It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God was wrong?! Not biblically possible.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mullet35

They where both created in a time when people where looking for more and needed something to grasp onto

So another words,, last week

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TALIN

We know that around the time of jesus there was also alot of death and povety with life meaning very little. The difference between then and now is that it began then, and with mans urge to know there is something else to an otherwise pointless life allows such false hope to prosper in todays world

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

I don't see what God, or the lack of one, has to do with your post.

As for the earth being unbalanced, it has always been so. We, as a species, just happen to be fortunate to catch the Earth in one of it's mellowest phases. The vary existence of our species is due to a mass extinction of various species, most importantly the Dinosaurs, and other great land predators. There are a few mass extinction events recorded, and possibly others that haven't yet been found, in the Earth's past; I am sure the future, sooner or later, will be no different.

Mass Extinctions will come and go, nature will every time, one way or another, find the right balance. When ever a species goes extinct a new species will, over time, replace that vacuum in the ecosystem...

Now, what the hell does God, or your belief in him, have to do with your post?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hi, I'm a creationist.

Easy answers 4u:

My ways are not your ways, my thoughts are not your thoughts - God, OT

Yes, it happened in 6 24-hour days.

No, there was never any evolution, just changes inside the "kind" barrier. Your definition, "species," is not my definition of "kind."

Yes, it was made aged. Sorry if you were derailed by the aged look. But then, if it looked and tested at 6000 yrs, you wouldn't have a chance to have some faith.

For the faint-of-heart Christians who have given up on the 6 days of creation, Jesus has a message for you to help your faith. He did a little miracle of turning water into wine. Most miss the entire point of the miracle. Here is the revelation of the meaning of the miracle, straight from God --- to me --- and now to you:

Miracle at Cana

First miracle that Jesus did in the NT, per the NT.
First miracle that Jesus did in the OT: 6 day creation (NT John 1, all things were made by Him)

Wine was created from 6 waterpots of water.
World was created in 6 days.

Wine was created aged.
World was created aged.

Meaning of the word Cana (location of the miracle): to create, build

If you have a concept of God that is man-like, you have limited God. You are thinking of Jesus, who emptied himself out to be here to save us "kenosis." However, while Jesus was here with us, he was also in heaven, and he was also wherever he wanted to be. For example, when he sent out the first seventy disciples, he noted "Wherever two or more of you gather together in my name, there am I in the midst of you." Of course, a man can't do that, but God can do whatever he wants.

If you are having difficulty understanding this situation, consider yourself in a test. God is testing you to see if you will love him and believe him, or if you will follow those who base their beliefs on good solid scientific facts, or good solid words from their prophet, or good solid words from their friends, etc.

Your choices began in a garden with a tree in your father Adam, and his lovely wife Eve. You are not responsible for their failure, and you are not being punished for their failure, as some suppose. They failed, but like many of us today, they chose to reproduce anyway. We have millions of people to day around the world with AIDS, who get pregnant and have children under the almost sure knowledge that they will be passing the virus to their kids. The kids cannot look at God and blame God, but they can blame their parents. However, if it is possible for an intervention from the outside, someone with an AIDS vaccine so-to-speak to stop the curse, and that outsider was affiliated with the person who initially made the virus, why would we be cursing and disbelieving the person who is saving us?

You were born in the image of Adam and Eve (Gen 5:1), mortal.

How will you deal with it? Will you accept the cure for mortality, or curse the originator of the choice?

Good luck and God bless you in your decision.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Mass extinctions and climate changes are nothing new. God is not wrong, but human perspectives are very small. Organized religion is one way the reality of God is narrowed down to human vision. Believing the earth came about through random chance is another example.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

We know that around the time of jesus there was also alot of death and povety with life meaning very little.

Yes LIKE TODAY Nothing has changed and the only difference between then and now is,

THAT WAS THEN,,

THIS IS NOW

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

reply to post by TALIN

We know that around the time of jesus there was also alot of death and povety with life meaning very little. The difference between then and now is that it began then, and with mans urge to know there is something else to an otherwise pointless life allows such false hope to prosper in todays world

It didn't begin then, nor was it specially relevant then; death, poverty, exploitation, slavery, etc. existed long before Jesus, and will continue long after we, as individual, are no longer around. It is a basic human behavioral pastern.

Jesus, if you believe what you are told about him, just happened to rebel against the jewish religious establishment.

There is only one passage in the Bible in which Jesus, reportedly, uses violence, can you guess why?

Of course, to stay on topic, this still has nothing to do with God, as the Creator.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I wouldn't call 70%+ of species that disappeared in the last mass extinctions as "a small amount of species at a time".

Again, if your are talking about a creationist God, of which there are hundreds, this would have nothing to do with him. The vast majority of Creation Legends have a God that creates the world and then leaves it alone, not intervening in the evolution of his creation. For that there are generally lesser deities, they are the ones that actively intervene in human affairs.

If one thinks a little about the term Christianity, one notices that it refers to a lesser "deity"...Most christians worship Christ (thus the word christianity) and his mother Mary, not the almighty Creator/God...

He, the Creator/God, is both too abstract and too remote to be worshiped, by most people...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Good point. Considering the freedom of choice that everyman has, we are in charge of what is in this world. Besides, this is not yet the one because the best, which after here in this world, is yet to come.

Are we to challenge the wisdom of the One who created the light from above? We have to make sunlight first, as mighty and great like that.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
1)People are persecuted only when they convince themselves they are persecuted.

That is a very naive statement and I can tell you already have a certain view point and mindset on this topic.This is fine but at least hear my argument which will discredit this statement.

That's like saying biblical Christians were only slaughtered because they believed they were persecuted. The jews in biblical times were only slaughtered because they beleived they were. The holocaust only happened because they BELEIVED they were persecuted.

So if I analyzed this statement, I would have to take it to mean that it's either basically the fault of the ones persecuted for beleiving themmselves to be or the persecution wasn't real but only a perception in their own minds.

2)Christians may have more public wrath aimed at them because of their size and the fact that their influence is strongly effecting things in our country it should not be influencing.

I agree they were/are persecuted for strongly influincing things that do upset this immoral way. Yes today it has the most members of any religion but what about when they were being persecuted in the beginning.

Perhaps if people weren't trying to convert the whole planet to their beliefs, people wouldn't get so upset about them.

Christianity is the largest group trying to cover the earth and next is Islam.

I don't know about you,but last time I checked, Ive been having Islam,Sikh and every other religion shoved down my throat. Everyone trying to force their way of life on me.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but from what I learned in school, this country was built and based on Christianity.It wasn't until recent years that the American culture and western way of life has been raped by everyone else trying to get a peice of what they claim to dispise so bad.

My ideals,beliefs and rights have been stepped on, violated and desecrated in the vilest manner possible. Everything I was taught in school and the ideals I was brainwashed into believing are non existent and was a waste of time because OTHERS are CONVERTING (not trying to convert) the face of America. I never force my beleifs on anyone, don't go to churchy and don't care if anyone accepts Christ. Everyone is aware of his story and can decide for themselves. I have my beliefs and know why I have them.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND

I don't see what God, or the lack of one, has to do with your post.

As for the earth being unbalanced, it has always been so. We, as a species, just happen to be fortunate to catch the Earth in one of it's mellowest phases. The vary existence of our species is due to a mass extinction of various species, most importantly the Dinosaurs, and other great land predators. There are a few mass extinction events recorded, and possibly others that haven't yet been found, in the Earth's past; I am sure the future, sooner or later, will be no different.

Mass Extinctions will come and go, nature will every time, one way or another, find the right balance. When ever a species goes extinct a new species will, over time, replace that vacuum in the ecosystem...

Now, what the hell does God, or your belief in him, have to do with your post?

first off, I dont believe in god, nor do i believe in a higher being. I am simply asking a question towards christians, why would god (because they believe in one) have so species becoming endagered/exstinct, us being the major cause of it, along with the raping of the planet. it seems that god would have made a mistake in creating us, or as i stated in the first post, it would seem that god wants us to destroy because something on this planet, or the planet itself, was a mistake. that is what i am asking

Jim Scott

How will you deal with it? Will you accept the cure for mortality, or curse the originator of the choice?

I choose to curse the originator of the choice. I simply dont see it possible, what so ever, that we and all things suddenly apear, just as you dont see it possible for things that have been proven to exist more thank 6000 years to actually have existed over 6000 years. once there is proof of god, i will instantly pray to it. until then, i will continue my horrible ways of questioning the "lord".

[edit on 5/10/08 by Ghost147]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Faith only closes the mind to other possibilities,religion only brainwashes one into seeing things only one way,religious texts have been re-interpreted and misinterpreted over the years to the point of having little or no significance at all.
The afterlife is just a lie to keep you from changing things while you are still alive,you cannot be righteous by supporting or participating in a system which destroys your fellow man,whether you are conscious of it or not,whatever your intentions.
The road to hell is paved in good intentions,just as a highway being built through the woods destroys the inhabitants through which it passes,or forces them into harms way.
Humans are the most dangerous animals on the planet,because they are the most ignorant and stupid.
We will get our just rewards in the end,and we deserve it.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

completely agreed

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

IMHO,if God were to actually want men to have free will,they would be able to question his existence without suffering a penalty for excersising that free will.
The threat of eternal damnation is nothing more than coercion,which is a thoroughly human way of doing things.
Either God wants men to be slaves to him,or man wants man to be slaves to god,and in turn to men who have power over other men.
I am led to believe that God as it/she/he, is recognized presently has little to do with God in reality,if such a being exists.
I believe that if there is a God/All powerful being,he/it/she/they/...are waiting for us to wake up,to mature as a species/race,before he/she/it/they let their presence be known.
Or Not.....
Keep your mind open,it is all you have,all you are,without free thought,you can have no free will,and you are nothing.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
very true, great post

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You, Sire; Should not panic just yet. For when you are ordered to account for your blood [the same as all creatures,including a pig] on the day of judgment, then you will know who the almighty GOD is. But should you get a brain storm, than try opening that ego box, you've been ignoring. And visit your local library, to read any such book on THE GREAT WHITE WHALE. And compare it to The book of Job, Chapter 41 !!! Leviathan !!! But then, You must have only ask the question to make conversation, because nobody should live a life like yours. And it didn't warrant any response, sobeit;REAL WORD! GOODBYE!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I think many people do misinterprit some of the holy texts but it was designed in a way that only people of a certain level could understand. The naive sink when reading the texts but those that "have eyes" to see and ears to hear will understand a deeper meaning that is invisible to the spiritually blind. So you are quite right in your criticisms because you are misreading the texts. Morality has nothing to do with spirituality. Rules won't lead you anywhere other than "here". Yes, you and all the animals will get your just rewards in the end, so you are right on that.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Who's to say those doubts don't come from God? If so, do you think he'd punish you for having doubts? That doesn't make a lot of sense. We don't have free will. We look at plants and animals and see they are controlled by nature, they don't have free will, but somehow we have managed to live outside nature? We're a part of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I understand what your getting at, but the basis of your theory is flawed in that the very person you are blaming is someone you are disputing the existence of, This confusing to me as to why someone would debate a supposed character flaw of someone that doesn't exist.
I am a Christian and a Minister, which is one reason that I believe in UFO's (which I and many other believe are mentioned in the Bible), believing that God having created this world why not another. Using the bases of your argument it would seem better to ask why do parents have children? take serial killers for instance, did their parents make a mistake? were they wrong for having children? If they had just had an abortion hundreds of people would still be alive, that is an impossible argument. Since you don't believe in God it would be impossible to debate with you the motive and character of the Creator, but consider this. A parent does not have a child knowing what kind of person that child will grow up to be, they can only love the child and hope that they will grow up knowing right and wrong and become a good person and have respect for both their fellow man as well as their environment, ultimately it falls on us (our parents child) as to who we are and the type of person we become. When God made the heavens and the earth and then man it was not a mistake, it was good. We as God's creation (children) decide who we become and the type of person we will become and what is important to us, God like our parents stand by and hope that we will be the best we can be, know right from wrong, and have respect for both man and beast.
The topic (extinction) you have addressed is not by the had of God but rather the hand of man, with the greed of money and technology we have cause us to over produce what we need to survive. You blame God for deforestation and over fishing and hunting of wildlife but you put no responsibility upon mankind, we are the only ones to blame for the destruction of a species and our planet. living on this planet is no different than living in a house, you will either take care of it or you won't and after a while it will begin to show the lack of respect you have show it, this is what we are seeing in the earth to day, years of disrespect and greed. Don't blame God blame us!
Oh and by the way ..... It's ok to question God

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

actually you are correct... i did make this topic specifically for conversation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join