It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Pet Peeves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I think we have gone beyond the "list of 5".

We are just kind of venting in general now.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

"The toilet paper....I think that is just genetic".

Thanks for that explanation - I had been assuming it was against their religion.

As for leaving the loo seat up - I can live with that. It's when they fail to lift it up at all that I get irritated - grrooogh!

I've got a new pet peeve down to one of my housemates. I've volunteered to wash all the dishes, since I want it done properly, but it's making me sick when he leaves dishes and mugs in his room for days on end. I can't go in there to get them and by the time they see the light of day they could practically walk to the kichen by themselves.

Another peeve - when I am doing 'man's work' why, just why does someone decide to be 'helpful' by taking the screw-driver or whatever out of my hand when I am actually doing the job? I don't often have a fit about anything, but that's almost guaranteed to set me off. Usually a threat of violence followed by 'if you want to be useful, go and make the tea'.

The only other things that really irk me are rudeness, lack of consideration and impatience.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
Another one of my pet-peeves, not necessarily boyfriend related.... Is Pens. Pens without Lids. I think i might have a touch of OCD or something, because I simply can not write with pens that don't have lids. I will start writing, and all I can think about is: "where the heck did that lid go?" And so, the pen is rendered to be useless and stuck in a drawer so that the non-crazies can use them. Instead of me throwing them out...

I've learned that "Just because the Pen doesnt have a lid, doesn't mean it doesn't work." and my arguement of "A pen without a lid is as useful as a pen without ink" isn't necessarily true.

- Carrot

[edit on 10/5/2008 by CA_Orot]

You are the first person I have "met" that had this peeve. I will search high and low for a pen with a lid, if it is supposed to have one it should be there. I have had more odd looks at work due to this.....and the husband, can't seem to keep the two together either. The pen is on the desk, naked, and the cap on the couch. Figure that one out.

And speaking of men what is with spitting in public. Yuck.

Someone mentioned blinkers...leaving them on and NOT using them.

Socks in the laundry inside out, how are they supposed to come clean inside out. Kids worse offenders with husband next.

And a fifth peeve would be..empty cartons in the fridge. Use up the milk throw it away etc.....:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
1. Long waits at government and/or medical offices. In some cases you get an "appointment" only to still have to wait for hours to see the doctor or your case worker. It can be annoying at some offices where you see many of the workers standing around holding coffee mugs and looking at the lines.

2. Bratty children who throw tantrums at stores etc. My mother was old school: if you misbehaved you got five across the rear end. She did not play, and we behaved. This is bad at movies where the kid is crying and the parent won't take them out.

3. Speaking of bratty children, how about the idiots who threaten to report the ones who are old school like my mother when they discipline their kids. Unless they are beating the kid, let the parent control their kid now, or you will pay for their jail cell in the future. (I have worked with troubled kids and I know the difference between a swat on the rump and a cattle prod to the chest.)

4. Crazy drivers, or better yet, people who talk on their cell phones when driving. Sorry to tell everybody this, but YOU CANNOT DRIVE AND TALK AT THE SAME TIME!!! I ignore my phone when driving, and will pick it up when I am parked. My brother was talking to his wife and driving at the same time and he was very erratic. He did not stay in his lane, and cut off a couple of people. Just don't talk or answer the phone. The people can wait, and if they get upset, they'll get over it.

5. Busybodies: Neighbors, friends and relatives who make your business theirs. It isn't so bad in my family, but I have had a few who would ask all kinds of questions: Who was that on the phone? If it was for them, I would of given it to them.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
You are the first person I have "met" that had this peeve. I will search high and low for a pen with a lid, if it is supposed to have one it should be there. I have had more odd looks at work due to this.....and the husband, can't seem to keep the two together either. The pen is on the desk, naked, and the cap on the couch. Figure that one out.

I'm not sure that is a pet peeve but moreso a disorder lol. I used to drive everyone at work Nuts too! I would organize the pens...I would take all the pens from the kitchen, the dining room, and the front desk, and sort through them. I stuck all the ones without lids into a drawer, and then I didn't have to look at them lol...I got in trouble for throwing out pens without lids - but in all honestly, for ME they don't work!

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I think you might have it worse than me...I can look at them just won't use them. And, heaven forbid, I have had to resort to a clicker pen.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

OH MY GOSHHH Clicker Pens! I can't stand CLICKER pens! I'll use them if I HAVE to, but usually I carry around a bunch of pens in my purse - in case of emergency. I especially like the R.S.V.P ones, by Pentel, black ink - I looked on the pen for the name, don't worry!

My dad on the other hand LOVES clicker pens. He buys them like I do - in massive quantities. Neither of us likes each others pens so they don't often go missing lol.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Clicker do have the advantage of being easy to "close" to put in a pocket at work.

My pens have to be blue as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well...this is so weird....I have a massive pen fetish...for me it's Pilot G-Tec C4's in purple ink and nothing else will do...maybe black ink at a push, if I can't find the purple. Beautiful, even, fine lines...tis the architect in me. I have dozens of them, and mechanical pencils...I love 'em...! Always have a pile in my bag, in a pencil case of course, and even in my make up bag, just incase someone tries to make me use...a BIRO!!!! *spit!*...especially one of those splodgey ones that leave lumps of ink on the paper. I hate that.

Maybe we should turn this into a Five Pet Peeves a Day Thread....we seem to have so many!

In which case my 5 for today would be....

People at work who blub over almost anything and refuse to grow up.
People at work who send emails to customers with dreadful spelling and grammar.
People at work who wont accept even the smallest...and very helpful...change.
People at work who do too many things at once and don't finish any of them properly.
People at work who make a mess, and then throw a hissy fit about me being tidy. I really don't get that.

More tomorrow, I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Look out- I'm about to open up a big can of crazy:

Tail-gators. Driving right up on my back bumper only pisses me off, it doesn't inspire me to get out of your way or drive faster. In fact, I usually take my foot off the gas, just for you. Go around or leave the house earlier. The road isn't yours and I'm not here to make life easy on you.

Kids. I know this is anal of me, but it drives me up the wall to no end. People have children, goats have kids. When I hear someone say they "have a kid" and they are referring to their child, I just want to beam them with something. Hard! Two different things, no need to bring them together.

Mouth smacking noises. I start to twitch if I hear smacking noises coming from someone's mouth. Blah! It is disgusting and unnecessary.

People who don't want to share aisles. We all have to shop there, and you aren't anybody special, so pick a side. Making other people get out of your way as you walk down the middle just makes you a large, arrogant, jerk. Nothing great, nothing wonderful, nothing powerful.

Husband rant:

When he washes his hands or needs to wipe something off of himself, he bypasses his bathroom towel, goes passed the community hand towel, and goes straight for the towel I use after a shower. When I complain, he has the nerve to yell at me. :bnghd:

He loves animals so we keep bringing them into the house. And yet, he will let them all go without water for the entire day, or without food, or he will step over poo on the floor. grrrrrr How about glancing over at one of the three water or four food bowls and checking to see if they need something. Instead, he lets me take care of every damn thing.

Running his mouth off. After coming back from his friend's house he said, "At least you two wives won't have to worry about the other being skinny." :shk: OK, fine, it is true, but what a rude thing to say. One day we were watching tv and the host asked what advice married couples might have for someone who is about to get married. My husband actually said, "Hey buddy, be careful or else your pretty little wife will end up looking like mine." And he laughed and laughed. You know he had the nerve to act confused when I got angry. He has gained more weight since we've been married than I have, so I don't know how he got the nerve to talk.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

People who don't want to share aisles. We all have to shop there, and you aren't anybody special, so pick a side. Making other people get out of your way as you walk down the middle just makes you a large, arrogant, jerk. Nothing great, nothing wonderful, nothing powerful.

This falls into my "Wal-Mart" peeve. I live in the South, and sure enough, you see at least 10 people you know every time you go to Wal-Mart. I might wave, may speak a bit, but there are people who stop their carts in the aisles and have coversations.

Then, they get ticked off if you ask them, politely, to move so that you can get by. Drives me crazy....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
5. I cannot stand when people smack while they eat. OMG that drives me crazy.

4. People who ask my what book I am reading when I am reading it. If I wanted to talk to someone I would not be reading. Then they ask you why you reading it. WTF because I like to read.

3. Kids that tell their parents NO or slap their parents. OMG they are the parents and let their kids treat them that way.

2. Really stupid people. The kind that makes you think how in the hell that sperm find its way to the egg. Just think that sperm was the smart one.

1. People who seem to forget how to drive in the rain. People around here thinks it is a good Idea to slam on the brakes when the road is wet. Ok lets see how many people I can take out today.

Just a few might think of some more later.

:bnghd::bash:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
1. mean people.who make fun of other people.tease,be rude,act like a bully.
love making them suffer in anyway possible
2. mean girls who think theyr goddess and insult,think less of you
if i had a neutron bomb set on theyr type...
3. i hate being bored...
4. nagging....and annoyance
5. being jealous

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unisol

Women can be goddesses without being thinking they are better than anyone or insulting anyone.... We can multi-task.

I am with you on the boredom part and the nagging. Me and my guy have a deal: he keeps me entertained and I don't nag.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
* people who chew with their mouths open. Not only can i see what's in your mouth, but I can hear it, and you people need to learn some manners or something. I don't care if you're in the comfort of your own home... ITS JUST PLAIN GROSS!!!

* EMO-PEOPLE! Seriously, I hate the dressing in black and mourning thyself-bit. Stop being a martyr. The world is filled with bad things, so get over it like the rest of us do. If you're sad all the time, then you'll miss out on the good stuff, too. Experiencing the bad stuff like loss, and pain is what makes the good stuff worth-while. SO KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY!

* HOT-TOPIC... EMO-PEOPLE SHOP THERE! AND IT SMELLS LIKE A PLASTIC HALLOWEEN STORE!!!! LOOKS LIKE ONE, TOO

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How about high-maintenance people who have tons of trivial pet-peeves?

ok... i might just be one of you...

I too hate with a passion:
People who smack when they eat.
People with short attention spans.
Crying/demanding babies/toddlers in malls, theaters, zoos, parks...
...anywhere i'm trying to relax and have a good time.
Condescending clueless infantile simpletons.
Self-absorbed, selfish, shallow masses.
Uptight, prissy, pointless, gossips.
Social-climbing, ego-stroking Yuppies.
Fundamentalists of all religions, nationalities, strips and colors.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

I can pretty much agree with all of that, even though I do have a short attention span. I can't get through a movie without stopping it 5 or 6 times over the span of a day or two. But, give me a book and I won't put it down until I stop.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Lets see... this goes good with the 'Who Would You Smack' thread...

1)Stupid Men
2)Stupid Women
3)Stupid Men
4)Lying Men
5)Men Who are stupid and lie...

I think that covers it...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by caitlinfae

And the smells.....oh, do I understand.

Another pet peeve....women who smell like they bathe in cheap, heavy, stinky perfume. Can these women not smell themselves??? It is enough to make me sick.....

Totally agree, men too. I work with a guy and you know he is in the lab before you even see him.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Where do you start!
5/ People who call themselves "One" when they're talking to friends.
"One wouldn't look at her twice usually but the wine was flowing. . . " Arghhhhh!
4/Politicians. They're all out for themselves and aren't to be trusted. The world would be a better place if politics was banned!
3/ Virginmedia helplines! That bad and slow that they now give you an option to what sort of music you would like to listen to while the bas**ards keep you on hold for hours.
2/Spiders! I'm a terrible arachnophobe. Just the sight of one of these eight legged creepy crawlies sends me running for the door. Hate them.
"And number one has to be...
1/Drivers who reach a junction, stop and then decide to use their indicators to turn either left or right! When I come to power these people will be rounded up and publickly flogged. . .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join