Women genetically less intelligent than Men?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Littlemiss

Originally posted by johnmajor
i dont mean to be sexist or anything...

the facts speak for themselves, on the whole women are completetly inferior to men on every level apart from maybe emotionally. They can argue until the cows come home but men have evolved to do the thinking and the earning.

Einstein, shakespear, newton, da vinci, galilei, fischer, pascal, list goes on! not many females make the grade.

I would check out your Greek, Roman, Medieval and Elizabethean literature. Most of what you see that is written by "anonymous" was written by women. As a History/English major I ran into this a lot. You may also be interested in the fact that many recent male scholars believe that Homer was actually a woman. By the way along with Pascal you may want to include the name Currie. If it weren't for her there wouldn't be too many medical advances, now would there?

Um, thanks to JustMike for pointing out that I spelled Curie wrong! Maybe I'm not so bright...LOL!

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Littlemiss]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

the facts speak for themselves, on the whole women are completetly inferior to men on every level apart from maybe emotionally. They can argue until the cows come home but men have evolved to do the thinking and the earning.

Einstein, shakespear, newton, da vinci, galilei, fischer, pascal, list goes on! not many females make the grade.

Sigh - facts NEVER speak for themselves. We have to interpret them. Until you understand the difference between facts and truth you should probably just sit and read and hopefully learn something.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

seriously though women have evolved to have the brain power to measure the correct amount of washing powder needed in a washing machine, paint there faces and make a loaf of bread. if us men were not here they would not have a clue what to do.

So does that mean that men have evolved to scratch themselves, fart, and talk about football?

You really are just trying to pick a fight aren't you?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Littlemiss
Um, thanks to JustMike for pointing out that I spelled Curie wrong! Maybe I'm not so bright...LOL!
[edit on 9-10-2008 by Littlemiss]

Hey, there's nothing wrong with your brightness! It was just a typo, after all
And you made some excellent points -- which is why I starred your post.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
oh boy...

I'm really nervous on the making of this topic actually. And a bit hesitant. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if half way though i may just decide to not make it.

First off! I would like to clearly state that I, in no way, believe this to be true. However! To me, possibly because i don't know that much about genetics in the first place, this is somewhat feasible.

Secondly! I am really sorry if this offends anyone, and I am not here to debate on whether or not guys are smarter then girls in a childish manner. so please, read respectively

And thirdly!!! I completely agree that all women deserve the same treatment, if not better, than men. Along with many women being way more intelligent then many men.

This is a question from the ignorant (aka me). Because of the past hundreds upon hundreds of years of neglect and abuse of women, forcing them into a state in which not to think freely, and a position in which they were (and sometimes still are) unable to attend schooling. Would this genetically make women less intelligent than men?

Best answer so far (Thanks mystiq)
www.dawn.com...

[edit on 4/10/08 by Ghost147]

[edit on 4/10/08 by Ghost147]

Crucify me if you will, I'm not really bothered.

Men are more logically intelligent than women, if we're talking about a smart man vs a smart woman. There isn't any real comparison there to be honest, men are simply more analytical and logical than woman.

If we're talking about emotional intelligence then we're pretty much left in the dust, woman are emotional geniuses when compared to men. We simply cant compete on this level.

bottom line ? - woman should listen to men's rationale and logic but men should always trust the womans intuition and instincts.

Understand this and you wont have any problems in life, ultimately these are one brain that have been divided into two, they really need to work together and not antagonize each other because neither is better without the other.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by mortalengine]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengineMen are more logically intelligent than women, if we're talking about a smart man vs a smart woman. There isn't any real comparison there to be honest, men are simply more analytical and logical than woman.

If men and women with the same IQ are compared to each other, yes I would agree that MOST of the time the men will be more logical. However many posters in this thread are saying "well there aren't any female Einsteins therefore men are smarter than women" which is utterly ridiculous.

There are a heck of a lot of stupid men in the world. Those that believe they are smarter than most women because the share the same XX chromosones as Einstein are living proof of that.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by total_slacker

Sigh - facts NEVER speak for themselves. We have to interpret them. Until you understand the difference between facts and truth you should probably just sit and read and hopefully learn something.

The fact is that there have been plenty, you never hear of them.

There was a female on the Watson and Crick team. But since scientists didn't give the Nobel to women, she was disqualified, though she contributed equally.

History is written for men by men. Women have contributed significantly

There have been women who have run the white house while their husbands were incapicitated, and the public didn't know. And some of it ended up being the most popular times among the population.

There is a wonderful book called:America's Women: Four Hundred Years of Dolls, Drudges, Helpmates, and Heroines

And some of the things they have done are amazing.

So is it oppression? or do men work only for status and notiriety while women actually do it for the greater good?

So is our only fault not tooting our own horn?

So there certianly could of been a female Einstein, but since women were not honored by the scientific community, because of pre-conceived notions such as this, they were not honored.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

When I was doing research for this thread, I read that overall IQ's were very similar, but women did better in learning situations or taking courses overall. But due to the enriched neurons that folded back into the spacial center in men, rather than interconnecting the two sides of the brain, as in women, men had 5 times more likelihood to be geniuses at say 150 IQ than women. But that when a women had the 150 IQ, she outperformed her male counterparts due to, not only having the logic and extra mathematical abilities, but also the extra neurons which made her overall thinking, deeper, and more fluid. This is perhaps why nature allows men the greater amount, because it wouldn't be fair since women tend to equalize things overall.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's cultural perception.

If we all posted with gender-neutral names (say, "Person A" or "24775"), then I can guarantee you would not find much difference between logical abilities and reasoning abilities and intelligence of men and women -- or between any two cultural groups.

We do bias things, thinking that people who write like I do are "male-gendered". In real life I use a gender-neutral name when I write professionally and have on a number of occasions had authors buy submissions because they thought I was a male scholar (instead of female.) It's well known that if you submit the same article with a female name, that your sales chance is lower.

If you think women are less intelligent, just go back and review some of the debates here after determining accurately who is which gender. I think that will convince you -- some of our best formal (and very formidible) debaters on ATS are the women.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's cultural perception.

If we all posted with gender-neutral names (say, "Person A" or "24775"), then I can guarantee you would not find much difference between logical abilities and reasoning abilities and intelligence of men and women -- or between any two cultural groups.

We do bias things, thinking that people who write like I do are "male-gendered". In real life I use a gender-neutral name when I write professionally and have on a number of occasions had authors buy submissions because they thought I was a male scholar (instead of female.) It's well known that if you submit the same article with a female name, that your sales chance is lower.

If you think women are less intelligent, just go back and review some of the debates here after determining accurately who is which gender. I think that will convince you -- some of our best formal (and very formidible) debaters on ATS are the women.

I completely agree

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I bet she still couldn't park her car in the faculty parking lot, though!

That was a joke, before anyone leaps on me screaming 'misogynist'.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The car thing is a low blow. Along with all the Mario games my kids had me help them with.
And the impossible spacial leaps on moving objects. They liked me to play with them, but it was to a chorus of "You Suck!" When I was doing it for a while though, until I was too bored to be dragged there, my parking improved! So mind over matter seems to apply to some degree as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

You seem to think women are not inclined to war and dispute. I know women to be more vicious and mean than any man and one must not look far to notice this.

Furthermore, women seem to consistantly turn towards child related subjects when trying to make a point, as if this was what makes them superior to men. It would be wise to notice how all animals nurture their young and that does not, in itself, constitute intelligence because it would then be accurate to claim a cows intelligence matches that of a gorilla. Invention, cultural achievements and medicine are far better gauges of intelligence.

Women throughout history have fallen behind in these aspects because of various oppressive reasons and the lack of opportunity. Nevertheless, Women are in no way idiotic or unintelligent, both sexes were created with specific roles. One cannot hope to live without the other and we should celebrate our differences, not debate on them.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've done alot of very thorough and nearly daily research on this topic for the last five years. I can honestly say that it is quite the other way around. Women are far more intelligent than men. This is extremely consistent. Men are highly prone to reaction rather than willful or intentional behavior. They very rarely exhibit intelligent behaviors and instead are more primal or base driven with societal conditioning merely clouding this. Of course there are exceptions but sadly, these are very few.

In fact, while suppression and abuse has certainly caused and still cause a unimaginable hardships for women their overall intelligence has apparently benefited.
All men observed, which ranges well into the hundreds at this point, have shown high tendencies in all fields relating to aggression and violence. Notable to this, men exhibit very little care toward empathy nor care capacity. As such the consequences of their actions bare little weight to them. If it wasn't for a generally more positively inclined crowd among those involved in the studies' views, I think the conclusion would have been more frankly; men just fail miserably when it comes to being intelligent.

Women on the other hand seem to have learned - perhaps to some degree too incorporated - it into their physicality that being alive is not itself supportive of life. Nor is life also not supportive of itself. Their passivity seems to be a direct response to survival which they uphold from pragmatism more than any instinctual drive.
In general, this passivity also aids in producing less psychological tension with relation to emotions. Indeed, women seem to have a far greater ability to sense nuances of emotions than do men. It has been repeatedly witnessed that emotions have a very great deal to do with intelligence as well as the capacity to comprehend. If you are a male reader, no that does not mean they are hypersensitive than you. It does however mean they preserve more.
What is really very important is that women's bodies are more designed within the way in which humanity in general perceives and functions regardless of gender. Ultimately, it does seem as though the male is generally more designed as a kind of ego grounded grunt with the female possessing all of the higher brain power.
This would be consistent too with the way in which humans have developed physically. Both genders are absent of most of the traits more common of other mammals. They lack all but a sprinkling of hair. They are extremely susceptible to all climates beyond the tropics. And, the body spends most of its energy on the brain first. With male being far stronger physically than the female, nature seems to have compensated well.
Keep in mind also, when the dominant thing in your universe will do all sorts of imaginable and unimaginable atrocities, the least of which is killing you, the appearance of stupidity serves often better to prolonging life than does that which may stimulate the beast into its rages.
Women are vastly more intelligent, productive, and healthy than men.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Old_One]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediK
reply to post by prototism

Well, that's Calculus, right? Everybody takes that.

What about...

Vector Calculus
Differential Equations
Calculus II

Nope. Women are filtered out way before then. In engineering, they're usually filtered out by the second year.

The majority of them do NOT have what it takes. There's your answer.
No dude. Just no. I was speaking generally, but surprise surprise, you failed to recognize that.

So, when you bring up your upper level math courses, you are no longer speaking generally. You are getting specific, and getting into the realm of percentage (not to mention conceit). That is, a certain percentage of the general population make it that far. Oh, theres that general word again, how bout that.

So let me try this again, but you need to read slower this time. Try saying each word out loud.

Women

in GENERAL (key word)

are

smarter

than

men.

[edit on 11/12/2008 by prototism]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

what you say makes no sense because of it's contradictions. to not be able to think rationaly and with reason means to lack inteligence. If you say that women are inteligent but don't use reason makes no sense. the ability to reason means inteligence.

why is it that emotions are associated with women. aggression is an emotion. and whose to say that empathy is not extreme reasoning. to be able to feel what another is feeling without being them. that's inteligence.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism

Originally posted by JediK
reply to post by prototism

Well, that's Calculus, right? Everybody takes that.

What about...

Vector Calculus
Differential Equations
Calculus II

Nope. Women are filtered out way before then. In engineering, they're usually filtered out by the second year.

The majority of them do NOT have what it takes. There's your answer.
No dude. Just no. I was speaking generally, but surprise surprise, you failed to recognize that.

So, when you bring up your upper level math courses, you are no longer speaking generally. You are getting specific, and getting into the realm of percentage (not to mention conceit). That is, a certain percentage of the general population make it that far. Oh, theres that general word again, how bout that.

So let me try this again, but you need to read slower this time. Try saying each word out loud.

Women

in GENERAL (key word)

are

smarter

than

men.

[edit on 11/12/2008 by prototism]

All humans are capable of equal learning,
Only through disability or defect is this hampered,

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Old_One, your post was most eloquent. I could tell you long-researched this subject. A lot of times I feignd dullness and yeilding, to avoid a(mostly) (proverbial) clobbering. It always worked. One time, I was locked into a small space in a workplace alone, with a male co-worker, who suddenly went 'postal', and was pacing back and forth, with unblinking eyes, threatanning my life. I kept looking down, pretending I was unnaware of my danger, but minus flippancy, just waiting for my chance to get the hell outa there unscathed. Which I did.
I have seen people here, say that genetics more than upbringing, plays a role in intelligence. I agree with that.
But upbringing, none-the-less, DOES play a role. If it is conditions of poverty. I went and found a couple of links that I'd like everyone to look at. This particular study is more focused on the controversial matter of race --- not gender; in poverty versus I.Q. However, even so, poverty lowered children's I.Q.s by 15 points. See www.monitor.net...
And I will attest to you first hand, that poverty is h o r r e n d o u s l y STRESSFULL. Therefore, see this link on what stress does to I.Q. It makes childrens' iqs 13% lower. At ...
query.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yes but there is a difference between level of intelligence and level of knowledge,

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hi. Some really smart folks 'round here. Could someone pls. help me over smth.?

I need, I crave to know what is the area of overlap between two random triangles as a function of their tips.

Let me rephrase. What is the area of the surface contained within both triangles, knowing the x and y coordinates of their tips, the vertices?

Please, a single equation. No algorithm, no computing of intersection between edges or other lines or line segments. No possibility of division by 0. No decisional blocks. Welcome to use absolute() as in |-7| = 7 to emulate such, though.

Alternatively, why it can't be done.

2D geometry, of course. Triangles are coplanar.

Thanks, would really mean a lot.

new topics
top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join