It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women genetically less intelligent than Men?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
wait, who were you trying to prove that point to? it seems a the very least, extremely random.

[edit on 5/10/08 by Ghost147]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JediK

I didn't buck and fight. I just told the truth.

But, I didn't broadcast that truth through the first 11 pages of this thread. I only did so because you threw out the engineer deal.

But, a lot of women do get defensive.....I don't, not about things like this, but in intelligent discussions, it is more productive to be rational than emotional.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrhenn32
reply to post by skeptic1

I'm glad I didn't offend you. I was hoping I didn't make you too angry because my beliefs do carry some heavy weight. I wish it wasn't so that women have to feel that way and adventure out of the house and into the work force. I know that it is now impossible to make it on one income but that is one of the consequences that was bared down on our society because we allowed it. Sometimes I don't understand why the woman wouldn't want to be home with their adorable little creations. Broading a woman's horizons is what I believe to be selfish in their part for puting it in front of their children. My point of view again is that we will keep spiraling out of control as more and more family breakups and fatherless, motherless kids with new parents sprout out more and more until it becomes the norm. Already it pretty much is.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by chrhenn32]

It's selfish for the mothers to have careers, but not the fathers?

Please use your time machine and return to your own time, the 21st century doesn't need your archaic ideas. Women generally care for their offspring, regardless of careers, or not.. It's rare you hear of a deadbeat mom, more often you hear about deadbeat dads.. Childcare should be a shared responsibility, just as child-making is.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Inannamute]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JediK

And that proves my whole point. The best way to piss women off is to tell them they can't do something because they're a woman. They will buck back and fight...every single time.

Thats human nature,not just 'woman's nature.'
Example;if,here in Merry England,a Londoner told a Mancunian they couldn't do something because they're a northerner,then tempers will rise.

And i'm not pissed off,i was just wondering at your logic.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
It's selfish for the mothers to have careers, but not the fathers?

Well first off I do not have kids (I am not all that fond of children).

However, I really do not think working mothers are the ideal. Maybe after the kid is in school it is okay, but women that take 8 weeks off to birth a baby and then throw it into daycare for strangers to raise are doing their children a disservice.

Yes I realize sometimes women do not have a choice (single mothers etc...) but many DO have a choice and they should put child rearing at the top of their list of priorities. If that means living in a smaller house, or driving an old car so they can stay at home with their small children then they should be willing to make those sacrifices.

And yes I generally do see that as the WOMAN's responsibility. If the fathers want to do it and they are good at it fine, but women are the primary caretakers of offspring and yes, seeing to it their children are raised properly is their responsibility.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chrhenn32

You do know that in the past women staying at home with the kids was a luxuary only the rich could afford??

If you were poor then everyone had to work to make ends meet,including the children.And you stayed married because the leaders of your faith told you you'd go to hell if you didn't and that living alone or unmarried with a man was a sin and a ticket straight to hell.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by deagan

Originally posted by dukeoftheusa
Hi!

Direct answer: yes! they are! look at the history! why is this thread?
moreover, god created a man, not a woman. woMAN is an artificial creation of space aliens. that`s it!

hi duke! space aliens?

Who knows for sure, but I think they are created by God. Aliens created a woman? lol ...

Hey.. thats why female beings have no souls ... they are alien made? orrect?

Hi !

Yes Aliens has created women. They are lesser beings. It is occult. People just dont understand, lack of the true knowledge. They are so self-centred.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
Not even time to read this thread, But I can tell you with certainty the premise is flawed and the conclusion is a sign that whomever made any such determination knows nothing about the subject of intelligence.

Without going into an educational mode I'll just say that Men and Woman are the same in different ways. You figure that out and you will be on the right track.

Loose whatever science book or article this is from after noting the individual so you know later they have no credibility.

Really low intelligent question really, but indicative of the general uneducated and therefore low understanding masses. Sheesh!

No star as I don't want to encourage such drivel.

ZG

maybe you should find a different forum. on a site meant to deny ignorance, we should encourage anyone wishing to ask questions and further themselves with answers. for such a low intelligence question it sure has spawned a lot of good thinkers to debate quite a bit. your reply was irresponsible.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
thank you Enigma. however, i dont think he is even going to bother to see other peoples responces to his comment.

And while im thanking. Thanks everyone for helping me out with this question. I have never seen a topic boom this fast in a span of not even 2 days, already this topic has been placed in the all time top replies ever on this specific catagory. thanks again. keep debating!

Your knowledge and research has really helped me out during this delema of mine.

[edit on 5/10/08 by Ghost147]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yeah! Men are much smarter than women

For instance: www.progressiveu.org...

There is lots of dumb men too, but they are womanish.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Okay Moderators.

Attention

Lucid calling all moderators

I have sent a few 'alerts', without any responses. So I will voice my concern right here in the thread.

There has been now 4 or so brand new members that registered just to post in this thread, blatant womanizing crap. I am pretty certain they are all the same person. Please check their IPs. As I feel there is some serious sock puppets here...

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kalevala

nice post kalevala.

indeed. i don`t get it why people debate on the proven fact here.
are they kids or have they funny around? hey ghost145 are you sick (avatar) or does it (avatar) symbolize your mental death? (rhetorical question)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeoftheusa

By giving such a reply you've just proved Lucid right.

Jackass!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I bow to you.....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrhenn32
I still feel it is wrong and we have twisted things so far as to cause much harm to our society. We have been going down the spiral path now for quite a few decades and just starting to see the damage we have caused by how we abuse relationships by hurting one another and ignoring what the little ones need. Adapting you say? If this is adapting to society than give me that gun so I can end my silly exhistance because I don't want to live in it anymore. Granted I would never do that but it sure damn hurts seeing others suffer over selfish things from the parents silly point of view. Lets send the little ones to daycare or lets call that babysitter so mommy and daddy can work until sundown. That is just only a part of it.

That's such a pity.
I wish you more courage.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Wait a minute, did you say rational?

I find that strange, since many women tend to think in terms of emotions. Some men find that inferior, but I don't think so. It's just a different way of thinking...Same product, just a different machine, so to speak.

What I don't quite understand is this Skeptic1...When women want to express their emotions, they don't want men to offer solutions to their problems. For instance...

A woman says - "I haven't had time to call my mother at all since I've been so busy."

Naturally, a man would say - "Just slow things down, and take the time, don't worry about it..."

I've read before that this 'solution offering' sometimes offends women. They want men to completely understand how they feel, rather than offer a solution. They don't want to rationalize the situation, or so I thought.

I got that from Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. It's a great book, but I wonder about what he says.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147

Originally posted by Sonya610
Male iq varies a lot more than female iq. Males are more likely to be geniuses, and more likely to be retarded.

In fact the female iq is thought to have more of an effect on the offspring (genetically as well as through environment) so if women got dumber both genders would be affected.

i c, not only in the ideas you've given me, but i see how much of a veriation there is with IQs in males vs the more similarity in females.

However, way back when, less schooling for women would general result in a lower IQ (obviously), and after sooooo many years of suppression, would that not result in a less intelegent gender? to a degree!

I don't have time to read through all the pages of replies right now... sorry.
But I want to comment.

We are one species. The river flows through both men and woman, one cannot evolve separately from the other.

To say men and woman are genetically different, while true, is misleading. The same genes are used for both men and woman, difference is found in the combinations and only to the extent to configure the feminine or masculine.

It's false to say that men evolved differently from woman. That's impossible; men and woman evolve together as a species. The difference between men and woman is the difference between masculine and feminine.

Opinion time: I like to see it like this, Men are one half and Woman are the other. Together they make the whole. Positive femininity amplifies positive masculinity and positive masculinity amplifies positive femininity. And that's a recipe for success.

I know my opinion is old fashion and politically incorrect, sorry to anyone who find it offensive. I hope some find it agreeable.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I did seem to dis the OP, but it was not my actual intention. I just had to comment on the incorrect question and get out of the system to the real world. I would expect a more intelligent spin, but this was base. 20 years ago this would be interesting

You did not say this. You think I mean you thought it either an interesting cyclotron of energy to whip up activity, or otherwise.and that I might find that divisive for points, and likely you will get some juice from this and then later think the question of race and intelligence being another hot topic to generate points. You thought I said all that. I did not. I attacked the question, not the questioner.

This is intelligent discussion here I thought, and not a game for points, stars and flags. If you think otherwise you would do well to saunter over to World of Warcraft or Wall Street.

I know there are young people here who might find the subject worth discourse, but I am fairly certain the subject specific as stated is what we call "mute".

All such studies are biased and subjective because they do not recognize qualitative and relational reality. I would expect such questions in studies by orthodox religious sciences to help maintain patriarchal control. The question is, by definition unanswerable.

First, what is intelligent? A dolphin has more brain mass and can swim faster, so are we less intelligent? A whale can communicate over hundreds of miles without a cell phone, so are they smarter than us? A woman has better olfactory in general than a male, better pain threshold, multitasking ability, intuition, capacity for higher awareness without drugs, and on and on.

A man can lift more. Erk! :-/ Men may be by comparison in such a linear approach less intelligent, but the question itself separates us when we need to be ONE.

Which side of the coin is worth more?

Please don't get all up in your self importance about this. Learn to ask good questions.

Einstein once said (And this is likely paraphrased as from memory only)
" To know the answers, you must first ask the right questions."

He also said,

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

You started the question reinforcing a difference which only obscures any true answer. That is what I meant when I wrote this was not worth the time.

Apologies to those who attempted such a futile experiment in intellectual closed loop thinking.

You only insulted yourself by taking offense. I challenged the question. Not you. Getting personal is not intelligent. Unless of course you are running for president, then all bets are off.

I am too.

ZG

Originally posted by Ghost147

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
Not even time to read this thread, But I can tell you with certainty the premise is flawed and the conclusion is a sign that whomever made any such determination knows nothing about the subject of intelligence.

Without going into an educational mode I'll just say that Men and Woman are the same in different ways. You figure that out and you will be on the right track.

Loose whatever science book or article this is from after noting the individual so you know later they have no credibility.

Really low intelligent question really, but indicative of the general uneducated and therefore low understanding masses. Sheesh!

No star as I don't want to encourage such drivel.

ZG

Damn! The only purpose for me to make these topics is to receive a star from you. My life is now empty...

Obviously I don't know a thing about the definition of intelligence, until after the people who actually took the time to help me understand, unlike you who didn't even think it would be at all reasonable to help another being, but intend merely insult. And, it seems that many people, in fact most people in this topic did not have an exact definition or understanding of Intelligence precisely. I even stated in the original post that I [I]was[/I] Ignorant about the topic, there-for made this topic. Simply because someone doesn't know something that you might, doesn't make them a complete retard as you implied.

ZG

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediK

Wait a minute, did you say rational?

I find that strange, since many women tend to think in terms of emotions. Some men find that inferior, but I don't think so. It's just a different way of thinking...Same product, just a different machine, so to speak.

What I don't quite understand is this Skeptic1...When women want to express their emotions, they don't want men to offer solutions to their problems. For instance...

A woman says - "I haven't had time to call my mother at all since I've been so busy."

Naturally, a man would say - "Just slow things down, and take the time, don't worry about it..."

I've read before that this 'solution offering' sometimes offends women. They want men to completely understand how they feel, rather than offer a solution. They don't want to rationalize the situation, or so I thought.

I got that from Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. It's a great book, but I wonder about what he says.

Yes, I said rational. We can play that card from time to time.

Many women do think in terms of emotions. I just don't apply that type of thinking to non-emotional situations. I am a mutant....what can I say. Sometimes it comes off as "cold" or "unfeeling", but to me it is just normal.

Now, if it is an emotional situation, then I am filled to the brim with emotion. But, this is a logical discussion, not an emotional one (to me, at least).

Women do want men to understand their positions on things, but at the same time, I don't mind if my boyfriend offers solutions. I don't slap him back and throw a hissy fit because he isn't being "sensitive" enough.

There are times for emotions and times for being rational.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
In the book, men are from mars and women are from venus, which is a very good book I might add, it explains a major difference, which I have noticed in those around me the minute I read it. But even in this there are variations. Basically though, women are verbal, its all those neurons, and they problem solve by speaking through their difficulties. They need their partners to be their best friends, because if they don't feel he is, the partnership breaks up, and they need him to be able to listen to her explore the issues aloud, without offering advice. Now men don't solve problems this way, and are less verbal, often though not always, and feel like cutting it short and quickly offering a solution and hoping the conversation will end.
This ruptures the bonds in the relationship because she needs him to just be supportive while she talks through her problems and finds the solutions, like friends do. Now, she normally wants to do this when he comes home from work.
But when men come home from work, they're tired and need to retreat into their "caves" often to replenish. So the best solution is to have him acknowledge that she wants to talk but to offset it until later when he's ready to "duck and dodge"
On the other hand, men don't like advice or a friend being supportive while they solve problems. They tend to go into caves to try and sort through it themselves. And when someone intrudes in the cave, a mad grizzly can emerge. And of course this makes her upset because she can't understand why he doesn't include her in his problems.
This is the basic premise of the book, and its a generalization that applies to many, though not all people. It means people need to understand the different needs different brain wiring requires, and be friends, and take turns without ruining a good friendship.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join