It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Did you know (many) Scientists are afraid of the Bible?”

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

O well I tried. They wanted to know. You can only show someone the door, they have to walk through it.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds

Originally posted by Pockets
reply to post by Old Man

come on, how has the bible ever been right, I want to know

Isaiah said a guy named Cyrus would destroy Babylon. 500 years later it happend.

"This is what Jehovah has said to his anointed one, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have taken hold of, to subdue before him nations, so that I may ungird even the hips of kings; to open before him the two-leaved doors, so that even the gates will not be shut"

Isaiah 45:1

Care to back any of this up? prove it was predicted before it happend. Heck, just for fun, prove it happend too.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Sorry could not resist posting this:

It'(s how they should be sold !

That's the truth, anyone who takes a fictional book written by smart men to influence not-so-smart people. To instil fear and obedience.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

XyZeR,

Good one...

Now can we have an 'intellectual' discussion ?

1) who are you 'sorry' TO?
2) from where does the irreverence come from, did you have a mean sunday school teacher?
3) why do you connect 'religion' with a sincere relationship with Jesus Christ?
4) Are you 'open' to meeting HIM?

I gotta go to worrk...thanks for joining the conversation...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by XyZeR

XyZeR,

Good one...

Thnx ! glad you're not offended by the truth

Now can we have an 'intellectual' discussion ?

About religion ? mhh that's tough, and you know it.. I'll try tho, what's your "intellectual" issue you want discussed ?
That scientists somehow fear people with bibles ?
Well imho they don't fear the bible, they fear ignorant people wielding it to make scientific points, like the ID -rubbish or creationism.

In history, religion has always had a massive power over people.
Religion is a tool, to scare people into compliance, if it were not, most Christians would act just like Jesus, and live by his (great) valeus
...but frankly, i see none of those (well maybe a few) i see the opposite, Christians for nuclear developent, against homo's, peadophile priest because it's just unnattural for a human not to have sex...i could go on but you catch my drift i guess.

1) who are you 'sorry' TO?

2) from where does the irreverence come from, did you have a mean sunday school teacher?

3) why do you connect 'religion' with a sincere relationship with Jesus Christ?

4) Are you 'open' to meeting HIM?

I gotta go to worrk...thanks for joining the conversation...

1) i'm sorry TO no-one, i'm only sorry FOR people who get spoonfed religious mumbojumbo and who accept it without ever thinking about it in a critical way.

2) the concept of "sunday-school" is an alien one in my country (i'm European) there are no sunday schools here, so i can't really adres that vague question...

3.)I'm confused now, where have i done that ? Care to quote me ? where or why did you conclude that ?

4.) Meeting "HIM" is inpossible, for HE does not exist. Pretty simple

I hope that answers some of your questions.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo

Originally posted by lucidclouds

Originally posted by Pockets
reply to post by Old Man

come on, how has the bible ever been right, I want to know

Isaiah said a guy named Cyrus would destroy Babylon. 500 years later it happend.

"This is what Jehovah has said to his anointed one, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have taken hold of, to subdue before him nations, so that I may ungird even the hips of kings; to open before him the two-leaved doors, so that even the gates will not be shut"

Isaiah 45:1

Care to back any of this up? prove it was predicted before it happend. Heck, just for fun, prove it happend too.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

Sorry I was wrong it was 200 years. But he was correct nonetheless.

Also, all I had access to was wikipedia.

Isaiah-

He lived till the fourteenth year of Hezekiah (who died 698 BC),

Wiki

In 539 BC, Cyrus captured Elam (Susiana) and its capital, Susa[citation needed]. Towards the end of September, Cyrus' armies, under the command of Gubaru, the governor of Gutium, attacked Opis on the river Tigris and defeated the Babylonian army.

On October 10, the city of Sippar was seized without a battle, with little to no resistance from the populace. It is probable that Cyrus engaged in negotiations with the Babylonian generals to obtain a compromise on their part and therefore avoid an armed confrontation.[24] Nabonidus was staying in the city at the time, and soon fled to the capital, Babylon, which he had not visited in years.[25]

Two days later, on October 12 (Julian calendar; October 7 by the Gregorian calendar), Gubaru's troops entered Babylon, again without any resistance from the Babylonian armies. Herodotus explains that to accomplish this feat, the Persians diverted the Euphrates river into a canal so that the water level dropped "to the height of the middle of a man's thigh," which allowed the invading forces to march directly through the river bed to enter at night.[26] On October 29, Cyrus himself entered the city of Babylon and detained Nabonidus.

Wiki

[edit on 18-11-2008 by lucidclouds]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

In history, religion has always had a massive power over people.
Religion is a tool, to scare people into compliance..."

3.)I'm confused now, where have i done that ? Care to quote me ? where or why did you conclude that ?

4.) Meeting "HIM" is inpossible, for HE does not exist. Pretty simple

I hope that answers some of your questions.

I'm sorry your worldview is so limited...

'Religion' is a negative to you by what you have said and also you signature...

Guess what.......it's NEGATIVE TO OT, TOO!!!

I'm not talking about man's attempt to get to God...i.e. religion

I'm talking about a relationship with the creator of the universe...did you know that JC holds the world together that we see (or don't see)

Yes he's that quantum/sub-structure that the scientists don't understand---pls look into it...at the sub sub atominc level the math doesn't add up...."why aren't things falling about" the smart ones ask...the answer is here...

1 Colossians 16 & 17 says, “For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”

More info... www.faithandhealthconnection.org...

[edit on 18-11-2008 by OldThinker]

[edit on 18-11-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here's a little diddy on that JESUS CHRIST sub structure stuff...

Enjoy!!!!!

OT

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I'm sorry your worldview is so limited...

Lol my world view is limited ?
Astonishing that you can conclude this from 1 of my posts... you're a genious.
Let me ask you a question: have you ever been out of your own country ?

'Religion' is a negative to you by what you have said and also you signature...

Nope you interpreted that totally wrong i'm afraid, to me religion in it self is not the problem, what bothers me is the abuse of religion by men in power. Or the use of the bible by people who haven't thought for themselves.
If no-one was ever curious, then technology would not exist. If everyone would just follow the bible, things would grind to a halt.

Religion (not only Christianity) has been Abused more then used for positive things.

I'm not talking about man's attempt to get to God...i.e. religion

I'm talking about a relationship with the creator of the universe...did you know that JC holds the world together that we see (or don't see)

If you want to believe that, please by all means do so. for me the notion of a "creator" is a vague and empty one, for if there is a creator, who created him. (cue the reply: god is above time and space...the easy and lame way to evade that discussion)

Yes he's that quantum/sub-structure that the scientists don't understand---pls look into it...at the sub sub atominc level the math doesn't add up...."why aren't things falling about" the smart ones ask...the answer is here...

Trust me i've looked into this a lot , i've even studied physics it at the university so, i'm pretty aware of the challenges that scientist yet have to solve, but just because it's taking them some time to solve really complex issues, doesn't mean they'll eventualy find a theory of everything, which would reconsile the seemingy conflicting things in the Standard model and Einsteins theories. why doesn't everything we know and see fall apart ?

Well it's either the elusive Higgs-bosonfield or gravitons, which scientist know they exist, but can't observe (yet) but it sure isn't Jesus christ.... this is a fact. If so, please how me where and how he does that

Hopefully the LHC will shed some light on that when it gets repaired and fires up at maximum capacity. We can only hope...

1 Colossians 16 & 17 says, “For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”

You lost me right after the Bible quote: it really doesn't make any valid points to me, sorry. to me that quote is a bunch of esoteric words, which can be interpreted anyway anyone seems fit.

To me bible quotes are man made methaphores to try and give meaning to things we don't know anything about.

Sorry but i prefer the scienitfic method in which i can observe and test proven facts and theories over a 2000 year old distorted book which gets abused more then it gets used.

there you go, my 2cents, hope that clears things up for you.

Respectfully,

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Yes, thx, crystal clear.

It will be exciting to see what is learned once they get the system up at full capacity...

Yes, l've been around the world....

It's just sad to me though to see such negative perception that's all...l've seen some much 'good' that it pains me that others like youself have not...

Appreciated the reply...btw, did you look over the video...thoughts?

OT

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

X, "... and in him all things hold together."

You have to admit, quite a statement / concept huh?

I'll keep searching with you....

OT

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I am very confused. You believe in Jesus Christ but not religion? Where is it that you heard about JC? I know it was not history class. Take away religion and its man made constructs of control and where does Jesus show up on his own?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
I am very confused. You believe in Jesus Christ but not religion? Where is it that you heard about JC? I know it was not history class. Take away religion and its man made constructs of control and where does Jesus show up on his own?

angel of lightangelo,

EXTREMELY wonderful question/observation!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's your answer... www.tonycampolo.org... ... listen to the one listed below my avatar name...

Religion = Man's attempt to figure out GOD

Jesus = God reaching to man

The difference between 'religion' and 'JC' is only 18 inches...after you listen to the thingy above I give you the answer, ok?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Sorry but i prefer the scienitfic method in which i can observe and test proven facts ....

Z, Sweet...then you'll like this... www.rzim.org...

[edit on 20-11-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Were not "afraid" of the Bible. What we have is those who know and care nothing of the scientific method. That can destroy us in a world where industry equals output.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

arbiture,

Yes your are right!!!

I am a statistician/MBB....I'm with you on the correct 'analysis' piece...

fyi...thread title is a hyperbole...spark some interest....I'm with you here good point...

Any other thoughts on the OP content?

OT

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

you should be about FROOZE up there now, huh

OT

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

angel of lightangelo, HI!

did you see my definitions/difference between religion and a (personal) relationship with JC? separate from religion?

OT curious

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

angel of lightangelo, HI!

did you see my definitions/difference between religion and a (personal) relationship with JC? separate from religion?

OT curious

Yeah, hey. Sure sure. The thing is....you cannot have Jesus Christ, son of God, without religion. You cannot take something from a religion, decide you like it, want to believe in it, but then throw away the religion that it came from.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Technically, you are right...correct!

Practically...He's my best friend...over 35 yrs....

OT hates narrowness/religion/holier than-thou-ness

I call it 'LEGALISM' google it ok?

Thanks for the reply!

OT out

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join