It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God was wrong?! Not biblically possible.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
because we are dealing with the christian beliefs, we are including their idea of creationism.

creationism fits into this because man is a key structure in creationism for christians, one of the main focus' in creationism is man. and man may or may not be the mistake of god.

im not saying that everything will die, because for the most part, it cant, even if the world explodes there will still be bacteria in the debris. however, the question is, is man or something on this planet, or the planet itself, a mistake of god. which would explain the mass decrease in species in our time, if you believe in this stuff that is. which i dont! im just trying to see the ideas behind god possibly not being perfect, seeing how there may be a flaw in his disign.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

it's very possible we were created before we were brought here, but i sincerely believe we were brought here, and that prior to our arrival,
bipedal reptilians were the primary sentient species here.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
did God make a mistake?
nope.
where the mistake was made was when we were brought to a planet
that we were only marginally capable of subsisting on (but then the story goes that we were lied to, for the purpose of enslavement on a distant planet (earth)).
we're misplaced in the galatic neighborhood. personally, i don't think humans are the real problem on this planet. i think the same slavers that brought us here, are raping the planet and using us to do it. and when it's reached the critical point, either they or the planet will wipe out the slave population and they'll restart it again (or attempt to), later.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

it's very possible we were created before we were brought here, but i sincerely believe we were brought here, and that prior to our arrival,
bipedal reptilians were the primary sentient species here.

agreed.

and i also agree with us being brought here, as in we were once small unicelular organisms, and then evolution took place.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

well the ancient texts of many ancient cultures say otherwise. and their artifacts appear to support this. there's not a single mother goddess statue prior to 3000 bc that depicts a human being. they are all bipedal reptilians. even the one from like 10,000 bc with a human head (the head was missing so they added their own) is a bipedal reptilian.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ideas of God not being perfect, hmm lol. If you were going to bring that up, instead of bring up pollution and species loss, I'm surprised you didn't bring up something about human suffering, where that comes from. It hits home a little more than some species that die which we'll never see ourselves in the first place. You might want to read about gnosticism if you want to read about the problem of evil and how it fits with God, I just find it strange that what spurs the question about God being imperfect is the destruction of animals. It's a little too "green movement" for me lol.
www.gnosis.org...

Why does the mass decrease in species have to be explained in the first place on a religious level? Do you think you're going to understand why a volcano erupts and kills thousands of people, or some other natural phenomenon in a religious context? Truth is, we probably don't know what is good for us because we can't see the ultimate outcome. Do you know God's plan btw? Otherwise I don't see how it is possible that you could see a flaw in his design.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147
Wouldn't that mean that god made a mistake in creating us?

or! If God did create us for a reason, wouldn't it be to destroy this planet? if so, why?

metaphorically, we could very well be gods eraser. It may not have been us that was the mistake, but earth? maybe God needs us to fix is misfortunes by distroying our own planet?

This is a very interesting question. I do agree with you that man IS the major and ONLY cause of ALL the problems in this world. I'm not a very religous man but am spiritual in my own right.

We are depleting this planet of everything. For starters all the knowledge and education man has makes us no smarter than a caveman. It has actually done the opposite and endangered us. I do believe that organization and structure is one of the most important problems facing us.

We as different races and religions with different cultures all have different beliefs which will never be on the same page. You can't mix all these things and expect to live in harmony.

No different than mixing oil and water in a car motor. The motor will cease to work even though these are 2 substances which are both used simultaneously for the motor to keep it running. Water has to be used to cool the motor and oil to lubricate it. Both are running in the motor but in different chambers. Once mixed, the motor is useless.

I believe God has given us free will but we're misguided and have misused it which is the current result of today's world. We aren't doing the roles we were intended to do.Total immorality. Even though I don't agree with religion, I have to agree that the structure was good as far as keeping a certain people with the same beliefs and ideals was good as far as keeping it as moral as possible within that species and everyone playing there part. Today we are just a free for all.

I don't believe God got it wrong but do believe that people are deceived by whatever forces are at work that manipulated their weak minds. Giving in to lust and desires of the flesh. Sexual immorality is one of the biggest players in this game. Resulting in the mass population increase which is straining and depleting all the resources. It’s also one of the biggest sources of diseases facing us today.

I personally believe in God and Forces of evil otherwise we wouldn't have what non believers call a conscience. I call it the Holy Spirit. Animals don't contemplate and think things through as a human does. They just react instinctively.It’s a Spirit breathing life into the flesh and soul. I believe the evil forces are dong an incredible job and succeeding at their task. Divide and conquer. They keep multitudes from making that connection. Hence the immorality and current state of affairs.

No, God doesn't have it wrong, just that Satan figured man out, at least the weak minded and weak willed man. Such as the non believer.

One question I truly have is “WHY do people always try to disprove CHRIST?”

I never hear any threads about disproving Muhammad, Buddha, Judaism or multitudes of other religions. This alone is added proof, that people still try to deny or mock him over 2000 yrs later. My will and Spirit are too strong for any man, army or Spirits to defeat. I am the Blood of Christ.

1 Peter 4:12-19
2 Corinthians 12:9

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Some would believe the government would prevent us from advancement that would stabilize the environment i.e. the use of petroleum instead better alternatives. However if an apex predator like the Great White were to go into extinction, there would be chaos. Some seal populations will explode creating an even smaller population of fish like anchovies. But as it was stated earlier, nature will find a way to balance it back out. We humans have something called free will. We make mistakes and hopefully learn from them.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The Earth is 4-5 Billion years old, the Universe 14 Billion. Why don't you collect at least 2-3 Billion years worth of data, not infered data, but first hand data, and then ask ridiculous questions.

Things have really gotten out of control down here. Scientists
have about 200 years of spotty and incomplete weather data and they write conclusive research papers about global warming.

Satan thought he'd conquered the world and proved God wrong for three days.

I think the world and universe will outlast us and won't need our assistance, despite the contempt we show it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
God is responsible for the negitive things you see in the world, not man. God controls everything including ourselves. The world only exists for man and it doesn't matter what happens to it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
The world only exists for man

that seems a bit egosentric.

but seeing how "god controls everything", that meens that there is too much room for error.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Every thing is in gods hands. Thats it. No need to worry what will happen if you kill off a species, because god is in controll. Untill you realize that, you will worry yourself to death.
Now if you don't belive in god, you dont have any thing to worry about because you will die within the next 100 years and your worries will be gone forever.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here is the picture,

I may be damned although I 'declared' a belief in Jesus and was saved. Imagine the hell of a person who failed to follow what a church leader said (all generally accepted dogmatic stuff) and is a backslider. I am a backslider who knows that their mental condition gives them an unbalanced view of guilt and evil yet I cannot help but hold high the qualities of love, compassion and honesty.
I will not lie in my heart to condemn the homosexual or those that have inter-faith marriages. It seems the truth is important to every man yet like a diamond there are many facets to the truth as there are so many valuable human beings in the world.
From Sxxxxxxx with love

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
God did not make the mistake. Man has made mistakes and will continue to because of evil natures of some men. We can pass laws to restrict fishing, all day long but there are always government officials who will take pay-offs to ignore illegal fishing practices.
God will have to intervene at some point to restore things to a better state where good people are allowed to flourish and evil people will be in prison.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

Ghost147 may have a very good point that people may miss, this person is highlighting a very important point while there has been many species dissappear from this planet, but how many of them where major predators. Take Australia for example there is a major problem with a number of rogue species in this country (like other countries) but we will use Australia as an exmple, we have got the fox, the cain toad and the feral cat population and these are major problems for Australia and why because there are no natural predators here in which to keep these populations in check.

So in the thought of a major predator dissappearing from our oceans may very well have a massive impact of thepopulation growth of particular species but only the ones that the great white excusively feed upon. The effect that this would have on the oceans would have to be seen but any change that did come about would be the direct result of man which then gives merit to Ghost147's question did god make a mistake

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'll never understand why people want to blame God for everything instead of being accountable for their own actions. We have free will, but we must also pay for the decisions that result both in this world and beyond.

This "It's all God's fault, God did it" stuff comes from those who know not what they say nor do they understand anything about what his intentions were for his children. God made us do it? Are you kidding? What a cop out. God knows what you will do before you do it, but he does not control your actions and he does not make choices for you. Pointing the finger and blaming yours or anyone elses actions on God or anyone/anything else have no sense of personal responsibility or accountability for their actions and isn't that one of the main causes for everything that is causing this mess we're about to dive into? Open your eyes and stop pointing the finger at everyone else. This world is the way it is now because of each one us, WE, as human beings did this with our own free will and those who are responsible and have contributed will be destroyed by the Lord unless they repent. Those times are here.

The First Letter of John

2:18 Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come. These people left our churches, but they never really belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left, it proved that they did not belong with us. But you are not like that, for the Holy One has given you his Spirit, and all of you know the truth, So I am writing to you not because you don't know the truth but because you know the difference between truth and lies. And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist. Anyone who denies the son doesn't have the Father, either. But anyone who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

The Second Letter of Peter

The Danger of False Prophets

2: But there were also false prophets in Isreal just as there will be false prophets among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed. For God did not spare even the angels who sinned. He threw them into hell, in gloomy pits of darkness, where they are being held until the day of judgment.

The Second Letter of Peter

2:3 Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. They will say, "What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again?" From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.

3:8 But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. Since everything around us is going to be destroyed like this, what holy and godly lives you should live, looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. We are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God's righteousness.

God Bless

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

As we are all (supposedly) gods children why would our parent let us do what we wanted especially if it is going to cost us our lives. Why would a parent not offer any level of advise but instead just watch their children virtually commit suicide. The question is not so much why do we blame god for everything as opposed to if he where real why not start acting like the parent he is supposed to be.

As a parent could you sit back and watch your own children do so much damage to themselves and not offer any level of advise, you would have to be a pretty cold hearted parent to do so

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
God does control everything btw. Just because you don't currently feel or think something doesn't mean that everything isn't controlled from above.

Originally posted by mullet35

As we are all (supposedly) gods children why would our parent let us do what we wanted especially if it is going to cost us our lives. Why would a parent not offer any level of advise but instead just watch their children virtually commit suicide. The question is not so much why do we blame god for everything as opposed to if he where real why not start acting like the parent he is supposed to be.

As a parent could you sit back and watch your own children do so much damage to themselves and not offer any level of advise, you would have to be a pretty cold hearted parent to do so

What makes you think that God values a human life so much? With an afterlife, does it matter what happens here? He lets us do what we want so that we can develop (seemingly) independantly but everything is put into motion by him. If watching them commit suicide it what is needed for their development, I don't see a problem. On the physical level, you would hope that a parent would guide their children so as to avoid permanently harming the child, but on a higher level, what does it matter if they damage themselves? The part that matters can't be damaged.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mullet35

We all have the Holy Spirit inside of us, but there are very few who choose to listen to it. When I was a teenager, I was an athiest and it's only when I have looked back did I see the advice or direction being offered to me that I wasn't able to see both because I really only cared about myself and because I had made no effort to understand God and therefore did not recognize his presence.

God punishes us for disobedience just as our birth father would, but God offers much more than any human could and therefore, the punishments are more severe and long lasting. God wants people to follow him because they want to, not because they are being forced to or are being manipulated by him to do so. It is a choice. It's a choice to reject the Lord just as it is a choice to read the Bible and learn about God's character. I certainly don't have all the answers, but God does not think with a human mind like we do.

God has offered all of us eternal life in God's Kingdom and all we have to do is truly believe in our hearts that Jesus is the Son of God and that he died so that we could live. If eternal life and happiness is being offered on one hand, then why shouldn't the alternative be eternal misery? Those that have forsaken him will pay the ultimate price which they themselves have chosen and brought upon themselves just like those that have faith in God will live in God's Kingdom for eternity because that is the path they have chosen. It is all about choice and choices have consequences. It's not like he didn't warn us and show people what he expects out of us, but so many people choose to live for themselves instead.

God Bless

Edit: I missed the top part of that post. If God controlled everything, then there would be no sin and everyone would be saved. Those that want to say there is no God because of human suffering seem to believe this is how it should be, but again, we have a choice in the matter and for the most part, it seems humans have chosen poorly in life.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Kratos1220]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm still a bit confused though, if all the sharks in the ocean died, how does that make God "wrong"?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join