It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Did you know (many) Scientists are afraid of the Bible?”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I'd reckon any religious text has that kind of "Science" in it, if you look close enough.

And it begs the question, how do you even define "science?"

PPS: I don't follow football, sorry OT.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
reply to post by Old Man

come on, how has the bible ever been right, I want to know

I sincerely hope you are kidding.

Do you really believe I have the time to go into detail about all the fulfilled prophecies and other stuff mentioned in the bible?

The OP gave you one or two examples for you to chew over....but there are many, many more. Not least of which, as I said, are the hundreds of fulfilled prophecies.

People wrangle over obscure messages from Nostradamus, crop circle formations, 'channelled' stuff from aliens, etc, but refuse to acknowledge the very often clear message shown in biblical prophecy.

Please, do a little research.

Thank you.

.....from a very old and very tired old man with sore fingers from typing, who can't be bothered typing out hundreds of pages to answer your question correctly. Thankfully, there are millions of books and websites already available to you for this purpose....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Sorry but I will be doing no research into the bible or any religious rubbish
Q: how can you g's have full true faith in something you can't even question???

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Sorry but I will be doing no research into the bible or any religious rubbish

Well, you only have a limited amount of time on this earth, friend.

You could use that time to research the truth, or use it to study nonsense from other sources.

Here's hoping that you use it wisely

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Gee...see what happens when you let just anyone in..lol. The bible is a bunch of BS written by men to control the feable minded. If there is a God, I say he isn't the bung hole the bible makes him out to be. What kind of loving kind being threatens it's creation with eternal damnation. I'm not sure about the whole God and devil (exists or doesn't...hmmm)thing but one thing is for sure...I mock and laugh at the bibles version. To all you who preach this garbage, stop f'ing your life up so bad that you need to seek outside intervention to fix it or your just easily manipulated and that would be what the original author was hoping for
. Oh yeah don't bother preachimg and saying crap like ill pray for you....save it....roll your prayers side ways and shove em up your candy ***...

[edit on 5-10-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

So says you.

If you are entitled to your opinion, then I am entitled to mine.

Is that not so?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man

Well, you only have a limited amount of time on this earth, friend.

You could use that time to research the truth, or use it to study nonsense from other sources.

We all go to the same place when we die....the child molester, mass murders...etc..will all be hanging out with you...thats why you have wasted your life. You have spent your life trying to be something because you think it is expected of you from some external source..ie God..but fact of the matter is...we all end where you go..call it heaven, in the ground rotting or whatever it is people believe...we all go there.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

I believe that a belief in God makes us better persons.

We are more likely to help someone in need, because we see them as the children of God.

We also believe that we will be judged according to how we have treated people.

That is why we have not wasted our lives.....not lived them as selfishly as we would otherwise.

Whether you agree with this belief or not, the fact remains that there are countless people in the world today who are thankful that people like me think the way they do

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Old Man]

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Old Man]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Come on old men, every time I ask a question you use your wings of steel to bounce them back

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Come on old men, every time I ask a question you use your wings of steel to bounce them back

I question God all the time........just like the children of Israel did in the wilderness.

Been a Christian for over 30 years.

Thankfully, He has never let me down.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Just a note, that the earth was "round" has been religious doctrine indeed, but as we now know, it is NOT round, its a sphere, they thought explicitly that it was FLAT.

What science discovered and wasn't allowed to become mainstream knowledge because of Christianity untill the last few centuries, is that the earth is a SPHERE.

Ptolemy (aka the greeks) theorized a spherical earth in AD 140, his ideas were rejected by the church and it was called herecy.

Just like the idea that the earth revolved around the sun and not everything else revolved around the earth was discovered long long time ago, but rejected by the church and considered herecy.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Going to say it again, you guy's are fanatical crazy's, how can you live your life by one book? anyone who buys into religion in my eye's is a week minded fool

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I have said this before and yes I will say it again, religion is a method of controlling a population/group of individuals on masse. If we can put the fear of god into someone (pun intended) and that stops them doing it, then great!

Religion to me is two things, one as stated above a means of control and two its a comfort blanket that lesser minded individuals use to console themselves in times of need.

Without resorting to the whole religion argument, but answer me one question prove that God/Allah/Vishnu etc etc exist?

No one can do it because no one really knows if they do or if they don't.

At the end of the day, just because you believe in something does NOT mean its true! And thats a fact.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
“Did you know (many) Scientists are afraid of the Bible?”

Many meaning 1? 3? 10?

There are actually far more scientists afraid of the pixie Trixibelle Laffaye ....

Your point seems to be that the Bible contains information know to people around 800BC when the Bible was written or which can be obscurely (re)interpreted as suggesting those who wrote it knew info which is not currently accepted as being common knowledge amongst Caananite herdsmen of the time. That's so scary to science that exactly 0 scientists are in the least bit bothered.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Science isn't scared of religion.

Religion says things that cannot be proven.

Science requires proof to formulate ideas.

They are completely different things, and unfortunately a lot of the people on the religious side of the spectrum refuse to listen to anything they would consider science, especially in biology.

The whole battle over ID is probably going to be won by religion in the end, but only because of the way it is pushed.

I don't really want to debate the fact with you, just wanted to put in my 2c. I've spent enough time trying to explain the above to people who don't want to address certain facts on message boards.

Believe it or not science and religion do work together. Unfortunately, ignorance and narrow minds have no place in a world where science and religion co-exist.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seenitall

seenitall, thanks for your measured response...

No argument from OT

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I never understood the war between religion/science anyway.

If the religious folks have faith that God is all-powerful, then they shouldn't have to worry about disproving scientific theories, because God is bigger than them... unless their faith is a little bit more unsteady than they say.

Likewise if the scientists can prove a principle beyond a shadow of a doubt, up to a point it doesn't matter what any religious book says to the contrary.

Both sides would be better served if the concentrated on their function instead of trying to disprove the other.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Hey fatdad! I'm one too...but Atkins is helping...

Who says you can't bash away?

When you do, please stay focused on the content in the OP, ok?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

asmeone2,

Another fine post my man....joint involvement and communication will only help.

I've found groups like 'answersin genesis' are trying.

Thanks again.

OT

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join