: Title fixed to reflect original article

[edit on 5/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Is anyone out there? I find this to be extremely alarming. In fact, it makes me wonder what other ships may be sailing with such a cargo. The timing with all of the Oct. 7 predictions is rather surprising, at least to me. I'm generally not one to go in for all of this alarmist crap. This time with the financial failure of the U.S. and completely illegal actions of our so called "gov. of the people" trashing our constitution. I'm not only paying attention, but preparing. My family and I are confirmed, practicing "grasshoppers", not ants; so that's saying something. God bless all Americans, let's all pray together, whatever your religion.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This has been in the news for several days. Why hasn't the ship been boarded and searched? Certainly the Somali pirates are no match for any nation's military.

But the theory that this was a dirty bomb aimed at Israel is very intriguing and troublesome. What has Israel said about this?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Motive, people, motive.

Israel is known to have dozens, if not hundreds, of nukes. They are well known for the "Sampson Option". Should Iran detonate even a dirty bomb, it would most assuredly mean the end of their civilization.

Exactly what motive do they have to do such a thing? Remember, with a dirty bomb, NO ONE can occupy the land.

Iran in 1952 was PRO WEST, and a first world country. Please look up WHY they turned "anti-west". It may surprise you. Here's a hint: It all started with the Shah.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My understanding is it's a Russian cargo ship with a whole bunch of Russian military stuff on it and apparently our ships are the closest so we have them surrounded and the Russians on on their way and the Somali Gov't such as it is has given us the oky doky to shoot the hell out of them (the Pirates not the Russians) if we need(want) to

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Very good point about making the land uninhabitable.
Also, the recent history of Iran is well know, and the mistake acknowledged.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's been news, but not with the updated Russian rumour. Plus, if one looks at a map of the middle east, the route is very ominous. One of the strangest things about it is the silence. Not another update, until this one.

Israel has been very vocal of late about cutting off the strait. Seems obvious, now.

Another rather disturbing change is that since Iran began denying their ransom, Ahmadinijad has been keeping a very tight lid on his Israel "disappearing" outbursts.

It appears to me that instead of the Ukranian shipment being the center of all of the attention, it's the Iranian ship that is the real target. There are some very good "intelligence" sites out there, yet not one has been listing info on the ship.

The entire incident seems far more alarming than the first 3 articles.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I agree the motivation bothers me, too. I'm glad to hear someone mention the old Iran. I have some old books that are quite nostalgic now. That said, there are fanatic islamic fundamentalist out there and they think nothing of blowing their own countrymen, even children to bits or worse. Worst of all is the violence of every kind, right or wrong, passing over the world like a global storm.

All we can do is hope that this will not be a catalyst, but a "wake up call" and sober all of us up......IF it's accurate.

It seems, sometimes as if the end is no where in sight.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

There is two ships, one is a Ukranian vessel with tanks, ammunition parts and other weapons. One is an Iranian vessel with a mysterious cargo, a cargo that killed 16 somali pirates that died with blisters and hair loss within two weeks after opening one of the bins.

The bins were packed with packets of powdery white sand. The article is at the link. You have to scroll down to read it. Some of the info is the same as the first several articles, but there is updates.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ballast

ah so it's one incident not two separate ,I get it

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This has got to be a level one NATO emergency. For the life of me I don't understand why they haven't either blown it out of the water or mass boarded it.

They are holding an ace card. My guess is that they have already offloaded a sizeable amount.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

My understanding is that the Iranian ship is at a dock in a sleepy little fishing village. The very last thing they should do is blow it out of the water. It's a bomb, a dirty nuclear bomb.

I don't know what they will end up doing, but they will have to get it out to sea, far away from anywhere. Disposing of radioactive sand requires proper handling and storage, I would think.

I'm not at all sure they could even scuttle and sink it. Anyone know about this?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
or its a ship carrying cehmicals for reprocessing , or it was giant condoms filled with coke or in fact no one really knows

except teh PIRATE leader who might well have killed his own men then tried to blame *insert random country* as they have done in the past.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Fox also reported the same thing, story confirmed unless you dont believe faux lol

I dont at times.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This whole story has been confirmed by the most senior merchant captain in the U.S. and that he got it from the Siemens aid workers in Somalia. I think that they want someone to sail this thing out to sea where they can just sink it. They don't know if it is rigged to blow somehow and sending Seals into that kind of situation is not a good option yet.

If they wanted to take it they could but if someone has a remote detonator then it could get ugly.

One would think that if this were true that Israeli commandos would have taken it by now.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Now then, what's missing here?........ Oh Yes!, that's it, a complete lack of any evidence other than innuendo, rumour and completely unsubstantiated reports from anonymous sources. Must be true then!

Seriously, what a complete and utter load of nonsense. How in the hell would an Iranian ship get anywhere near the Israeli ports / coast without being blown out of the water far offshore? Then you have to consider the wind conditions being just right to blow the irradiated matter towards the right part of the Israeli shoreline, not a Palestinian part.

The whole idea is just so harebrained and full of holes it's funny. It'd be easier to pack a ship with HE and scrap metal and detonate it in port. at least then it'd have some effect, whereas this dirty bomb idea would be unlikely to succeed.
Even IF the ship made it into an Israeli port and detonated, the likely spread of radioactive material would be so thinly spread it'd probably be less harmful than a series of dental XRays.

Then there's the fact that Israel, probably with US help, would launch a nuclear strike against Iran and wipe out tens, if not hundreds of thousands in retaliation.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Where has it been reported that this ship was near Israeli ports? I'm reading it's docked at a Somali port. Intelligence may have reports that from Somalia they were cutting up to Israel? However, I think that is a complete ploy by the western media. If there was intel that it was REALLY headed to Israel . . . there would be mention of it in the Israel press. You are all free to search . . . NOTHING! No mention, anywhere, in Israeli news services about this or any dirty bomb/Iranian tanker/Somali radiation deaths . . . nothing.

I've got relatives in the Israeli armed forces and from previous talks with them and how news gets disseminated . . . there would be mention in, at least, Haaretz. All the news about Iran is the French asking Israel to talk to Iran . . . same as over here.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I can't remember the thread, but I do recall reading the news that Somali pirates had died with 'nuclear-type injuries' had been debunked, and people where fired over it.

Believe what you want to offcourse.. if you love living in fear, knock yourself out.. but I urge you to delve into the matter at greater lenght and not just basing your world view based on one snippet of news?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I do not know what really happened there but i see no reason for Iranians to do this. Not only Israel will be damaged - also Egypt, Jordan,Saudi Arabia,Palestinian autonomy. The water passage is near all of those countries. Iran of course has tense relationships with almost all of those countries but this is a little too much. And to do it from Iranian ship.... I do not think that Iranian planners are stupid/ inadequate.
Even if Ahmadinejad wants this war to start for religious reasons, it is much better for him that it will be started with Israeli strike. Not Iranian terror attack. He got Hizbollah to do this kind of job anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join