It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Can't I Get Into Chat???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I use sbcyahoo dsl and i can't get the ats chat to work. I've tried all the stuff you guy and girls said. It jsut doesn't work.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I use AOL also, I've got it set to block pop ups but have never had trouble with getting into chat.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If you want to access the chat, minimize aol, and go to the chat in IE, opera, or whatever browser suits you.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I've tried that already too... it didn't work.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
maybe you just don't have enough points or posts... isn't there an ats guidebook around somewhere? maybe you need like 500 points or more?

i don't know..but it works for me.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What version of IE are you using?

Something is up with your PC, w/ out doing anything drastic, like updating AOL, IE, etc, I would read back through this thread and retry the excellent advice fellow ats members have given you. Delete cookies, temp internet files, logout/login, reboot, clean spyware, etc, etc.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
What version of IE are you using?

Something is up with your PC, w/ out doing anything drastic, like updating AOL, IE, etc, I would read back through this thread and retry the excellent advice fellow ats members have given you. Delete cookies, temp internet files, logout/login, reboot, clean spyware, etc, etc.

IE version 6.0
AOL Version 8.0

Restarted Computer, still no luck.

Deleted cookies... no TIF's yet. No spyware.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm using AOL 8.0 and IE 6.0 and before now my chat just hasn't been loading, but now when I open it it says that I've been banned.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have notified our IT Director, SkepticOverlord, of these issues...he's on it

If you get no joy then feel free to message him directly: His message-link is on the lefthand side of the Main Page in the Staff List.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join