It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin: Obama Is ‘Palling Around With Terrorists’

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh, come on!! Skeptic?

Your very screenname impies a certain understanding that one must be mindful of all discourses.

William Ayers WAS, in his youth, a challenger against the 'establishment'...

Hey!!! I was eight years old in 1965!!!! Yeah!!! I was right there, I was Eight years old....and shouting at the 'Man'....

Of course I wasn't!!!!! I was in freaking' Second Grade, and we did NOT have the 24-hour News Cycle that we enjoy today. I was tryin' to watch 'Laugh-In'....because I had to surreptiously watch it, as my Parents did....because it was 'Not for me to see!'

I just realized, I dropped my 'g'....just as Governor Sarah Palin likes ta' do....ta sound 'folksy'....well, to my ear, she sounds like a Hick.

It isn't workin'....my 'folksinous'....nor Hers.

It is really sad to see the McCain/Pallin boomerang comin' 'round to bite 'em!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

There is nothing in the quote of yours in that post, not a single word or line, that contradicts the quote of mine you put in your post!

Please help me see what in your quote contradicts anything in the quote of mine you put in your post!

In your own words, "dissembling" at its best!
(seems to be your favorite word so I thought I'd slip it in here for you!)

Ayers helped procure Annenberg grant, he and two other people, but was never on the Annenberg Challenge board!

After Ayers was able to secure the grant, the Annenberg Challenge was set up and Obama was asked if he would be board chairman by Deborah Leff and .....

I'm repeating myself, it's all in my other posts!

If it's not very clear in my posts, you might have to read some of the sources to understand I guess, it's all there in black and white.

[edit on 10/12/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Nobody has ever argued that Ayer's was on the board of CAC. He was a co-founder.
Maybe I should have used Straw Man instead?

[edit on 12-10-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Originally posted by Keyhole

Originally posted by jsobecky

Ayers got the money from Annenberg and funneled it through Obama to groups that promoted radical extremism.

Can you show some credible sources that state where any of this money went anywhere besides the Chicago Annenberg Challenge?

Or that it was "funneled" through Obama, away from the Annenberg Challenge, to promote "radical extremism"?

And what kind of "radical extremism" did these "groups" promote?

Credible sources are always helpful when trying to establish the truth!

I've posted the links several times in various threads. You can do one of two things:

1. Look up my posts

2. Research it yourself

Google is your friend.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
JSO, people tell you to provide proof to what you state, you say do the research. Someone posts something and... you tell them to do the research for you. Why does everyone but you have to prove what they say? Your entire arguement against Obama has been shot so full of holes I could drive a tank through them. And you still IGNORE PALIN TELLING TERRORISTS TO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Ok...i just watched the vid where she states this. Here is my question. If this is out there for all to see....which i'm sure many in her state have seen this...if she's so evil...why does she have an 80 percent approval rating. Does that mean 80 percent of the people have lost their mind or are they just not informed well enough? Her state doesn't seem to be too scared of her.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Alaska is a very Republican state. But even that has not saved her from the all the negative news as of late. A poll taken from September 20 through 22nd has her approval rating dropping to 68% and this does not reflect the 'Troopergate' results.

Source.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

That's a good drop if true. But 68 percent is nothing to frown at either. I'm sure their can't be many other governors that have a higher approval rating than 68. The troopergate thing won't hurt her much in the polls..IMO. If the allegations were for something like fraud i believe it would hurt much more...but the basis of this whole thing is a police officer tasering a 10 year old boy..his stepson. If the man really did that..he should have been fired, but his boss wouldn't do it. Also there were supposedly death threats made to her father from this guy. I don't know all the exact details..i'm sure someone can clear that up.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

From your own source:

LET ME REPEAT THIS: UNTIL THE MEDIA SAVAGED PALIN, SMEARING HER DAILY, SHE HAD A SOLID 80% APPROVAL RATING BY HER CONSTITUTES.

Then came a poll—a poll taken a mere three weeks after the Lefty Press gang-smeared Palin in a manner befitting their conduct towards Hillary Clinton.

Guess WHAT??????????
Palin’s approval rating fell 12 points.
Now does any intelligent person think the manner in which she governed Alaska changed in three weeks?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You call it smearing, I call it exposing. What, are you crying foul when the shoe is on the other foot? This woman is no saint. She has more skeletons than the other three combined. Trying to remove 'objectional' books from the library. The 'keep up the good work' statement to a separatist party. Then there's this:

The gentleman's name is Thomas Muthee, and I encourage all to read up on this guy here.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

You call it smearing, I call it exposing.

That's from your own source. The one you tried to show that Palin was losing popularity in AK.

*Your* source.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I haven't been following Alaskan daily news, have you? Who knows what kind of reports are in the press that are not in her favor.

What I have observed is that the more honest and straightforward conservative journalists are not supporting Palin or McCain. There seem to be more than a handful of Republicans in the Alaskan legislature that haven't been on Palin's side for a long while now; that have never supported her. If members of the conservative press are not supporting McCain, that can't bode too well for Palin.

So Troopergate, which is localized to Alaska, added to general unease many Republicans have about the McCain/Palin campaign might well total up to a 12% drop in approval for Palin.

For the Democrats part, they still don't know anything about Palin other than Troopergate. How were they able to smear her? She gave a few interviews that she wasn't prepared for. You know, no one controlled Palin remotely to have her talking bizarrely about Vladimir Putin's head rearing up over Alaska!

Anyway, from my standpoint, it seems that Palin's decline in popularity has a lot to do with all of the above.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Ok...i just watched the vid where she states this. Here is my question. If this is out there for all to see....which i'm sure many in her state have seen this...if she's so evil...why does she have an 80 percent approval rating. Does that mean 80 percent of the people have lost their mind or are they just not informed well enough? Her state doesn't seem to be too scared of her.

Easy, she gives the people in Alaska thousands of dollars every year just to live in Alaska. That's right, she gives people money. Hmm, if I gave every person in my state thousands of dollars I bet they'd like me and vote for me to.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What you are refering to is the oil revenue money. That's been going on for many years now, Palin has absolutely nothing to do with that. That dates back to the beginning of drilling on the North Slope...I got more than one of them in the years I lived and worked up there...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The poll was not done by the quoted source, they were just commenting on it. This does not mean that the poll was false or misleading. I'm failing to see your point other than trying to call foul. One could say the same thing about your anti-Obama sources.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I've posted the links several times in various threads. You can do one of two things:

1. Look up my posts

2. Research it yourself

No thanks!

I believe the info I posted earlier in this thread was from credible sources, so I see no need to research this any further.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Originally posted by Areal51

I haven't been following Alaskan daily news, have you? Who knows what kind of reports are in the press that are not in her favor.

Who knows how many stars there are in the sky?

That's a strange statement to make.

What I have observed is that the more honest and straightforward conservative journalists are not supporting Palin or McCain.

That's probably a good thing. Journalists should report the news, not their own biased opinions.

The same cannot be said of liberal outlets such as MSNBC, with their Democratic shills like Keith Olberman.

There seem to be more than a handful of Republicans in the Alaskan legislature that haven't been on Palin's side for a long while now; that have never supported her. If members of the conservative press are not supporting McCain, that can't bode too well for Palin.

You're mixing up "members of the legislature" with "conservative press" in an obvious (but incorrect) attempt to show that support for Palin is eroding.

For the Democrats part, they still don't know anything about Palin other than Troopergate. How were they able to smear her?

Bullcrap. They've smeared her, her family, her daughter, her husband, her child.

Anyway, from my standpoint, it seems that Palin's decline in popularity has a lot to do with all of the above.

You know what stands out in your post?

"Who knows..." "What I have observed..." "There seems to be..." "from my standpoint..."

All weak, wishy-washy statements based on your opinion only. Not a single fact sourced in your reply at all. Everything based upon "feeling" and emotion. Nothing that can be taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I don't know what's funnier..using an article from the New York Times as "proof" that Obama and Ayers had no deep relationship, or using a blog and a guy named "Uncle Fester" as a source that Palin's approval rating was declining.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Let's deal with the true 'source' of the polling data. 'Uncle Fester' is really Editor & Publisher, America's Oldest Journal Covering the Newspaper Industry. The company responsible for the actual poll is Mason-Dixon Polling & Research Inc., which is not a party-affiliated or ideology-oriented polling firm.

Now, what I wonder is why is it that when news about Palin and her family is brought to light, it's smearing, but when Palin herself states publicly that Obama is 'palling around with terrorists' and it is shown to be a big stretch of the truth, it's news. Either they are both newsworthy or they are both smears. I think I smell a double standard here.

I also notice that you seem to pick and choose your battles. Not one word about the whole Thomas Muthee affair. Not one word about the comparison between those of us on ATS being subversives and you 'palling around with subversives' and the obvious connection to the Ayers allegations. Now if you want to discuss the Berg v. Obama case, that one has some legs! This one, however, is a dead issue and you are beating a dead horse.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Easy, she gives the people in Alaska thousands of dollars every year just to live in Alaska. That's right, she gives people money. Hmm, if I gave every person in my state thousands of dollars I bet they'd like me and vote for me to.

If anyone in the government manages to give money back to it's people without increasing a deficit, i'd probably approve of them too.

Are you implying this was a bad move on her part? Are you implying that people in Alaska have bad judgement? Curious to see your reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join