It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Will Martial Law Be Declared??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I want to know how you think martial law will be declared. Will it be because of a terrorist attack, riots, acts of god, etc...?

I think it will be declared because of a terrorist attack and then people will realize that it was their government and people start rioting sparking a civil war in the country and then the people win and we start a new government.

So what do you think??????

[edit on 4-10-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Why?

Because when you Americans go to get money out of an ATM and it says # you, then you'll take to the streets...

Martial Law will ease the tension.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This may not be a popular theory, but I believe it will be if and /or when Barack Obama loses the presidential election.

I fear that this is one of the main reasons that the FEMA camps have been built, it is one reason why the military will soon be positioned within. If Obama loses and there is any suspicion that things have been tampered with, there will be attacks in the streets. Racial riots will spring up in major cities everywhere.

Combine an Obama loss with another economic emergency or down turn and we could see martial law implemented withing a week's time.

Maybe the PTB already know who will win the election and are making preparations for what will follow. They could welcome this as a beginning of the end of sorts, an excuse to put the US on lock down and begin doing whatever they choose.

I hope I am wrong, but things could go south in a matter of a couple of days. Another thing to consider, if food becomes scarce violence will escalate.

Who knew that when we were watching Mad Max back in the day that it would be a documentary about our future instead of fictional entertainment.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i just hope it comes soon cause i dont want to go though that kind of mess with a wife and kids(in the future) but maybe thats the plan the more people have something to hold them back and not rise against the better for them? job, school, wife, kids, family in general. meh we will see i guess
watching al-jazeera english enlightens you on alot of the on going situations around the world, the things that american media doesnt talk about... they even had a 30 minute discussion of martial law on press-tv the other night
but i dunno just continue on with normal every day life but in the back of ur head keep in mind and be prepared that it could happen any day

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don't think it's something that will be officially announced by the government. If they are going to enforce military power against american citizens than they will do it as swiftly and as quitely as possible. They will want to give us as little time to organize and rise up against them as they can possibly manage. If Martial law is truly a possability then they are preparing to strike. IMO i do believe they have a plan to execute and i think it will happen soon. I have plans for myself and my family and closest friends are all involved together. WE ALL NEED TO ORGANIZE IF THE AVERAGE AMERICAN IS GOING SURVIVE THE COMING STORM!!!!!

They now have all the money they need to achieve their overall goal of creating the NWO. You think the bailout bill is set up to bail out the working man and woman? Think again. This is a grand design to keep the rich in power and destroy the middle class. The bail out bill that was agreed upon in the senate and the bailout bill that dictator bush signed are to different bills. The final version that the president signed was 150 pages longer that the original 300 page draft that the senate passed. You think there isnt billions more in the fine print going towars projects that won't be named??? Hell there is 19 million going towards race tracks!

Its time to get smart people, something big is going down, and Martial law is a very real possibility.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
They aren't going to declare. They will just activate army units to back up local law enforcement. Already has been done. You guys missed it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

you know much crap that would stir up, if there was a police state like in that movie volcano. Then all the drug dealers, all the little joe pescies would really show their butts. because all the wacked out crazy crap they have been building up for god knows how long would surface.

it would be weird.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

My guess, economic collapse will trigger it. People will be trying to make bank runs and we will be on the brink of anarchy. The govt will announce that we are in Martial Law and implement curfews for our own safety until they present us with their solution.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Can we have less of the 'you americans' talk. The british [I am british] took to the streets in rioting over the cuts to the dole in the 1960's. Based on this evidence we'd act in just the same way.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Martial law will be declared when numbnutz take to the streets and cause riots and chaos. There is really no other reason for it to be declared.

From reading posts in various forums, everyone is so worried about martial law being put into effect, yet most of those posters are also spouting about going into the streets and stirring up trouble to protest.

Well it doesnt take a nuclear science degree to understand that when a huge mass of rioting idiots go do stupid things and threaten innocent people that some form of act will be instigated by authority to put the rioting crazies under control and out of innocents way.

Basically, it all depends on what the public does that will determine if martial law becomes a reality.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Well it doesnt take a nuclear science degree to understand that when a huge mass of rioting idiots go do stupid things and threaten innocent people that some form of act will be instigated by authority to put the rioting crazies under control and out of innocents way.

Basically, it all depends on what the public does that will determine if martial law becomes a reality.

Cheers!!!!

Could not agree more which is precisely why I think it is important that those of us who still have the ability to think critically must call out those who are either playing on other people's paranoia or are so engulfed in their own paranoia that they are easily influenced.

Too many here take snippets of unsubstantiated reports and use them to "prove," that martial law is imminent...or that a nuclear attack will be launched in the US next week.

In and of itself, this kind of speculation, bordering on hysteria, is relatively harmless and containable. The problem is when we start planting these thoughts of impending doom in people's minds, they become so convinced that the end of the world is near that an actual event might cause hysteria when it might not otherwise have done so.

Think back to 9/11. Those who were closest to the attacks did not act irrationally. The people in NYC were remarkably brave and orderly given that they were likely convinced they could easily die that day. That is the human instinct in times of turmoil.

Now, take a bunch of people who are paranoid that their own govt is going to kill them and that financial collapse is being orchestrated by a shadowy and evil organization, the reaction to the same attack would be very, very different.

Whereas on 9/11, people banded together to help one another and in some cases, risked death (or perhaps lost their own lives) in an attempt to save another's, the result of this constant paranoia and negativity may be a much more frantic and panicked reaction. This could exponentially increase the death toll of an attack.

Those of us who are in touch with reality need to have our voices heard over the pack of howling hyenas proclaiming that the end is near.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
marshal law eh? well good this country needs to be because somethings gotta give,cause these congressman are greedy and never can agree on anything im not scared and im not sceptical But Bush isn't starting A New World Order he's protecting us from one He isnt running around rantting on change time for something new bullcrap and calling himself a messieh "for all you religious fanatics bush definately isnt charismatic and the world dosent love him and hes not a desendent of middle east (hint hint) hes pure american unlike others ,im not defending the man but i sure dount like the other guys either im libirtarian im for more freedom not less and the libirals and repulicans both strip us of our liberties,i guess you can say im a william wallace kind of guy (hint hint.)
FREEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

so you people really need to think about this country cuz its been devided for many years and guess what you cant acomplish anything argueing all the time
so maybe this will wake alot of americans hope you really know what to do when this world turns on us it wont be anyones fault but our own

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Remember the Congressmen being threatened with martial Law for the population if they obey their districts and refuse to pass the bailout(as Congress is already under martial Law):

If a bully tells you to give him you lunch money or he will beat you up after school, and you acquiesce to his demands you have been successfully bullied, but nonetheless you had no choice.

If congress had did as their districts overwhelmingly demanded, The population might have fallen under Martial Law.

Point being, the threat of Martial Law is Martial Law - so long as the person making the threat has the capabilities to carry it out.

As the bully is capable of beating you up, the Bush Administration has everything in place to effectively implement Martial Law.

*This doesn't mean troops on the streets. It means a suspension of your civil liberties and criminals will be 'tried' in a military court where they do not even have the Right to Remain Silent, and cannot plead the fifth. They have the same rights as a private.

This is martial Law, Not soldiers everywhere. All Citizens will be subject to Military Jurisprudence - Meaning Court Martials and summary punishments not Trial By Jury or Habeus Corpus.

Edit: Thanks to the Senate illegally passing an augmented and much larger/dangerous version of this criminal bill, the population is not under martial law.

But Remember; Congress represent the People, not the Senate.

These are the unconstitutional Laws and acts and Presidential Directives that the Bush Regime will use to "legally" implement Martial Law and criminalize dissent:

Google: NSPDD-51 - this is on the .gov websites
Google: REX- 84, RX 84
Google: Continuity of Government, John Warren Defense Commission -.gov
Google: John Yoo Torture Memo (sexual torture of children authorized)
Google: Patriot Act 1 & 2

[edit on 17-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If Martial Law were to be declared, it's going to happen like this. It could be declared in the case of mass riots due to a civilian uprising against the government. Which in this case, would make every single one of us American citizens an Enemy of the State. However, I do not really see an event like this happening in the near future.

As for Martial Law being declared because of a terrorist attack is highly unlikely. This would be due to the fact that not only would the terrorist attack have to cause massive casualties, it would also have to be able to cause widespread panic among us civilians.
What could happen is this.....

First, you would have to have a coordinated major attack on cities like New York, Chicago, Washington, L.A., Philadelphia, etc. Second, how these attacks would come about would be a mystery. Possibly due to homegrown terrorists here in the United States. Third, it would also have to cause people to start fearing for their security and safety.

Martial Law is defined as this.

1. Temporary rule by military authorities, imposed on a civilian population especially in time of war or when civil authority has broken down.
2. The law imposed on an occupied territory by occupying military forces.

As for what is to happen if Martial Law is declared, I think I will let Executive Order 12919 explain it here.

The most likely thing to happen that would get Martial Law imposed would most likely be an act of God. I'm not talking about a hurricane hitting Miami or an earthquake striking the Midwest. I am talking something to the effect of either an asteroid strike or Yellowstone erupting. If either one of those likely scenarios where to happen, you would need to do something as President that would calm everybody down and help what survivors are left, that's if there are any in the affected areas.

I personally think that Martial Law may be declared when it comes down to it. As for how it will be declared, it would have to be something that either caught us off guard or we had either very little or no warning whatsoever as to what was about to happen.

top topics

join