It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Isaac an Egyptian?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

so how do they appear if there's nothing for them to appear as?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Thanks LV for providing the links. Only read the second one so far but the guys logic is seriously flawed. He cites the similarities between Tuthmos III and King David in a particular battle-therefore they must be the same guy. Using that logic, Abraham and Isaac must be the same guy because they both pulled the same "she's my sister" stunt on King Abimilech. Never mind that there's at least 40 years between father's deception and son's deception (even larger time difference between Tuthmos III and King David).

He also mentions that because Zion is a partly Semitic and partly Egyptian word that, gasp!, a Semite (David) used it must mean that David had an Egyptian bloodline. That would be like me saying that because you use the word "Wednesday" (Norse for Odin's day) that you must have a Norse bloodline.

As with most scholars, the research is good but the conclusions are lacking in logic.

Also, the Hebrews were constantly being berated for using Egyptian, Hittite, Assyrian, Canaanite, et al practices. Because the Hebrews used the practices of other cultures is not indicative of their commonality but of their spiritual degredation. Many countries mimic American culture, blue jeans and all, but they are in no way considered Americans.

I'll read the other link you provided after while and get back to you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Like I said WhiteWave, with a grain of salt. I have never in any of my posts refered any specific Biblical names to Egyptian names. Others have done this in posts but I have not.

The first post I posted was simply to pt out the robed with pomegranets on the hem (from Egypt, the priests wore this when entering the Holy of Holies)
And the secound posted link was to show that in Egypt, it was not a unknown thing for their God to be carried in an Ark/box that had powers and was carried on poles that slid ito rings that held up the Ark.

Anyways....

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I do think Mt Zion could very well be in Egypt.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Eleleth

so how do they appear if there's nothing for them to appear as?

I think we are misunderstanding each other. The point is, to recall Plato, what we perceive to be reality may not be what reality truly is.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Great thread but watch out for people who are cloaked Scientologists on this forum, and who want to draw all attention toward the idea of God trapping us here on Earth, and all the early stuff. They want to draw everything into outer space but Jesus was all about inner space. Similarly watch out for the atheists posing as believers, whose job it is to confuse you in inner space.

Both of these adversaries will try to draw people away from what is right in their newspapers and encylopedias and which I am describing, but you must look toward the middle.

I think the video posted in this thread really says it all, and is very, very powerful. I do believe her testimony, but how confusing it all is, eh? I doubt Hubbard or any other wrecker of minds could create such a love and affection and hallucination as seen in this video. No, her feelings and her experiences as described are real. Dare yourself to believe it.

What I am saying in this thread, is that the template for global revolt and change, through sexuality, mental exploration and constructive-cooperative challenges and a fuller understanding of what it means to be human, has already been laid out, 3300 years ago. This was done by Akhenaten (ancestor of Isaac) and continued by his ancestor, Jesus, who was of that Pharonic line. Amarna was a heaven of music, human beauty, and wisdom beyond any the world had seen up to that time. It was destroyed by the military and priestly powers of that day, similar to the powers Jesus faced in his day.

The destroyers of Akhenaten also used the monotheistic power of Aries to block the truth and create a sort of "black sun" which is worshipped by modern occultists of both atheist and spiritual alignment.

Only when you see through the fabrication of those priests around 700bc when the "second temple" was rebuilt. They tried to lie to history and continue to try, saying that Solomon and David existed as some Semetic kings 300 years after Akhenaton and his grandparents and the force behind them. It is an absurd fabricaton on both sides, and the nazi and jew are participating in the greatest stage play ever, with the same black sun powering both sides of the oven into which both Nazi and Jew will be thrown, at various times. It's the same evil which powers that meatgrinder.

People need to let go of the lies which produce mental order and embrace the truths that create mental chaos, because truth may set you free, but just like a bird tossed from a nest, freedom is very, very scary.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

To whom was that comment directed? I don't know who is an atheist or a scientologist or a nazi on this thread.

To me it matters not who did what way back in ancient times. I don't care particularly what their "real" names were. What are we doing today? Chaos IS reigning. People's minds are already full of chaos; it has been thoroughly embraced. It doesn't appear to be as liberating as you suggest.

If I found out tomorrow that we were all descendants of alien reptiles who had genetically manipulated our DNA to make us better slaves for their mining operations, it would still not change my current value system.

Thanks LV for clarifying your position. I do take a lot of that kind of stuff with a large pinch of salt. Real life intrudes at the moment but I'll get back to that other link after while. Interesting subject.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
well said small peeps

Its all about looking within. Make a place for the spirit to dwell, realize we are loved beyond measure, trust your inner spark.
Many are called, few are chosen.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I disagree that any human King has ever in all of Human history produced a Kingdom worth remembrance. They have all been wrong. Only Eden is worthy of our sacrifice and Eden is not something that can achieved by materiality or philosophy. Christ is the descendant of no man, not even Pharaoh or Caeser.

The Garden is only achieveable once impurity has been removed from the human system...Darkness must be removed from the House of Adam and he and his family must live free, only then can man know the true promise.

Men must stop following in the path of Satan. Pharaoh is at most Adam fallen, at worst Satan. Can't you see this. Pharaoh is Satan. Gilgamesh is Satan. Enkidu is Adam fallen. Humbaba is Adam fallen. Tamerlane is Adam fallen. Charlemagne is Adam fallen. Shah is Satan. Khan is Adam fallen and Satan.

Otherwise you'll be left with the emptiness and mortality of the human mind and their attempts to produce false Eden.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
smallpeeps, can you post a cliff's notes version of your thesis?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

I see no value what so ever in your posts. In fact, you took this whole idea, applied it to Ishamel and posted your own thread of 'what ifs'. I think if there is a serpent slithering anywhere, it comes from your intentions. A double edged sword waiting to slice someones spirit.

We are no to be prideful in what we 'know'. We are not to flaunt wisdom. No satan rules me and the Father I believe in did not punish us becuase of what Eve and Adam did. Were you there in the Garden? never mind the question, I really dont need an answer.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

I see no value what so ever in your posts. In fact, you took this whole idea, applied it to Ishamel and posted your own thread of 'what ifs'. I think if there is a serpent slithering anywhere, it comes from your intentions. A double edged sword waiting to slice someones spirit.

We are no to be prideful in what we 'know'. We are not to flaunt wisdom. No satan rules me and the Father I believe in did not punish us becuase of what Eve and Adam did. Were you there in the Garden? never mind the question, I really dont need an answer.

Yes, I did start that thread to illustrate a point. Stop dragging people's culture thru the dirt. Changing geneologies, finding fault, making accusations. It can just as easily happen to you.

If you had any understanding, you'd know the answer to the question you asked. Yes, we were all in the Garden.

Prideful? By jumping in and contributing to a thread in an open forum. Something rules you. The same person who two days ago claimed to be open minded and to be ruled by compassion or such and such.

I am only writing this is a direct response to your comments. My comments were not directed at anyone, nor were you mentioned in the other thread I began to reveal that this thread could be considered anti-semitism.

But if you have a problem with just anyone participating in this discussion perhaps you should have the moderators close the thread. That is your option. I just continuing enjoying the interaction. For all I know I am a Serpent, maybe even a fire breathing dragon on a rampage!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Im still working at this 'give everyone love and hope' in the peacekeepig buisness...

I shouldnt of said 'it has no value' because everyone of ourselves matters and has value. Its just the so 'in the box' god I have issues with.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
reply to post by solomons path

Have you not heard of the Flat Earth Society? Yes, they are alive and well and armed with "scientific data".

Undo has presented interesting (although difficult to fathom) information with links and documentation. I've seen very little of that from other posters making fantastic claims. This is an interesting topic but for the curious among us who are less informed on the topic, could links or documentation of some sort please be presented? I'd just like to know how these conclusions were reached for such unorthodox theories. Thanks.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by whitewave]

Certainly don't want to make this thread out to be a science vs. esotericism but . . . yes I know about the FES and that whole flat earth movement is some of the most ignorant reasoning going . . . completely devoid of actual scientific principals.

Let's just forget for a moment that there is no way a "flat earth" theory can account for actual mappings by mechanical instruments that don't "perceive", as would be the FES argument against man viewing spheres, as opposed to flat . . . OR . . . that it totally discounts forces such as weather, gulf/jet streams, etc . . . so . . .

Prime example as to their lack of understanding of science . . . Gravity. The FLS's big "gotcha" about gravity is the example of one man standing on the north pole and another standing on the south pole . . . forgetting that the earth is on a tilted axis, of course. They claim gravity pulls the NP person towards earth . . . while the SP person should fall because gravity can't pull in two directions at once (totally untrue, as well). Their claim isn't false . . . based on logic, but it shows no understanding of mass and gravitational force. Gravity emminates from the center of a sphered mass . . . so, it pulls both people to the object (towards the magnatized molten iron core) . . . therefore pulling in two directions at once (or really one direction, into the mass) and not allowing someone at the SP to fall into space.

I could go on and on about their flawed logic and absolute ignorance towards physics, but why should I . . . the whole NP/SP thing is at the crux of their argument and already proven false. Plus they show diagrams and talk of theory . . . but, can't produce ONE shred of mathematics to back up any claim. Ignorance . . . deny it!

I'm still interested as to why some feel that the Judiaic Dynasty was actually the lost Heretical Dynasty of the Lower Kingdom . . . I realize that it's a theory/belief . . . but, what is there that "proves" this theory. I've read the links and watched the videos . . . and it still seems like a lot of reaching, reshuffling, omitting, and conjecture to me.

Really . . . I want to understand. I'm not trying to be obtuse . . . I just don't see how they logically span.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Yes, I did start that thread to illustrate a point. Stop dragging people's culture thru the dirt. Changing geneologies, finding fault, making accusations. It can just as easily happen to you.

If you had any understanding, you'd know the answer to the question you asked. Yes, we were all in the Garden.

Prideful? By jumping in and contributing to a thread in an open forum. Something rules you. The same person who two days ago claimed to be open minded and to be ruled by compassion or such and such.

I am only writing this is a direct response to your comments. My comments were not directed at anyone, nor were you mentioned in the other thread I began to reveal that this thread could be considered anti-semitism.

But if you have a problem with just anyone participating in this discussion perhaps you should have the moderators close the thread. That is your option. I just continuing enjoying the interaction. For all I know I am a Serpent, maybe even a fire breathing dragon on a rampage!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by bruxfain]

Prideful is when we boast that we 'know'...saying Im right and your wrong. You are fast to do this. I chose what I figured to be the best forum that discussed 'conspiracies'...so I layed out some ideas of some different what ifs to the main stream religions.

Why conspiracies???? Because that is where my spirit has ended up, seeing truth has been buried. Its the beauty in it, for it can only be sought through a personal relationship with the spirit. My impacted beliefs twisted and turned in my mind. Over time, I began to see, these beliefs/tied to the religion I grew up with...did not dance with my spirit, there was no jive within the soul unless it was about a God of mercy, grace and love.

Through my twisting mind, finding a more humble path about our purpose, my mother experience knocked the kettle over for me. There are many things I question, I dont think I should trust man to be doing that for me. The Holy spirit has a connection to us for a reason. The worlds been debunking religions for a long time. I am not the first to mention suh things.

Truly, your opinion is welcome and appriciated. All thoughts should be heard since this is such a touchy subject to some.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
To clarify...this is not my beleif. I am a seeker seeking....I posed a question wondering if there were others here who have studied this idea. Obviously, there was a couple who had and I appriciate the added information from everyone. I feel there are truths in the Bible, that the average reader is not going to seek.

Im a wondering soul...waiting to skip on the stars.

I think I made it pretty clear that I felt the Bible was a hidden truth, not a read to take lightly.

I worry we have placed God in a character Thee is not, which is wrathful and punishing. I could give anyone the low down of the justifications of why God did this and what justifications are made for it....but my spirit says something is not so.

This question I posed was just a question posed with the what ifs that should be considered. If it was a belief of mine I would of posted the Thread as a statement in stead of a question. If its not enough to make your mind wonder...thats ok

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I tend to have a "I am right, you are wrong" tone about my posts; possibly on this thread and definately on others. Perhaps that is my weakness. Like you, and many other people I suspect, I went through many similiar situations and revelations about the world we live in.

I came face to face with evil and if wasn't the devil, this person really did their homework. Yet I am here to freely share this fact with whomever. I was also shown, by whom or what I haven't determined, what it is that is being hidden from humanity.

I was shown what is possible for this world. I saw it as clearly as I see the words in front of my face right now. It is what everyone has been talking about and waiting for; fighting for. I saw the Garden, for about ten seconds, Wednesday, April 26, 2006 the veil receded and I saw it. My wife saw it too. It's not another planet; its right in front of your eyes. It requires no travel, no special tricks, no special knowledge. All I can say is that there is more to the creation than meets the eye and God is worthy of much more than any of us could possibly offer and really we are the beneficiaries of his majesty.

If I could do anything in this world I would pull back the veil of darkness and show you what I saw, then you would understand my point in an instant and I wouldn't have to write or say anything.

It is worth fighting for, even if it means being a jerk from time to time. I believe the Bible, because of all the google searches I have done, and all the threads I have read it is the Bible that was usually correct. There is much more to the book than you know. The person who wrote it is a genius and the people who have died to bring it to you this day, did it for your benefit. But the reason I know it is accurate is not really something that lends itself to be explained, so I just say..."have faith"

I know what the institution of the church has done, for the record the Bible is not property of Rome. I know what Governments and the military have done. We are humans and this world is how we live in a fallen condition.

But once we stop thinking and start living, for the sake of living, the veil of darkness that obscures our vision will fall and never again be erected.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

i am not a scientologist or an atheist, and you're getting on my last ounce of patience with your snide, accusatory remarks. please do us both a favor and back off.

oh and i'm not a nazi either. and although i'm not a literal jew, the bible says i'm a spiritual jew (that's what jesus was too, unless you mean to say he wasn't born to a jewish lady in israel?)

[edit on 6-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

oh, i see.
so do you know what it should be perceived as?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

can you describe what you saw?
that would make an interesting book, short story, speech, interview, whatever.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join