Women genetically less intelligent than Men?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Sometimes being a woman is hard because deep down I know men think we are all idiots and to be dominated. This makes me sad it's kind of like racism.

Anyway, women are smart as heck, but so many years of conditioning has made us appear to be weak and stupid. This topic is great because it does need to be discussed. I can handel that maybe women are not that smart.
But I do know that women get a deeper understanding about life. Men have to do things like Fasting or be at the brink of life and death in order to experience the beautiful and spiritual side of life.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

I don't think anyone can seriously make the argument that women are inferior. In fact quite the opposite I think males and females compliment each other well. My wife always lets me know when im wrong just kidding.

Seriously if there were no woman on the planet and just allot of testosterone are species would have died off long ago. Males look at the world different and we need that female point of view to make us realize when were being stupid. Males and females might be better at certain things but in the end it makes a good partnership.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

as usual i find myself agreeing with JAM.

Originally posted by johnmajor
i dont mean to be sexist or anything...

the facts speak for themselves, on the whole women are completetly inferior to men on every level apart from maybe emotionally. They can argue until the cows come home but men have evolved to do the thinking and the earning.

Einstein, shakespear, newton, da vinci, galilei, fischer, pascal, list goes on! not many females make the grade.

you forgot that women are more flexible, are able to see the color spectrum with greater clarity, and are also more empathic than men . . . i'm sure there are more things i'm forgetting.

There are drastic differences between the sexes, but to say that men are better on almost every level? Granted, men top women in most physical and psychological tests, but there are other factors to consider; but i'm way too lazy to list them!

It is hardly proof that women are mentally inferior, simply because there few, if any, women of historical significance in regards to mental abilities. One must consider that women were not even allowed to take the class back then . . .

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Why are men genticaclly less able to operate electrical domestic items ie; washing machines but able to go into space and invent things to kill everyone ? It's harder to do the weekly sock and undie wash than it is to wipe out a whole city?I think we should be told!Best way to wind up your man-hide the remote control for the TV...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

Intelligence is not Genetically gender specific...

I have seen some reeeeal dumb ass men in my time & ssome extremely bright & talented women.

If Genetics has got anything to do with intelligence, then it is a racial thing not a gender thing...

Oh Boy... "flintches in readyness for the lashback on that one"...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
If Genetics has got anything to do with intelligence, then it is a racial thing not a gender thing...

Sex and race are both genetic. Why would only one be pertinent?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This thread has reminded me how much I dislike generalizations

I really dislike the stereotypical idea that women are not logical, they are only emotional, and the vice versa for men. Bah! It's silly to think someone makes any decision without using both logic and emotion!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Oh Boy... "flintches in readyness for the lashback on that one"...

Lord knows that’s the truth! But we can save that for another thread. : )

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I really dislike the stereotypical idea that women are not logical, they are only emotional, and the vice versa for men. Bah! It's silly to think someone makes any decision without using both logic and emotion!

I don’t think that women are less logical in the everyday sense when compared to average males. I think that because women are more consistently in touch with our emotions, and our style of speech and mannerisms often reflect that, especially when we are fired up, some perceive that as being “more emotional than logical”.

It also has to do with the differences in male and female brains. Men often jump from left brain to right bright, I have read that if a guy is focusing on problem that requires spacial reasoning and he is asked “so how do you feel right now?” he may actually have to take several seconds to tap into the right side of his brain and formulate “how he feels” because he was literally cut off from those thoughts/feelings when he was concentrating.

Whereas women are always thinking with both sides, and we are more likely to add emotional emphasis to our conversations and the tone of our voices, and that will be reflected even when discussing “logical” subjects.

There is probably also gender bias involved, if men are accustomed to only thinking logically OR emotionally, when they hear a woman speak in a way that combines the two they automatically just hear the "emotional" part and disregard the logic because in the male mind the two do not really co-exist and are not formulated at the same time. He hears emotion and he thinks "she can't be thinking about both, so she must not be using logic" because that is how HIS brain works.

On a personal note I had to deal with this very issue last week. I had to bring up a "sensitive" topic to the president of our company. The subject matter has caused a lot of frustration for me, and I knew that if I let the emotion show the president might disregard my message as not being based in "logic". I got lucky, caught him on his cell phone and the background noise made the conversation brief and succinct, that protected me from sounding too emotional or talking to much. : )

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I refrained from posting in this thread because I knew that those who would not understand the issue would either band around accusations of sexism, or would actually be chauvinistic.

This post : www.abovetopsecret.com... by Sonya answers this issue convincingly and conclusively in my opinion. Men are indeed diamonds or dirt in intellectual terms. The reason behind this is that the wide range enables competition between the most able and the least. The vanguard of human evolution is therefore extended by the very best and brightest of the generation. Sadly of course, this is no longer the case in some areas. It is the brutish and thuggish who propagate and outnumber the bright. As whimsical as it may seem, the movie "Idiocracy" aptly summarises the link between genetics, inheritance and intelligence.

Intelligence is undeniably the result of genetics; the phenotypes of which are gender, race etc. Therefore while it is possible to correlate intelligence to any of these phenotypes, it is wisest to conclude that intelligence is inextricably linked to genetics.

If you want a smart child, pick a smart woman.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
Sometimes being a woman is hard because deep down I know men think we are all idiots and to be dominated. This makes me sad it's kind of like racism.

Anyway, women are smart as heck, but so many years of conditioning has made us appear to be weak and stupid. This topic is great because it does need to be discussed. I can handel that maybe women are not that smart.
But I do know that women get a deeper understanding about life. Men have to do things like Fasting or be at the brink of life and death in order to experience the beautiful and spiritual side of life.

Teeky I understand your point of view,
but you just sounded like a hypocrite, you complained about men generalising their view on women, then you go ahead and say men are all bad at having a deep understanding and women are better. Which I totally disagee with anyway.

Not trying to be annoying
, I would just like to point out that BOTH sexes generalise the other sex.

Have you realised that men also experience this "kind of like racism" thing your trying to say, over the years men in media(movies, tv shows, commercials) have been potrayed as REALLY dumb, REALLY stupid, over manly, weak minded, sitting on the couch too much, overweight, lazy etc. While the women are beautiful, healthy, clever, powerful, in control etc. A lot of women in media are far superiour and above all men. There is also the opposite I'm sure, but you see my point.

This also helps makes women assume all men are dumb, non emotional, lazy beings, when in fact most are not.

Oh yeah one more thing, lately, some women are obbsessed about this equality thing, that they become too much like an exaggerated manly man. They forget that being feminime can be one of their superiour traits haha. Instead they become, power obsessed, arrogant, like a man on steroids, etc also because they are women they can get away with SO much more. Women and men alike don't like these types much haha.

I'm sure many of you have come accross this new generation of power obsessed, annoying, manly women.

Equality is great, but acting too manly does not make you equal, we naturally have differences and that's the point of male and female.

Don't get me wrong, I actually love strong, powerful, intelligent BUT feminine, being a bit of a tom boy doesn't put me off either. But what I'm talking about with manly women is "over the limit, more manly, aggressive than even most men," if you get me.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss

Why are men genticaclly less able to operate electrical domestic items ie; washing machines but able to go into space and invent things to kill everyone ? It's harder to do the weekly sock and undie wash than it is to wipe out a whole city?I think we should be told!Best way to wind up your man-hide the remote control for the TV...

I think that's because of how much practise they have, you know the saying practice makes perfect, well some men don't practice doing those things much haha.

Also that affects how we don't see many women coming at top in science, inventions etc etc, the simple fact is a lot of women don't practice it a lot, because a lot of women have less interest in those things. (according to what I see)

So because some women are less interested in things electrical, mechanical, science etc, it really effects how many women we see invnting new things, finding new science etc

Practice makes perfect, and it's all up to what you practice.

Which comes back to how men and women are different, all these differences are perfectly done, there are positives to both sexes, and I think we should all learn to appreciate it all! Who cares whos better at maths, whos better at dancing etc We are all unique, that's the fun part of life.

Like I said before, no sex is superiour to each other, it's only you making that choice, without your judgment, there is no superiour sex.

Also the subject of what your comparing men and women with is also important. for example:

If we choose superiority by amount of population, then I would guess women are more superiour because there is probably "slightly" more women than men in the world haha, which is good considering that more men are born than women. ( men are always off killing and dying while the women are surviving at a better rate)

Anyway I've written more than I wanted now, I'm starting to feel confused, haha, let's just all appreciate each other, we are all unique for a reason.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Men are indeed diamonds or dirt in intellectual terms.

I do think testosterone plays a role too. I am always amazed to see males with an average or below average intellect display extreme confidence when talking about things they obviously know virtually nothing about! In addition I do believe they THINK they do know what they are talking about, and their confidence manages to convince other people as well (at least for a while).

I frequently analyze people and judge how bright or knowledgeable they are in comparison to myself (especially in business situations) and it amazes me to see that other individuals always seem to believe they are equal or better than most others when they are obviously not even in the same league. In fact in business I usually work on the assumption that other people know more than I do in most matters (I am in sales so my knowledge is general, not overly specific in any regard) until proven otherwise, whereas many men seem to start off assuming they are intellectually superior and they continue to believe despite all evidence to the contrary.

Perhaps women can be guilty of that as well, but it seems to be a lot more common among men.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JediK

I got that from Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. It's a great book, but I wonder about what he says.

Women are form Earth,Men are from Earth;we just haven't got used to that fact yet.

As i said in a previous post,how we deal with things comes from the society around us.Men are still told that showing too much emotions is a bad thing,so they react differently than women.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Uh yeah more men do that in my experience too. Some are so obvious, and make up SO much crap as they go along, it's actually REALLY funny sometimes.

There are some that say something that's obviously wrong, and if someone disagrees with them, they would never back down haha, they would actually take it as an attack or challenge, as if they have to WIN this by not accepting they were wrong.

I think your right that testosterone plays a part in this behaviour, this is why you see a lot more women accepting they are wrong, because they are not in the "challenge" "have to win" state of mind.

This is probably why women are suprised when a man says, "your right" lol

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Testosterone definitely plays a role, the insane desire to DO something regardless of mental facts being available

I also don't think men are so much lass emotionally intelligent as we have to learn to control out emotions. Emotions + Testosterone = scary man very often. I see children, boys haveing and showing lots of emotions but the aggression that comes out during the experience is forced under control by a very young age.

A man that doesn't learn to control his emotions by a certain age will end up in jail, even if he never uses physical violence, a man sobbing and being verbally out of control will lead to a police cll very often even if no one was threatened in any real way

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

A man that doesn't learn to control his emotions by a certain age will end up in jail, even if he never uses physical violence, a man sobbing and being verbally out of control will lead to a police cll very often even if no one was threatened in any real way

Yes I agree about the emotions part, men control the appearance of their emotions more than women for many reasons, because of this a lot of women assume men are less emotional, I would totally disagree with that, infact it's "possible" men are more emotional. Who are all the people in the past who have done some VERY emotional things? A lot are men.

Women assume men are not that emotional, because men naturally have learnt to control their emotions I would guess probably for survival and other reasons, while women have not had to control it as much, because sometimes it actually benefits them more than men to appear emotional.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

More than one person in my life has used deciet and trickery and down right lies in order to get the best of me. A stupid person will tend to think they have "out smarted" you when they stab you in the back.

I find sometimes intelligence isn't ,much different then being a tough guy, people look to knock you off your pedastil and will stoop real low with you as a target simply to prove to theselves they are smarter... and believe it no matter how stupid they are. Business is a great place to witness this.

So much is based in the school system around everyone being treated the same... But I have found Intelligence is odd, people as you say will believe against all better judgement they are smarter than they really are, an Ego thing I assume

An old mentor of mine had a theory of business

"All coroporations and governements eventually fail because people rise to thier level of incompetence"

In essence you will always be promoted until such a point as you can no longer handle the job, at that point incopetent people then dig in and hold back anyone attempting to rise above them, in this manner at the top of any pyramid, govt or private you endup perpetually with the least qualified people at the top

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Uh yeah more men do that in my experience too. Some are so obvious, and make up SO much crap as they go along, it's actually REALLY funny sometimes.

Yeah, its hormones and ego. BTW..love your new avatar. Didn't recognize you at first!

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
I also don't think men are so much lass emotionally intelligent as we have to learn to control out emotions. Emotions + Testosterone = scary man very often.

I think that is part of the reason. On the other hand I do believe that women live in a slightly different world where emotion is always humming, whereas the male brain segments thoughts in a different way.

Back to rambling…I do believe it probably takes a certain amount of intelligence to realize when others are intellectually superior. I guess it might make sense that people at the lower end of the iq scale probably are not capable of noticing when other individuals process information a lot faster, or make connections that are beyond what they themselves would make. They do not really see it, or if they do it takes them a lot longer to process the information and REALIZE that the other person is a lot brighter.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

That's entirely ture it very rarely except in well crafted moments aids my life to show my emotions.

If I Cry in a situation, lol no one wants to rescue me... words like pathetic and other more derogatory fem slurs would be hurled my way.

Ever see a guy run out of money and come home and explain to his wife hoe much the los of his job "hurt" him and how sad and altered his self esteem is?

Most women would pack a bag and go right to moms house...

Women say they want us to show more emotion but how do you get used to the habit when in any real crisis your expected to "buck up?"

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

That goes back to that expression "the only way to learn is to admit you know nothing"

There is something very real about Intelligence in general in those statements

Part of being Intelligent is that... insaitable desire to learn, I never wanted to figure it out always by myself ...from the earliest age, liked it when I could...

But this is why I was saying earlier in the thread I think when it comes to the gifted there is little difference (aside maybe from how you process) between men and women... because there is a fundamental truth in what your saying

Like "men won't ask for directions" common saying among the average of intellect... I never had that problem, I always turned to books or people as a source of knowledge... where many people even as kids want it to be all thier own perception and resent being "forced to learn"

Along with the IQ always was... for me at least, no fear of asking for help, never a question iof ego in looking for answers, an absolute desire to seek knowledge... or me almost like another drive... like hunger or sex or going to the loo..

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join