It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: Iraq Is 'A Peaceful And Stable Country Now'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hello Mr McCain

so this didn`t happen today

news.bbc.co.uk...

and this didn`t happen 3 days ago

news.bbc.co.uk...

all quiet and peaceful i guess.....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What astonishes me is that some people here at ATS are so enamored by
Sen. McCain; that when he says it is "peaceful and Stable" they take his word as gospel, with no grasp of the real situation.

The cult of personality is alive and well.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That is one of the reasons that my faith on my fellow Americans is dying, due to the incredible blindness when it comes to corrupted party lines and party corporate chosen idols.

Is just pitiful.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

McCain: Iraq Is 'A Peaceful And Stable Country Now'

Peaceful, Stable? I don't think so McSame McCain. While a massive amount of progress has been made in Iraq, it's ignorant to say that Iraq is "Peaceful and stable". It's down right disrespectful to the Iraqi people.

Some say the lull in violence, is down the down to the "surge". This is partly correct, but not the main factor in the reduced violence. The main reason for the progress in Iraq, is the Iraqi people themselves. It's called the "Awakening".
en.wikipedia.org...

If Moqtada Al Sadr called his truce off, there wouldn't be any progress at all in Iraq.

The coalition troops are merely controlling the situation. What do you think is going too happen when the coalition troops leave? All these armed militias have way too much power.

Something has to give sooner or later. The coalition troops can't stay forever. We'll see how peaceful and stable Iraq is. I'm sure them comments will come back to haunt McSame McCain.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

I don't think so, back when this comes to hunt McCain if he wins the election and his last chance to become president in his life, America will be so brainwashed by the reasons American doesn't need a war anymore and so much owned by corporate America that they will not care a bit if the entire Iraqi Nation implode and disappear under the sea.

Most American people can get so easily manipulated by politricks and propaganda that is no funny.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Most American people can get so easily manipulated by politricks and propaganda that is no funny.

I'm convinced that if John McCain or Sarah Palin said that it would rain Gatoraid on the 16th of October; many true believers would be outside with buckets.

Now if they said it might rain "Southern Comfort" I would have a barrel out just in case.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Oh my !
Nutty nutty boy!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

At least when he looses the election he won't have any problem getting a new job...

He would make a great stand-up comedian...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Swatman
i wouldnt be surprised if iraq is peaceful. hell you need a bullet proof vehicle just to go down south central LA

I'll bet my left testicle that you wouldn't see armed checkpoints and the remains of thousands of dead bodies in LA! I'll bet my right testicle you don't walk down the street fearing treading on a landmine, or being sniped, or being blown to smithereens by a mortar.

Damn mate, you need to get out more and see the world outside your window.

Try D.C. if you want to see that.

Have you ever been to Iraq? NO. You do not have bombs going off every Five Seconds, or Fire-fights occurring every 30 Minutes. The Nation has a trained Police Force and a Trained Military NOW conducting raids, commencing in arrests, and taking on Extremist Elements under minimal Coalition Guidance.

As for this McCain quote, listen to the rest of the commentary in the audio. He states that the "Surge" has succeeded in reigning in the violence, and stabilizing the Nation of Iraq. He also places his faith in General Petraeus and his assessment of events in Iraq, for he is the Commander of the Coalition Forces currently stationed in theater (OIF). [As of now he is the CENTCOM COMM]

You are completely taking Senator McCain's statement out of context.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

How can:

"Its a peaceful stable country now"

be taken out of context??

Australia is a peaceful stable country ... Iraq is not.

It's a gaffe pure and simple ... even you have to admit that Agent.

Iraq is not peaceful and it is not stable.

There area's that have become more stable than it was pre-surge but there are still bombings, fire fights, mines etc EVERY DAY and patrols armed with automatic weapons on top of a foreign occupation force.

How, by any stretch of the imagination, can this be considered stable?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join