Was Isaac an Egyptian?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

that would nullify all three abrahamic religions at once in the eyes of some, wouldn't it? oh boy, i bet some folks out there would love that. some people have a real bad case of anti-abraham, don't ya think? it's fascinating and disturbing at the same time.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Not so much the details of Isaac but more so of the type of god that wanted to claim Isaac and make a nation out of him. I deeply struggle with the masses believing that God, the center point of all living things....needed blood from animals and ordered men to kill for him. This I believe is the deception.

Mabey this is why Im not so bothered talking about Isaac possibly not being Abrahams son, because I see much bigger deceptions and much more heritic ideas...according to most anyways. I am prepared, in a sense, to defend that God, the father of all things, is not a wrathful God who brings us to thee out of fear and seperation.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Thanks for your acknowledgments...I do seem to get my feathers ruffled easily sometimes too. And two years ago, I would probally be having the same arguement with someone and I would of been defending the exact same thing you are defending now.

The last two years of my life has been really wild. It all has led me to study many things. I always use the Bible as a main source, truly I do. I know it must sound odd that I talk against things in the Bible but I fnd truth in the Bible...its simple as this...if there is love, I see God. If there is hate, I dont see thee.

I am more worried that I am blaspheming Thee if I say I believe our Father is wrathful and ordered man to kill for him then I am worried about Israel not meaning what we think it means.

Many people's lives have been wild over the last two years. We are all living in a very trying time. Noone talks about it face to face, its very personal. And because you revealed that the wild ride you've been on, it makes more sense that you would understand why the answer to the OPs question is No. You were kicked out of Pharoah's Egypt two years ago because you are not of Egypt. Just like Isaac.

I defend it because I know it is true. Everyday I give my newborn son milk and hold him in my arms until he falls asleep, I know that I know what I am talking about and I share it with others. By force of words if necessary.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Not so much the details of Isaac but more so of the type of god that wanted to claim Isaac and make a nation out of him. I deeply struggle with the masses believing that God, the center point of all living things....needed blood from animals and ordered men to kill for him. This I believe is the deception.

Mabey this is why Im not so bothered talking about Isaac possibly not being Abrahams son, because I see much bigger deceptions and much more heritic ideas...according to most anyways. I am prepared, in a sense, to defend that God, the father of all things, is not a wrathful God who brings us to thee out of fear and seperation.

You are probably right about the manner of worship. Animal sacrifice and such. I don't know. But to me that is the small stuff and as small as it may seem with regards to Isaac's paternity that is the big deception.

Through that deception logically comes the conclusion that God is not your Father. That is terror.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

See I dont see it as the whole idea falling onto the truth of Abraham...I see it falling on the wrathful God type in the Old Testement. It took me a while to come full circle in this but I dont see me turning back to those old beliefs of main stream where we make excuses and justification for such horrible stories.

What if the Most High Vibration of all things didnt bring that wrath apone those in the lands he promised to the Israelites. What if the one making the promises and the orders was not one that will bring down the final cutain. What if we are supposed to know somehow, from within our own hearts....that these things are not of the nature of God.

Really this topic would deserve another thread...but still I want to point out, the importance I see for the bigger picture is way past Abraham. Abraham might be a good start though. I for one feel that if there is such a deception on the surface for the blinded to follow, then as well there is a path also, for the seeker to find. I dont think its all deception, I think a divine message is woven in and out of the wrathful teachings. I wouldnt put it pass man or an advasary if you will to do such things and I wouldnt under estimate God in thinking thee wouldnt make a path for the ones who seek it.

If we are like gods, knowing good and evil, and if Jesus was right about us being able to know a vine by its seed....should we not be also looking at the vine of the stories about what God is...will we know the vine of God by thees seed. If its a vine of wrath, could it be a seed of hate. If its a vine of mercy and grace, could it be a seed of love. This is my idea of thinking anyways....

and yeah...it sure rocks the boat a bit, but the water does settle.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

that would nullify all three abrahamic religions at once in the eyes of some, wouldn't it? oh boy, i bet some folks out there would love that. some people have a real bad case of anti-abraham, don't ya think? it's fascinating and disturbing at the same time.

And 4 Billion people would be vaporized. That OPs question properly used is a WMD. Whether its true or only believed to be true.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

only four billion? doesn't sound like a big enough number to cover all three.
by the way, over the last 30 years, there's a been a huge holocaust against female humans on this planet. just for the record. people are trying to ignore it but it's not going to go away anytime soon. in fact, it's getting worse.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

only four billion? doesn't sound like a big enough number to cover all three.
by the way, over the last 30 years, there's a been a huge holocaust against female humans on this planet. just for the record. people are trying to ignore it but it's not going to go away anytime soon. in fact, it's getting worse.

For me its irrelevant its going to end sooner than you think.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

How in the world do you figure that God would not be my father or anyone elses father for the matter. There is one Father of all things.

What if by you claiming the Bible as Gods word, you claim God as blood on his hands. What if that is the worst thing you could do in thees eyes.

Studying the stories of the Bible and wondering if there is more truth then what meets the simple mans eye is not making me NOT a child of God. I am sorry, but I take great offense in what you say. I would never tell anyone that God is not their Father....in fact, I will tell anyone till my last breath, they are loved more then they can imagine.

You see, the Bible that tells us not to judge, makes us do just that...it makes us judge, just as you did. Kinda like the do not kill thing, it says not to do it, then justfies itself in doing it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

and if it doesn't end soon? wouldn't you hate to find out, 20 years later, that you and billions of other people sat around and complacently shrugged their shoulders while half the female population of the planet was wiped out (and in some cases, in the most gruesome ways you can imagine)?

i seem to recall men being given the responsibility to care for and love their women folk, the invalid, the elderly, and most certainly the infants, children and conceived. just because they're female, we can ignore it cause the world might end tomorrow anyway?

this is confusing for me.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

How in the world do you figure that God would not be my father or anyone elses father for the matter. There is one Father of all things.

What if by you claiming the Bible as Gods word, you claim God as blood on his hands. What if that is the worst thing you could do in thees eyes.

Studying the stories of the Bible and wondering if there is more truth then what meets the simple mans eye is not making me NOT a child of God. I am sorry, but I take great offense in what you say. I would never tell anyone that God is not their Father....in fact, I will tell anyone till my last breath, they are loved more then they can imagine.

You see, the Bible that tells us not to judge, makes us do just that...it makes us judge, just as you did. Kinda like the do not kill thing, it says not to do it, then justfies itself in doing it.

that's the case and point right there LEOnard, on a forum dedicated to denying ignorance i do not see how people could not understand questioning something and believing parts of it at the same time. it doesn't have to be right or left, black or white, there are things in the bible that are undeniable truths in my heart, and also parts that deny any thype of reasonable thought at all. this thread is very important and valued in my book, i keep checking and rechecking.
bro

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Land of Entrapment...Is that New Mexico? I was there about 3 years ago. Its funny that you are such a skeptic, it was in New Mexico that I accepted without a doubt the existence of a great war between light and darkness.

Yes, you guessed correctly. I am in NM. I am a skeptic on some issues and never take the easy and soft road of blind acceptance. I had to do that for too many years to count when I was part of religion.

I am not questioning a spiritual war, that is evident for anyone with their eyes open. How much of it involves other planetary systems and its life coming here I would question, but not dismiss.

Do I think that there is a possibility that Isaac was born of royal Egyptian blood? It makes sense in the convoluted scheme of things related to the Bible and could be another hidden clue coming forward. It is something to ponder on, anyway.

A lot of this discussion falls into: "It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside and enigma." - Sir Winston Churchill

So it is fun seeing possibilities unfold!!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

That's not what I said nor could it be easily implied that that was what I meant.

Its not God who turns on us, but we who turn on God. By believing a lie to be true you turn your back on God. For your information I have had my own experiences as well and I am my own counsel as to what the Bible is trying to tell the world.

But this has turned into a situation where you're trying to win something not worth winning and I won't waste my time, good luck. Most of what the Bible says is true, I learn that just coming on to this thread.

Take as much offense as you like.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
And how much more strange does the Isaac story get? Very...

Isaac fathers twins, the first, Esau is the love of Isaac and Isaac believes that Esau is the rightful firstborn. The wife, Rebekah loves Jacob more and tricks Isaac in giving the blessings to Jacob and not Esau. Yes, I know, Esau sold his birthright for some soup. Still, this doesnt seem to affect Isaac in thinking Esau should have the blessings as the first born.

So the twelve tribes were made out of the son that helped his mother trick his father? This is the work of a Almighty Most High? What ever happened to Esau?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

and if it doesn't end soon? wouldn't you hate to find out, 20 years later, that you and billions of other people sat around and complacently shrugged their shoulders while half the female population of the planet was wiped out (and in some cases, in the most gruesome ways you can imagine)?

i seem to recall men being given the responsibility to care for and love their women folk, the invalid, the elderly, and most certainly the infants, children and conceived. just because they're female, we can ignore it cause the world might end tomorrow anyway?

this is confusing for me.

"And the ten horns that you saw, they and the beast will hate the harlot; they will make her desolate and naked, and devour her flesh and burn her up with fire, for God has put it into their hearts to carry out his purpose by being of one mind and giving over their royal power to the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled" (17:16–17).

It shouldn't be confusing at all. Everyone has been told exactly what was going to happen and it will end in 9 days.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Hey, very few get away with calling me Leonard....who is your leader?

*laughs* oh its you...

Thanks for the support,
sis

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I agree with you very much so that is the people that turn from God. God awaits, to see if we will come to know thee.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

the harlot is not women, it's a religion.
what makes it a harlot is following after other gods and idol worship, oh and killing christians in the name of Christ.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
How sad would it be though, if God comes to claim a harvest of his lights and he finds that none know thee. What if God says, since you do not know me, I can not know you. That is scary to me....more scary then the idea that I might not take the Bible word for word.

Could revelation be talking about the Old Serpent who deceived the millions in thinking God required the old ways of worship by using the original traditional days of offerings. Were the offerings of the wheat, barley and fruit ever supposed to of stopped and get turned into the bloody pass over? Seriously, what if the masses are truly deceived? Then it would be true, only few are chosen...only few see and hear.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

the harlot is not women, it's a religion.
what makes it a harlot is following after other gods and idol worship, oh and killing christians in the name of Christ.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by undo]

The news stories you are hearing about with all the dead women is symbolism.

Its the Beast hating the whore. It weird that you are discussing this while the Movie the Brave One is playing on HBO. The movie is symbolism to communicate a complex topic.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by bruxfain]

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join