Project Camelot Must Listen to NOW!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
well so far he has at least one thing right. Economic crisis in UK & Europe, i thought he had said that it would 'begin' on oct 7th with an econmic crisis in UK and Europe? Though in all fairness i think we could all see that one coming.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
exactly, so this would be the start of economic failure. which meens that mindsmog owes us an apology? lol (im not really stating that!)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by dlongwell547

DO you want a cookie or something there slick? There is still a few hours left in the day, so a little premature.

For most people in the world it's already tomorrow

well there is still a pretty big part of the world where it is still today, the 7th. Not that I believe all of what is being said, but it is just a little early. Look at what the stock market is doing right now, DOW is down 450 points, and the S&P is getting close to hitting 1000.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Wait a minute, you live in Europe and you haven't noticed what's going on in the EU??? Iceland's currency is in the dumper, the BBC is reporting that the "EU is in the sh#tter...can someone please flush". The Royal Bank of Scotland is experiencing serious liquidity issues, France is promising to guarantee deposits for its citizens/banks, but the total insured deposits are rumored to be several times the GDP of France, and you still think all is well??? Are you daft??? Here in the states the Dow is currently down 460 points with only ten minutes left in the trading day! That's over $500,000,000,000 *poof* gone in one day!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Ditto -- it's now -505.21!!
finance.yahoo.com...:symbol=^dji;range=1d;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;sourc e=undefined

[edit on 7-10-2008 by isilex]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Most of the people on this planet have never heard of the Dow Jones

1,000,000,000 people in India are more concerned about whether their corps fail than whether rich foreigners are no longer quite so rich.

And compared with most people on the planet - every one of us on ATS are very rich indeed. When was the last time you bought something you didn't need just for you or your family to survive? Like a book or a CD or a new t-shirt or a bottle of beer?

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Essan]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The third world maybe, but they already have it bad. Now the rest of us will get a taste of that. Luckily, the one thing that we export far more than we inport here in the states is food! I believe we are refered to as 'the World's Breadbasket'. Enjoy waiting in breadlines? You don't live in the third world... yet, but soon, very soon.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Most of the people on this planet have never heard of the Dow Jones

1,000,000,000 people in Indian are more concerned about whether their corps fail than whether rich foreigners are no longer quite so rich.

And compared with most people on the planet - very one of us on ATS are very rich.

What is your point? You may have never heard of the DOW, however I am sure from what it did today whatever part of the world you are in is going to feel it tomorrow. I am sorry for all the Indian farmers, I really am, I wish I could help them. I dont know what they have to do with this discussion but whatever. I think discussion of the New York stock exchanges plumet today is relevant to what could be a global collapse. So now it will be even harder for those Indians, and we could help them but now I see you dont want to. Shame on you.

I am really just kidding, I am what you would call an arse hole, I dont mean anything by it. I dont mean to be trollish, just giving some of you a good ribbing. But we are all adults and can handle it, right, right?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Actually it has been awhile since I have bought anything for myself, or my kids for that matter. We have been learning to live with less in the past couple of years. However I dont make other people feel guilty for treating themselves every once in a while and buying something nice. It is however part of western life, even though it appears to be coming to an end.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
All of you who are saying, look at the economy in the EU need a short sharp poke in the eye! The runaway train which is the European economy has been heading towards a brickwall at full steam for over a month now. A blind beggar could see it coming. I'm afraid this thread was just another in a long line of nonsensical threads forecasting gloom and doom, mass UFO sightings, nuclear war,etc. So it goes on. It's sad. . .

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlongwell547 I am sorry for all the Indian farmers, I really am, I wish I could help them. I dont know what they have to do with this discussion but whatever. I think discussion of the New York stock exchanges plumet today is relevant to what could be a global collapse.

Well if there IS a global collapse you may be looking to those Indian farmers to help YOU by feeding you rice...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
People need to face the facts. This guy is a hoaxer. He was wrong. Nothing huge happend today...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldbomb444
People need to face the facts. This guy is a hoaxer. He was wrong. Nothing huge happend today...

... are you blind, deff and live under a rock? He stated that economy will begin to fall today, starting in europe. and guess who just got flushed down the $h!tter?

[edit on 7/10/08 by Ghost147]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by dlongwell547 I am sorry for all the Indian farmers, I really am, I wish I could help them. I dont know what they have to do with this discussion but whatever. I think discussion of the New York stock exchanges plumet today is relevant to what could be a global collapse.

Well if there IS a global collapse you may be looking to those Indian farmers to help YOU by feeding you rice...

They can keep their rice, I have my own. I dont need anyone to feed me I can grow my own food and feed myself and my family.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

But the economy didn't start to fail today! Where have you been hiding? The economy has been on the verge of collapse for at least two weeks now. You're kidding yourself. You need a dose a realism if you believe in this Deagle lunatic.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What will it be when we have to "apply" to get cash out of our banks, could RBS be next?? He did mention RBS and they got hammered today.

What does the nationalisation mean for UK customers?

The Banking Compensation Scheme "expects (Icelandic internet bank) Icesave to default", meaning 300,000 UK savers may need to claim compensation.

The Icelandic Prime Minister Geir Haarde has said he believes the lender has enough assets to cover British customers, despite parent bank Landsbanki going into receivership.

The banking group is Iceland's second biggest financial institution and is now under government control after sweeping new regulatory powers have come into force.

It has temporary protection from payment of debts and obligations as they fall due.

Iceland's Prime Minister also said that funds from a loan agreed with Russia would go into the crisis-hit country's foreign reserves.

He told a news conference:"People from our side will be going to Russia today or early tomorrow morning to discuss the exact terms."
news.sky.com... 867?lpos=Business_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15114867_Online_Bank_Icesave_Suspends_Withdrawals_And_Deposits%3A_UK_Savers_Face_Applying_For_Money

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
reply to post by Ghost147

But the economy didn't start to fail today! Where have you been hiding? The economy has been on the verge of collapse for at least two weeks now. You're kidding yourself. You need a dose a realism if you believe in this Deagle lunatic.

Actually ive been in costa rica for the past month and a bit without tv or internet till just now. I actually have an exuse. however i was aware of the falls in the markets, just not the serverity of it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Like I said this morning, and yesterday.. and a week ago.. and so on... people will continue to make nebulous or far-reaching (i.e. years from now) predictions, with no pinpoint facts, names, or specifics, yet people will believe them no matter what. Most don't know this guy from Adam, and yet they will cling to his every word as if it's the gospel.

It's a given that something significant will happen every day. Planet Earth is a really big place. It's not hard to make these kinds of 'predicitions.' Here.. I'll give one: "Next week, a significant military event will occur, that will begin a chain effect that will domino over the following weeks, that will conclude with an Earth-changing event." Hey.. I bet I'm right, to. I can take any military event and claim it's the one I predicted. Just like this guy can take anything that happened today, and say "See, I was right!"

Nothing exploded, nothing earth-shaking occured, nothing happend folks. Stop buying into the fear mongering. You know why the stocks are falling like bricks? Fear. It's amazing what fear can do. It can cripple the economy, and it can cripple a population. Don't be part of that game. Be part of a progessive solution and a positive outlook, not stuck in a state of perpetual gloom and doom — a woe betide us sort of mentality.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldbomb444

Probably, but for Americans at least a major event is still happening tonight. Even if the Presidential debate amounts to nothing, I believe today is the day that normal level-headed Americans have lost faith that the government intervention in the markets is going to work. Therefore you may expect more economic collapse this week. Perhaps the "release" is that the uncertainty is gone.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

And I'll second your motion anytime...

Yesterday I posted a "test" thread about how negative thoughts are being used against people, and so that people themselves can dig their own holes by buying into all of this mass-media created hysteria.
Put in right in the middle of the mass panic, and not even a nod it got, because everybody was so worried about finding the shattering "fact"...

Very well put, and I hope that after this one, without lowering our guard, we can be a bit more creative towards finding solutions, and maybe even modifying what this "western standard of living" is doing to our world...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by citizenc]

new topics
top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join