It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Did you know (many) Scientists are afraid of the Bible?”

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
No guys, he's right. Scientists and intelligent people SHOULD BE afraid of the bible. There are so many stupid people in the world - we're outnumbered. Most of the people in the world are just plain stupid and servile to an institution and a "God" that they've never
seen or known - except in their wishful and naive imaginations.

We certainly should be scared of stupid people who live in extreme flights of fantasy and disregard for the physical world - just look what they can (or rather, can't) do:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

So did the wiki sites prove it to you?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Could you provide the Sigma level for this chart? Possibly the variance? Standard deviation?

Maybe a rationale for the parallel exponential curves?

You are certainly not advocating consistent knowledge at the beginning of the 2 like-arches?

Seems to me you are being sarcastic?

Enlighten OT

[edit on 21-11-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Could you provide the Sigma level for this chart? Possibly the variance? Standard deviation?

Maybe a rationale for the parallel exponential curves?

You are certainly not advocating consistent knowledge at the beginning of the 2 like-arches?

Seems to me you are being sarcastic?

Enlighten OT

[edit on 21-11-2008 by OldThinker]

Wow, you certainly are clueless.

It's no wonder you think scientists are afraid of religion.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Care to explain your latest 'lazy' post?

Back to my other one...got any evidence to support your graphic? If not young man it's best to avoid OT's threads!

OT disappointed!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

reply to post by shihulud

shihulud

Thanks...hey where'd you grow up?
South West Scotland- land of the protestant catholic divide (Rangers and Celtic and all that jazz)

What's the bases of your world view?
Hmm world view basis - knowledge, rationale, interpretation and deliberation. Scientific principles would have to come in there too.

WHO do you thank when things go well? other than family?
I don't have an invisible thanking buddy per se, normally thank whoever helped at the time be it patting myself on the back or whatever.

What do you believe ?
In relation to what exactly? Do I believe that there could be a creator deity? - sure there might actually be one ( as unprovable as that maybe). Do I actually believe in a creator deity? Absolutely not. All things are possible but not all things are PROBABLE (and the probability of there actually being a god for me anyway is extremely close to zero - I hold more chance for us being created by ET's)

What are you asking my belief in?

G

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Care to explain your latest 'lazy' post?

Back to my other one...got any evidence to support your graphic? If not young man it's best to avoid OT's threads!

OT disappointed!

Evidence? haha.

Open up your eyes and use your mind instead of begging me for evidence. Go find it yourself.

You know, it really makes me feel sorry for people when they say, "Oh yeah, show me some evidence!" It's like your type can't even evoke their lazy ass minds to explore, discover, and learn. Instead, you want some type of information fed to you with a spoon; it all seems to fit in with the mindset that God gives you everything anyway. You can just sit there and events fall out in front of you - you have no responsibility because God is responsible for everything.

How about reading a book (besides the one that you read over and over), my shallow minded and stagnant friend? Pick any of these subjects, or better yet a volume of books that goes over the events in detail. Pick up any book on western history for evidence.

Rise of Rome
Nero
Constantine
Council of Nicaea
Christian Rome
East/West Rome
Transfer of Empiric power to Bishops
Rise of Papacy
Rule of Kings/Power behind the throne
Dark Ages
Renaissance
Reformation
Enlightenment

In fact, I challenge you to read in detail the events of western history before, during, and after Christendom infected the political stage - if you even have the guile to question your own beliefs...

Ohhh. it's so scary isn't it, being a sychophant of your own imagination and naivete...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

OK, this is your third attempt at a post….I’d have to say (with my encouragement) they are getting better…

First of all, can you please take a deep breadth? And please stop with the name calling…it does not good for your ‘science’ or for your hope for persuasion…really.

#1 I asked you for the ‘scientific method’ on your first chart. Do you know what statistics are? Your ‘null hypothesis’ is Christians have had no positive effect on the civilization. My ‘alternative hypothesis’ is we have…you proceed to ignore my questions in regard to a scientic manner around your chart and resort to name calling…brother there is no need IF YOU WANT A CONSTRUCTIVE CONVERSATION HERE? Do you?

Your third post says I am ‘begging’ you???? And I am a ‘lazy ass’ and all I do is read the Bible….

Any third party reader would think I’m the scientist and you are a kids playing on the internet…and I know that is not how you intend to come across.

You did make some good points about some reading I will do…thank you for that!

= = = = =

Time out…I’m OT, welcome to my thread…is there anything you would like to discuss? I have left quite a massive amount of information…as to my perspective here?

Again thank you for contributing…shall we make another attempt at dialog?

OT curious?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Old Thinker, I love your thread.........And that will get you flagged and stared...............You know as a Christian I would rather live by the Bible even if it were not true..( which I believe is...100% truth)..The morals and ethics of the Bible surpass all books and theory's........................Thanks

P.S. Your posts are real spiffy and humorous..

[edit on 23-11-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

#1 I asked you for the ‘scientific method’ on your first chart. Do you know what statistics are? Your ‘null hypothesis’ is Christians have had no positive effect on the civilization. My ‘alternative hypothesis’ is we have…you proceed to ignore my questions in regard to a scientic manner around your chart and resort to name calling…brother there is no need IF YOU WANT A CONSTRUCTIVE CONVERSATION HERE? Do you?

Scientific method on the chart? You don't appear to have any understanding at all of the terms you are using. You're throwing around terms from statistics like you've only just looked them up on wikipedia.

Why so pretentious? Do you not feel happy that (you think) God loves you? You have to try to impress some of the more ignorant readers of the forum?

I don't think so, buddy. It's an interpretive graph of the comparative scientific advancement of distinct periods in history. If you want any more information about how the interpretation and presentation of the graph was created, you'll need to study up on your history - especially the virus (to science, but gold to religious authority) that is known as the dark ages.

... Or do you expect me to post a 100,000 word reply to give you the evidence? It's out there and all you have to do is find it. This is why you are intellectual lazy.

It's really pathetic when members of ATS say things like, "Show me the evidence!" when all they have to do is go to google.com or read a book. It's as if these kind of people have been neutered of intelligence or the desire to actually learn.

You just keep on truckin' with your bible of truth, okay?

Your third post says I am ‘begging’ you???? And I am a ‘lazy ass’ and all I do is read the
Bible….

Yeah, maybe. From what you have displayed I'd say you were actually worse than lazy, but the guidelines of ATS prohibit me of giving you an interpersonal critical analysis of what I really think of you and the type of people who base reality on imaginary conclusive information.

Any third party reader would think I’m the scientist and you are a kids playing on the internet…and I know that is not how you intend to come across.

I'm sure. You're imbecilic baiting tactics don't work on people with even a -10 intelligence when compared to yours.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I guess your answer is NO, young man...

OT (Real Stat Guy!)

Interpretive huh? Too many assumptions

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111

Old Thinker, I love your thread.........And that will get you flagged and stared...............You know as a Christian I would rather live by the Bible even if it were not true..( which I believe is...100% truth)..The morals and ethics of the Bible surpass all books and theory's........................Thanks

Thank you so much...

OT loves this MISSION!

OT
Phil 1:3 bro!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111

Thank you so much...

OT loves this MISSION!

OT
Phil 1:3 bro!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I'm sure. You're imbecilic baiting tactics don't work on people with even a -10 intelligence when compared to yours.

Tough guy huh

Life does the baiting...just stay tuned...

You've got a real one praying for you now...oouuch!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Actually Christians founded many scientific discoveries during those supposed dark ages!!! See

John Philoponus
late 6th Century
Aristotle's early Christian critic

Hugh of St. Victor
c. 1096-1141
theologian of science

Robert Grosseteste
c. 1168-1253
reform-minded bishop-scientist

Roger Bacon
c. 1220-1292
Doctor Mirabiles

Dietrich von Frieberg
c. 1250-c. 1310
the priest who solved the mystery of the rainbow

Thomas Bradwardine
c. 1290-1349
student of motion

Nicole Oresme
c. 1320-1382
inventor of scientific graphic techniques

Nicholas of Cusa
1401-1464 grappler with infinity

Georgias Agricola
1495-1555 founder of metallurgy

Johannes Kepler
1571-1630 discoverer of the laws of planetary motion

Johannes Baptista van Helmont
1579-1644 founder of pneumatic chemistry and chemical physiology

Francesco Maria Grimaldi
1618-1663 discoverer of the diffraction of light

Blaise Pascal
1623-1662 mathematical prodigy and universal genius

Robert Boyle
1627-1691 founder of modern chemistry

John Ray
1627-1705 cataloger of British flora and fauna

Isaac Barrow
1630-1677 Newton's teacher

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek
1632-1723 discoverer of bacteria

Niels Seno
1638-1686 founder of geology

James Bradley
1693-1762 discoverer of the aberration of starlight

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Wonderful thread.

I want to thank you for adding some light and genuine rational intelligence into these increasingly dark times and forums.

And if you believe that, you'll believe anything. Oh hang on, you do...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Scientific method on the chart? You don't appear to have any understanding at all of the terms you are using. You're throwing around terms from statistics like you've only just looked them up on wikipedia.

Why so pretentious? Do you not feel happy that (you think) God loves you? You have to try to impress some of the more ignorant readers of the forum?

Dude, Where did you get the abilities?

See below for my occupation...

Ever heard of a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt? That's OT big guy....I eat the 'scientific method' for lunch....might want to think twice before posting non-sense!!

Statistics is a mathematical science pertaining to the collection, analysis, interpretation or explanation, and presentation of data. Also with prediction and forecasting based on data. It is applicable to a wide variety of academic disciplines, from the natural and social sciences to the humanities, government and business.

Pretending????? That must be you...

= = = = =

Here's my methodology...

The basic methodology consists of the following five steps:

Define process improvement goals that are consistent with customer demands and the enterprise strategy.

Measure key aspects of the current process and collect relevant data.

Analyze the data to verify cause-and-effect relationships. Determine what the relationships are, and attempt to ensure that all factors have been considered.

Improve or optimize the process based upon data analysis using techniques like Design of experiments.

Control to ensure that any deviations from target are corrected before they result in defects. Set up pilot runs to establish process capability, move on to production, set up control mechanisms and continuously monitor the process.

= = = = =

Once again your sarcasm...does your position no good...

Here's one for you... www.youtube.com...

Stop DIVERTING...enjoy the video, if you have the guts...then look in the mirror!!!

HE"S WAITING

CAVEAT: That's a bit heavy I know...just responding to your level of aggression...

Now, one more time is there something specific you want to discuss around the content of the thread?

[edit on 24-11-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

The morals of the bible? Like letting your daughter be raped? Nice morals!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
OT. Ive read so many of your posts and you are my Fav on here haha.

Your threads are more clear to me than any scientific threads trying to disprove what we believe.

so thanks OT for saying how it is. im new to Christianity and i have to say that your threads have helped me out so much! SO THANKS
God bless!

SparksGordon

[edit on 17/09/2008 by sparksgordon]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparksgordon
OT. Ive read so many of your posts and you are my Fav on here haha.

Your threads are more clear to me than any scientific threads trying to disprove what we believe.

so thanks OT for saying how it is. im new to Christianity and i have to say that your threads have helped me out so much! SO THANKS
God bless!

SparksGordon

[edit on 17/09/2008 by sparksgordon]

SWEET!!!!!!

My pleasure brother!!!!

Hey, stop over here... www.abovetopsecret.com...

....I just had made a point about encouragement, please check it out...my post over there, just came to life over here!!!!

Must be that "SCOTIE....TRANSPORTER THING!"

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join