It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Isaac an Egyptian?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
truly watership down offers some insight. check out and wiki richards garriotts tabula rasa game. its a transposed religion and world myth or fact depending on your belief, turned sci fi alien. to me the meaning of life is finding out gods true name...and/or the true name of 'god'. when ever i go down the path of what ifs with the bible it everything in it turns to confusion and contradiction...which in itself leads me to believe that the number codes theirin are more tightly woven to its composition, than any other book in history. sumthin a computer could spit out if given the right programing. i can feel it in my soul the spirit stirring within, i need no faith to know we are at the end.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i'd like to make a brief tangent here, about a subject i saw on the net one day. it was during the course of a discussion about the temple of solomon. the gentleman in question claimed it was a model of the human body and that the holy of holies was the brain. the two hemispheres of the brain were the cherubim on the ark, and the ark was the third eye. it kinda stunned me for a moment because he really had my interest piqued about the subject till he added the third eye concept. i had always been taught that the third eye was occult, and that as a christian, occultic concepts such as that were off limits.

since the believer had become the temple, this meant the ark of the covenant was symbollically in our brains, just as it had been literally in solomon's temple.
yet, i noticed when i had a particularly strong prayer that i didn't feel anything coming from the front of my head, but right out of the top of my skull, like a powerful flow of energy coming from the top of my skull, which caused me to kind of sway a bit (without noticing it till after a minute or so). so i assumed that was not the "third eye" but simply some physiologically reaction i was having to such a strong emotional prayer. i normally don't have a physical reaction to prayer other than one of peace or humility or joy, so the few times that has happened have always been a bit of a surprise, and i never quite knew what to make of it.

so the question is, what's that flow of energy?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
LV, I finished reading the lengthy other link you provided. The author contradicted himself a couple of times. (They didn't kill cows because it was too hot in Egypt to eat beef/They ate calf heads). That's just one of the contradictions I found in that piece. There were others.

He didn't give a lot of time frames for reference so when he states that the Hebrews had a lot of the same practices as Egyptians, he neglects to mention that: the Hebrews lived in Egypt for over 400 years; that a Hebrew was second in command of Egypt for a while; that Moses, while raised in Pharoah's household, was essentially raised by his own mother and surely told the history of his people. All of which does not prove but certainly suggests that the Egyptians could have copied some of the culture from the Hebrews rather than the other way around.

He then goes on to say that (mainly) Catholicism adopted the practices, doctrines, ideaologies of Egyptian myth. I agree with this somewhat as Catholicism incorporated several pagan religious practices into its eschatology. The insinuation is that Christianity is a copycat religion based on pagan practices of Egypt. I disagree. Christianity's root religion is Judaism. Judaism fell into many pagan practices for which Moses and the prophets scolded them harshly. The Egyptians couldn't make up their minds which gods/goddesses/practices they believed in and were always adding to or changing their current system. The Hebrew religion probably seemed pretty stable to the Egyptians and they may have incorporated the practices of the successful members of their land into their own practices.

In my futile attempt to make this a brief post, I have probably not made myself as clear as I hoped.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well, if I might, I think that energy is wisdom. It's the reason Buddha's are represented with bumps on their heads. It's what symbolizes the character of Solomon, both esoteric and rational. As long as you are keen to the insights that enlightenment brings . . .

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

As long as you are keen to the insights that enlightenment brings . . .

which suggests what? that i maybe was taught something and didn't recognize it? do you have an impression of me that would lead you to think i wouldn't recognize wisdom if it was given to me? i'm curious where that's coming from.
don't you find it a bit odd that so many people are going around these days, telling everyone else that they're dumb or unenlightened, or what have you? what's that all about? i have yet to assume or suggest that anyone in this thread is less than intelligent and i certainly haven't attacked anyone's current religious philosophy, only historical premises are under scrutiny, not the individual or their root philosophy.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

As long as you are keen to the insights that enlightenment brings . . .

which suggests what? that i maybe was taught something and didn't recognize it? do you have an impression of me that would lead you to think i wouldn't recognize wisdom if it was given to me? i'm curious where that's coming from.
don't you find it a bit odd that so many people are going around these days, telling everyone else that they're dumb or unenlightened, or what have you? what's that all about? i have yet to assume or suggest that anyone in this thread is less than intelligent and i certainly haven't attacked anyone's current religious philosophy, only historical premises are under scrutiny, not the individual or their root philosophy.

Wow . . . that's not what I was suggesting at all. I realize I have a straight forward writing style, but I don't see why you are reading being talked down to. I'm sorry I conveyed that tone.

I'm just saying you got to be keen to that wisdom . . . You're right. I don't know you and wasn't taking a shot at you at all. I was offering my opinion on what you offered up to postulation.

peace

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

it was an unfinished thought, followed by "....", so i was just sorta waiting for the thought to finish but it didn't. it just stopped there with this open end, as if to say, 'well i'd say more but i rather doubt you'd understand it." maybe i'm overly sensitive to the conversation in this thread, seeing as how i've been under some pretty heavy fire power from one of the posters. i apologize for taking that sensitivity out on you. misdirected aggression, t'would seem.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

reply to post by bruxfain

can you describe what you saw?
that would make an interesting book, short story, speech, interview, whatever.

Before I write about what I saw, I want to explain why I know the Bible is true.

Many of you are obviously familiar with all things Egyptian, so your are certainly familiar with the story of Osiris and Set. For those not familiar with the myth it can be googled and a dozen versions will be at your disposal.

In the story Set fashions an eloborate jewel encrusted coffin built specifically for Osiris. After obtaining Osiris's MEASUREMENTS the coffin was built and only Osiris could fit it.

The Bible is analogous to the Set coffin. The compilers of the Bible, the High Priest Set (False Prophet), the Ethiopian Queen Aso (Whore) and his 72 co-conspirators (the Beast), sought out and obtained the story of God's only man and put the books together (Rebuilding of the Temple), knowing that the Son of God would see it and realize that it was a perfect match to the story of his life, just as the jewel encrusted coffin (The Bride) was a perfect fit to Osiris. Once he gets in they can close it shut and finally be rid of him.

So my assertion that the stories of the Bible are true is based on the necessity for it to be true. If it were not true it would be a worthless tool for evil men. So, it is not the Bible that is false but the hearts of the men who composed it that is false. Nevertheless, even Evil in the course of its evil can be made to do God's work.

For the humble soul then what to do, if it is all rejected out of hand then the King rejects his wife, his people, his house and his mandate given to him by God. His Children are left to be devoured by the wild animals. If he gets in, the top is slammed shut, sealed with molten lead and he is thrown into the river to die. His Children are left to be devoured by the wild animals. If he destroys it, he is remembered as a blood thirsty killer; a man who killed his wife and children.

So, is this not what the Serpent promised to Adam and Eve? That your eyes will be opened. That you would come to know Good and Evil. the Serpent never had any intention of his plots to be uncovered or on delivering on any of its promises.

If you can't see that the Bible is true, then you have suffered for nothing. You will end up searching for something that can never be found, as you've already rejected the truth. Don't fear evil. Just make it pay you what it said it was going to pay you.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Concerning "what I saw".

In my story above I talked about Set and Osiris. After Osiris was murdered and before the arrival of Horus, Egypt was one big hostage situation.

The world today was as recently as three years ago in much the same predicament. This is what I saw. Noone will or can talk about it. You're just a bunch of hostages. I saw the shadow that is superimposed over the real world. The shadow, or veil of darkness, that was erected by...well my top suspects are a rouge priest, a dark queen and their palace guard.

But its really irrelevant because their army has been decimated, their money spent or dispersed, their house burned to the ground and their time running out.

Apparently there are no Hero's left willing to fight a fire-breathing dragon, who also happen's to be on a murderous rampage. How is that for a bed-time story?

[edit on 7-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Eleleth

oh, i see.
so do you know what it should be perceived as?

That is the great and terrible mystery.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly..."

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

do you have an impression of me that would lead you to think i wouldn't recognize wisdom if it was given to me? i'm curious where that's coming from.

I have an impression of you from your lack of capitalization. The impression is that you're a stubborn person who refues to learn from his/her own errors. It's an impression of a person who refuses to acknowledge or learn from their own mistakes. The impression I get is that you constantly make the same errors over and over ignoring the fact that you are wrong.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by born²]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by born²

what errors would that be, pray tell? and how would you know? are you saying my lack of capitalization bothers you that much? did you see a big neon sign that said "ooh wounded animal!" and were attracted to the scent?

(ya never know what you're gonna shake up out of the bushes by showing you have any weakness whatsoever. at the first solid sign of weakness, the predator strikes. we just saw a hit and run, probably from a sock puppet.)

[edit on 7-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

i don't really think God is a reptilian. I mean, He could be, but I doubt it.
i'm more inclined to think that of the many races of beings He's created, reptilians were one and this was their planet. they developed technologically, went out to colonize the other planets/moons in our solar system, and some of them decided to wage war with God. now the question for most people is, how does a flesh being wage war against a spiritual being, like God. so naturally, most believe that all angels, fallen or not, are spirit beings, because how else would they even have access to God?

A bible scholar by the name of Finis Jennings Dake, wrote a huge thesis on this topic and many others, entitled, "GOD'S PLAN FOR MAN." In it, he goes verse by verse, concept by concept through the entire bible. He believes that the planets in our solar system are or at least were, at one time, inhabited by the angels who were the first inhabitants of this planet. This he calls the Angelic Dispensation. So I'm not just pulling this stuff out of a hat, it's backed by scholarly research. He also believes there's a galactic government over which God rules, and this planet is used as a testing ground. Man is currently being tested. This he called the Human Dispensation. The only difference is, he doesn't appear to see the connection between the seraphim and reptilians. The only reason I do, frankly, is the word "seraph" (which see here
cf.blueletterbible.org...) and the artifacts from Sumer and pre-Sumer, and the sumerian texts describing Enki as a "great dragon."

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I would like to keep the whole reptilian and other planet stuff out of this thread, it was brought up which is fine, I love variety....but I think its over taking the thread. If there is no more discussions of this Isaac and Egypt bit, that is fine too...let the thread die if it may. But this has gotten way off topic.

Thanx

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone, close minded and open.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah, I don't think God is a big reptilian, either. I've found that dry humor doesn't translate well on the board. Need more eye-rolling icons.

I'm familiar with Dake's work. I have problems with his conclusions as well but that's a topic for another thread.

Having read your stargates thread, I have great respect for your research. Seriously, you should publish. I'd buy the book even if nothing in it was capitalized.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
I would like to keep the whole reptilian and other planet stuff out of this thread, it was brought up which is fine, I love variety....but I think its over taking the thread. If there is no more discussions of this Isaac and Egypt bit, that is fine too...let the thread die if it may. But this has gotten way off topic.

Thanx

sorry. well i liked talking to you.
start another thread hehe

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

thanks and oh you've read dake? there's some positions he takes i don't agree with either but he's really interesting. i particularly liked his work on the nephilim and the dispensations. i recall him mentioning that the word rephaim (a nephilim race after the flood) suggested they were unresurrectable, which is the first place i had read such a concept. then i noticed it also in sumerian-akkadian texts.

as far as book writing for profit, nooo. i'd do it in a heartbeat if my ideas were more mainstream on this topic, but alas at this point, it's all heavy conjecture and way out theory (by comparison). perhaps once more of our original questions on these topics are answered, it'll be easier to write about, but as long as it hovers on the fringes of acceptable theory, it'll always be treated like wacky trap and that's not the legacy i want to leave to my kids.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Look at Dan Brown's Davinci Code. All conjecture, speculation and imagination mixed in with a few facts. Write it as a novel.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I once saw a photo of the inside of a tomb in Egypt that showed an ark. The photo was to show an assortment of treasures and I remember eyeing the ARK and thinking of a possible connection between the picture and the biblical ark. I think the Old Testament and Egypt are much more connected and or intertwined than some think. Just my very humble opinion. Thanks for the post.

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join