It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Pet Peeves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am starting this because I just ran into several of my pet peeves on a rare Saturday morning and needed to vent and rant!!

What just really gets under your skin? What sets you off? What are the little things that just drive you crazy?

Here are my top five:

5: A stray, shedded hair: now, this is just me, and I have long hair. Everyone sheds, just like a dog. But, it drives me nuts when I shed, and there is one hair that is touching my skin. I know it is there, I can feel it, my skin is crawling, but I can't find it!!! Stupid peeve, but it drives me crazy.

4. Bad grammar/spelling/punctuation: I am a stickler for these things, and I guess a internet board is a bad place to be if someone has a problem with this. But, is it so difficult to grab a dictionary or even use spell and grammar check???

3. Door to door solicitors of any kind: my house, my space, don't bug me. I especially can't stand the ones that come to the door and ramble on and on, even when you close the door on them....they just talk louder.

Wal-Mart: everything about it and everything I have to deal with when I go....from the parking lot to the check-out line.

1. People who drive with their turn signals on when they never have any intention of turning: need I say more???

I have more, but those are the ones that get to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Top 5 Pet-Peeves

1.) Bad Drivers of all types, get stuck in this category.
- Driving with their signal light on for 10 freakin' miles before they realize its on
- Cell Phone Talkers! If you have to talk, buy a blue-tooth!
- The "I'll drive reallllllly fast to pass you, then slow down as soon as I'm in front of you types."
- People who park far too close to my car, so I can't get in

- The Big lifted trucks in Alberta - I HATE them.

2.) I also despise hair... Especially after a shower. I HATE the feeling of stray hair. I hate seeing the hair in the shower, or in the sink too... ick.

3.) Getting up in the morning to have cereal -only to find that the Milk has solidified in the fridge. AND its got 2 weeks left on the due date! (Beware of Soymilk!)

4.) The telephone. I've grown to despise my cellphone. Mostly, because its always ringing/vibrating from textmessages/phonecalls. I worked at a Hotel where the phone was always ringing too. I hate telephones.
4b.) Telemarketers. "I'm sorry Mr Smith is not available to talk to you, however, he is in Africa right now researching the Ebola Virus. Have you ever heard of the Ebola Virus, what did you say your name was?" That usually does the trick. *CLICK*

5.) Cold. I hate being cold. The kind of cold where you can't get warm. The kind of cold that you have to live in a Hot Bath for like 18 years in order to get warm. The Chill you to the bone Cold....

I also have lots more - however - I don't want to be complaining. LOL.

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
haha you girls are killing me! I also hate the stray hair crawling all over me and no matter how many times i try to grab it away it gets away from me! How does know? I despise telemarketers ,I just hang up on them,and what's with the robot telemarketers? I can't stand saliva so I hate it if dogs lick me or babies drool on me,or men chew tobacco and spit in a cup,Gawd! so Gross!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
OMG! This is too funny.....we are all sooooo alike!

1) The hair thing is my biggest pet peeve of them all!! Tell me why people, especially women, cannot even look at their backs, just reach around and pull their shirt a little to check for THE HAIRS after they blow dry, brush and style? I mean, if they are going to take the time to fix their hair then why in the phookin (thanks lateapexer313) heck (T&C) won't they take one minute to check their backs. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:shk:

2) Then there is the hair that gets wrapped around your thumb when you are washing your hair in the shower, gross. I could go on and on.

3) People who wear black socks with tennis shoes. News flash, they don't go together....

Enough said about that.

4) Water spots. (ok, ocd kicking in) I hate water spots on dishes, counter tops, the sink.....on and on.

5) Great big 4-wheel drive trucks that come barreling up behind me and my "CHILD TOTING MINI VAN" in the winter when the roads are slick after a good snow. :curse: jerks! I like to go reeeeeeeeally slooooooow in front of them. HA!

(Thank you skeptic1. Whoo, I feel better now. ) Rush

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Got another one: People that call and all that shows up is "Unknown" on the caller ID. Then my machine picks up (because I don't know "Unknown" and have no desire to talk to them) and they holler out "Hello?? HELLO!?!?!?!"; face it "Unknown", I don't want to talk to you and neither does the machine.

And, there is always the inappropriate parents with inappropriate kids in inappropriate places......I just want to grab the parents and the kids and

And, there are plenty of boyfriend/husband peeves, but since he is sitting across from me right now, I'll get to those later.....when he isn't looking and being nosey.

Oh God....the black socks get me, too. Especially with very white, skinny legs and sandals..... Don't people have mirrors??? :shk::shk:

[edit on 10/4/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
People who take an hour to pay for like five things at the grocery store express lane! Their checks are no good so they get out a credit card that's no good then they try food stamps but they don't have the proper ID AAAHHHHH! Why don't they have their own really slow line?

I have long hair and it's so heavy it gives me a headache but I don't cut it! what's wrong with me?:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
And, there are plenty of boyfriend/husband peeves, but since he is sitting across from me right now,

Oh jeez, you too huh? Don't even get me started on the annoying husband things, my fingers would cramp from all the typing I'd have to do for that post.

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
People who take an hour to pay for like five things at the grocery store express lane!

Hilarious, that happened to me today in the U-scan lane. Two of the four were closed and this one lady had at least a weeks worth of groceries in the flippin u-scan lane. Come on! And she was in nooooooo hurry. UG!

I have long hair and it's so heavy it gives me a headache but I don't cut it! what's wrong with me?:bnghd:

Oh you should get a new cut then. I'll bet that you would love it! I always feel so good after a new cut and style.

Rush

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Five pet peeves that come to mind... (in no particular order)

• Driving: anything to do with driving. When people drive twenty clicks under the posted speed limit or come to a complete stop before making a turn, even though there is no traffic obstructing their turn. I understand the need to keep the vehicle on four wheels, but do we really need to come to a complete stop in order to make the turn? Or people stopped at red lights where they can be turning right, but sit there like an idiot. This happened yesterday and the guy was on a cell phone, which is now illegal in my province.

• Tardiness: if a time is specified, be there. If you can not be there when you have arranged, make a simple phone call to let the people know that you are running behind.

• Condescension: nobody deserves to be talked down to for any reason. When I see this directed towards myself or anyone else, I typically express my frustration for the act. It's unnecessary and is completely self-serving.

• The "One Upper": people that need to remind you that whatever they have or have done is always at least a little bit better than you. More often than not these examples are obvious manipulations of the truth, however even when they are not, this is the perfect example of someone who doesn't listen. Rather than responding to what someone has had to say, they quickly fire back with a story of their own that is a little bit better.

• Messiness: while I am guilty of this one from time to time due to my work schedule, it is a major peeve of mine when my own surroundings are messy. Messy and dirty are completely different and I'm not talking about dirt because that really shouldn't be a pet peeve. But when I come home from work and the place has been turned upside down with papers everywhere or something stupid as cups being left on the counter rather than put in the dishwasher. When it would take 2 seconds to put away or put in its proper location, do it.

• posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
    link   

Originally posted by chissler
  • Messiness: while I am guilty of this one from time to time due to my work schedule, it is a major peeve of mine when my own surroundings are messy. ... But when I come home from work and the place has been turned upside down with papers everywhere or something stupid as cups being left on the counter rather than put in the dishwasher. When it would take 2 seconds to put away or put in its proper location, do it.

• I'm in love...........and yes, this is a one-liner!

Rush

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
    link   
    reply to post by hsur2112

Boyfriend went to take a shower...so here are a few:

1. Leaving the toilet seat up!!! Don't they realize we can fall in and drown that way??

2. Leaving wet towels on the floor.....just nasty.

3. Leaving his clothes everywhere....I am not his maid nor his mother.

And the worst...

4. If he is not satisfied with his razor....HE USES MINE!!!!
    That just isn't right. At least he doesn't use my tooth brush anymore....I had to buy about 10 to break him of that habit, but he finally got the hint.

We women are strange creatures; we have systems, we have rules. No one should be allowed to challenge them or mess with them.

Although....men do have their good points. I task mine with carrying heavy objects and killing bugs. Men have to kill the bugs!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:05 PM
    link   
    reply to post by skeptic1

Amen sista!!

I'll see you those and raise you...

--Using my deoderant when he runs out. Ick!
    --My pillows.......are MY pillows (the hair thing, remember).
    --He NEVER puts a new roll of toilet paper on the thing, he just sets it on top. Seriously, is that necessary?

Rush

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:22 PM
    link   
    reply to post by hsur2112

The deoderant part is just sick....unless it's aerosol, but even then, it is just sick.

The pillow, totally understandable. My pillow is my pillow, his is his. Never shall the two mix or be exchanged or used by the other.

The toilet paper....I think that is just genetic.

Another one (not the man this time) is the bass level on music. It drives me to drink
    when a car drives by with the bass set so high that it shakes MY car. I also have neighbors that suffer from this disorder....my walls shake, my floors shake, my dog is driven to howl. It is so inconsiderate and rude!!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:03 PM
    link   
    Gee wiz, you women need to chill out, you're complaining too much...

Which brings me to my "pet peeves".

1. Bikers: No offense to bikers, but most of them have this incredibly ignorant mentality, they think they're bad to the bone and think that doing drugs, not bathing, smoking, drinking and wearing leather is somehow unique, cool or something that I just can't put into words. They're vile and annoying people and there machines are needlessly loud, they make them loud, I need my sleep, I don't want to be woken up by some retarded brainless idiot who thinks he's cool because he wears leather and rides on a loud annoying piece of crap machine.
    Now that I said that, I do have some friends that ride motorcycles, but they don't act like the morons most bikers act like.

2. Stereotypes: Really, it's do annoying, white people acting the way they're stereotype says for them to act, the same with blacks, asians, ect.

3. Rednecks: I can't stand the whole, Git R' Done, redneck fad/trend bs. How is it cool or productive to be an idiot? All rednecks are idiots, that's the basis of the whole redneck idiology, with there big, loud, gas gussling trucks, there lack of bathing, the fact that they actually take pride in being stupid idiots.

[edit to add]

4. Women meeting each other: Yo know that super retarded thing women do when they meet each other again, like maybe after a long time of not seeing each other or whatever? They see each other and then start bouncing up and down screaming with glee and then run in baby steps to each other with there arms open, it's like estrogen to the tenth power or something, I hate that thing they do with a passion.

-Jimmy

[edit on 5-10-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
    link   
    We aren't complaining; we are just venting.

I have to agree with you on stereotypes. It gets old.

And, I am a woman, and I couldn't agree more about women meeting each other. I see no need to do a stupid little dance and squeal and gush. It is embarassing to me to see others of my gender revert to acting like they are in the 1st grade.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:16 PM
    link   
    You're Pet-Peevees: Boyfried Edition? So glad I didn't miss out on this one!!! My ex used to do a lot of things that annoyed me...

1.) Clothes. The Laundry basket is there for a reason. Dropping your socks beside the basket, is not, the same as in it. I do my laundry when the basket gets full, if you'd like yours done too, put it in the basket, and I'll be happy to do it with mine. Otherwise, keep putting it on the floor, and you can do it yourself.

2.) Bathroom Sink. The bathroom Sink is not a playground for facial hair. When your done shaving, be courteous, and rinse out the sink.

3.) Toilet Paper - Why not just put it on the freakin roll? It's not like you're doing something that requires a ton of attention, it's not like your solving the worlds problems (maybe you are?). You're probably reading, so take the extra 5 seconds and put it on the roll. Please and Thank you.

4.) Toothpaste. Please don't use my toothpaste: If you're going to squeeze it in the middle of the tube, If you're going to leave the lid off.....etc...

5.) Dishes. We have a dishwasher for a reason - to put all the dirty dishes, so that when we both leave for work we can turn it on, and when we get home, the dishes will be magically done. So, please, do me/you/we/us/mankind a favor and not leave your dishes - UNDER the couch??? What, are you hiding the plate? No? Well then put it in the dishwasher!

Oh I love being Single again. It's awesome.

Another one of my pet-peeves, not necessarily boyfriend related.... Is Pens. Pens without Lids. I think i might have a touch of OCD or something, because I simply can not write with pens that don't have lids. I will start writing, and all I can think about is: "where the heck did that lid go?" And so, the pen is rendered to be useless and stuck in a drawer so that the non-crazies can use them. Instead of me throwing them out...

I've learned that "Just because the Pen doesnt have a lid, doesn't mean it doesn't work." and my arguement of "A pen without a lid is as useful as a pen without ink" isn't necessarily true.

- Carrot

[edit on 10/5/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
    link   
    OMG OMG OMG OMG CARROT........bounce bounce hug hug another bounce........OMG OMG OMG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......runs in baby steps with arms open wide........OMG OMG.....kiss kiss........I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN LIKE A DAY.....................OMG OMG.............bounce.

Sorry jimmy.....I couldn't resist!

I agree #1 - 6 Carrot! OCD works for me, I understand the pen with no lid thing. But,
    , I had to let go of about 90% of my OCD when I had kids. It still rears it's organized head now and then, like right now, I'm sitting on my bed which didn't get made today, I'm ok......it's not like I'm not getting into in about five hours anyway...........hmmmm.............the pillows.....I'm o.....um.......be right back.

Ok I feel better now.

Originally posted by CA_Orot
    Oh I love being Single again. It's awesome.

Sure, rub it in why don't ya!

Rush

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:54 PM
    link   
    Ah ladies thank you so much....I needed this. badly....an oasis of reality and reason....the female kind of course...there is no other...

Firstly, a lot of what has be written here echoes very closely what winds me up...the hair, the laundry, the mess....but there is my exclusive list....join in please!

Firstly....Sink Sculptures. You know what I mean...you come home from a long hard day at work and husband has build you a real work of art in the kitchen sink with all the dishes in the house, and all the mugs, and even some cutlery that you forgot you had. Like he's had 14 breakfasts, and then invited all his mates round for lunch, and it's all in the sink. And if something has been cooked from scratch, I can guarantee that every pan in the house will be dirty....maybe one or two will be burned just for good measure....he's a fabulous cook...really fabulous...but who else do you know who can burn rice for god's sake?

Secondly...Sticky socks...going back to the laundry issue for a moment, but husbands way of removeing his socks is to stand on the other foot...the sock bit...and pull his feet out of them, sticking them to the carpet....messy and NOT SEXY!! Of course they are left there to fester unless I pick them up, or the dog gets them.

Third...Bad smells...I have a very sensitive nose and everything from cigarettes to unwashed hair to greasy kitchens gets to me. It's got to smell clean or it isn't clean.

Which brings me to number four....dirty things...I love to clean, and I think I married the messiest person in the Universe...not that I would change him for anything, but I wish when I asked the Universe to bring me my dream that I remembered to ask for TIDY!

Number five....this could be an endless list, but I will go with weekends, cos it's Sunday, and because they are never long enough....three days feels about right to me....or four...four would be lovely....it takes me till Sunday might to recover from the last week of work.

thank you again...I feel much better now....!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
    link   
    reply to post by caitlinfae

I am with you on #1-4!!!

Totally understand the dish thing. I hate it when I do the dishes and kind of stack them on the left side of the (double) sink to air dry and then later in the evening hubby comes along and puts his dirty dishes on top of my clean ones. What the heck?

This thread should really serve as a wake up call to all the hubbys and boyfriends out there on how to make your wife/girlfriend just a little happier....and the happier the women the better.............uh, you get the picture.

Ok, but I love Sundays, know why?......the kids go back to school on Monday!!!

Rush

[edit on 5-10-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:08 PM
    link   
    reply to post by caitlinfae

I am with you on the weekends!!

With my work schedule, I get every other Friday off, so I get 2 three day weekends per month, and it is oh-so-nice. Next weekend will be a 4 day weekend, so I am looking forward to that!!

And the smells.....oh, do I understand.

Another pet peeve....women who smell like they bathe in cheap, heavy, stinky perfume. Can these women not smell themselves??? It is enough to make me sick.....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:22 PM
    link   
    My god I have regained sanity!
    I thought the hair thing was only me!
    My hair goes about 2/3 down my back and I can't stand it when it tickles the backs of my arms. Makes me think a spider is crawling on me or something.
    EEEK!
    As for all my other pet peeves..
    too many to put into a short list.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join