It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would sending in FOIA requests get me in trouble?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I know Dems got voted in office in 06 so they probably passed some reforms but I can't be sure if I can use the FOIA with the neocons still in charge and Bush at their helm.

I'm afraid I might get put on some kind of list... I know that the FOIA is a tool which we can use but with the kind of government we have in power... I'm not sure if we can use it.

I'm not joking this is a serious question.
[edit on 4-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
what information do you want to have freedom to know about?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hi ! This is a great question.

I am not willing to do it for the exact reason you stated. Someone posted a couple of days ago that they sent in an FOIA request on himself. The answer that came back was that they would not admit or deny that they were monitoring his internet usage. He also stated that now when he does reverse IP lookups he has the NSA in the list.

So while I can't answer your question exactly, I personally would not do it. I don't see them telling the truth and there is nothing you can do about it if they are monitoring you.

I understand that knowledge is normally power but in this case it would just drive me insane with paranoia. So let them monitor me if they are. Somehow I don't think I am important enough for this but if they want to waste their time, so be it.

Just be careful of how you say what you say on the net. Things can be worded to get your point across without using words that might trigger a look at ya. Although with freedom of speech supposedly a protected right, it's a shame we have to even think about this.

Best of wishes and happy surfing.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Do not be afraid.If there is a list,many of us who question and freely express our points of view here on A.T.S. and visit alternative news sites are already on it.Ask away,my friend,and be damned with the consequences."Better to die as a free person than to live as a slave."-Or in fear of the pursuit of knowledge I would add.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by baconvein

I wish to know about the ways the government have used news agencies as tools of propaganda in the past.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wasn't that one already out? That was when we found out that the govt hired retired military people to go on the mainstream news channels to say whatever they were paid to say, and spread disinfo, to try and get more support for the wars and lousy bills they've been passing since 9/11

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Right, but I want to find out the whole scope of the problem. There are FOIA documents on the CIA's website that tell you about their past. Right? So I want to find out what documents they have detailing what they did even before the Bush administration.

new topics

top topics

join