It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God was wrong?! Not biblically possible.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

I didn't want to hijack this topic so I posted a new one about what we're discussing here.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TALIN

And god still does not exits thats the piont show me proof of his existance.Leave out the bit of look around you that is not plausible all that is, is a scientific unkown that just hasnt been sovled yet but they will ultimately find the answer then what will be your urgument they are conspiring against god

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The bible says god created the the world the water, the trees , the birds and so forth and so forth.

What god created was Dinosuars and Neandertals, The homosapians of today created themselves out of the ashes.

I've just posted this in a defferent thread, but god created the first 2 people on earth Adam and Eve, Eve told adam to take a bite from the forbidden fruit. Neandertals did not have a developed larynx to enable complex dialect but mere grunts. The bible does not talk about a violent world of the dinosaurs and if you consider the dragon to be relating to the dinosaurs why does the bible talk about why God struck the earth with a great fire ball (meteor) and wiping out most of life on earth so the noah incident was actually the second time he destroyed life on earth

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

although it may not have been the intent, your OP appears to imply that man kind is the be all end all of creation, but the fact of the matter is, man kind is slowly marching towards its own extinction because of ignorance, greed and stupidity and when you look at the whole universe mankinds existance will be no more than a dot on the timeline of the universe probably not even that.

we were given life, we were given free will we were given choices and allowed to blaze our own trail in life if we choose to wipe everything out then we only leed to our own demise and in a billion years or so there will be more than likley new habitates and new creatures and no mankind.

unless of course mankind takes back its destiny from the corporate elite who have hijacked our lives and tell them where to go and how to get there, maybe then we will have a chance to exist for far longer.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I do not think that God made a mistake by creating man.

I think it is by design that man is the way he is.

God created mankind to become self sufficient, to learn, to become all he can become.

We are infants & infants make many mistakes as the mature & grow.

But they also learn from those mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes are not reversable, but in the long term, they are learnt from & similar mistakes can be avoided in the future.

God gave mankind the tools to to learn & make the mistakes he needed to make & I believe that everything in cration has its purpouse.

Weather that was to be destroyed by man so he could learn that it was wrong & thus not do it again.. or try it differently next time.

BTW I am Agnostic... I actually think religion is a load of crap.

I do not think god "or whatever entity might be responsible", wants a bunch of idiots crawling around on their knees begging & worshiping & praying, while the time they spend doing this could be used for other productive things.

The 2 hours a day that a man spends grovelling on his belly to his god, could be spent tilling the field in order to put more food in the mouths of his family...

We should forget about God & get on with the things that really matter..

Somehow I really don't think god "or whom ever", would mind at all..lol

BTW.. I just gotto say this... can't help myself....

Ghost147

"Your Avatar reeeeallly creeps me out"......

[edit on 10/6/2008 by Ironclad]

[edit on 10/6/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

I an a Christian and I do not believe that the Lord makes mistakes. I think God has a plan and whatever happens, is suppose to happen the way it enfolds. Man is the Lord's love creation as we are made in His image. We were not a mistake. Whatever happens the Lord will still be in control. So I know He will be with me no matter what I/man will go through in the future.

Peace and Love
Grandma

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
HI there - back again,

just a consideration, many believe that Genesis and the story of creation is an allegory and that God's process of creating the universe would be too complex for early biblical readers to conceive - so God tells a story. For example a friend of mine describes the apple from the tree of knowledge being sexual awakening and puberty so that nothing is ever the same for 'Adam and Eve' again. Perhaps like the drawings on the Pyramids we are not fully aware of great spiritual truths as we should be such as drawing upon principles of humility and love.

I believe that God exists and hell would be a petty place to send anyone for their lack of growth. The main beef of this question is if God can be separated from his actions - quite possible unless his intentions spirit things into being a bit like a telekinitor.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Like the example above where they try to prove that the world is only 4000 years old.

Could you please show me one, JUST ONE, Creation Scientist who says the Earth is 4000 years old please. Interjecting pure fantasy and made up numbers doesn't make one look brighter. Just thought you should know.

Anxiously awaiting your answer...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join