It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May We See Your Watches, Please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm into to time and timepieces. It's an obsession that has taken many forms over the years and now that I don't have much else to do it's become a hobby of sorts.

The advent of super-accurate timekeeping for the masses via the National Bureau of Standards and now the National Institute of Standards and Technology was one of the great discoveries of my youth and has provided me with countless hours of entertainment and satisfaction well beyond the practical function the service provides.

Do you have a thing for time pieces?

Why not share your story and a picture of one of your favorite watches or clocks?

I'll get the ball rolling.

One of my favorite watches. It was a gift from a group of friends.

[edit on 2008/10/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I do love a good looking watch...

Dream Watch:

Actual Watch

I hope one day to be sporting that Dream Watch...

sigh****.... But not today

Semper

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My grandfather's rolex oyster datejust - light blue face, stainless band/body. a bit small for my wrist but it has the sentimental thing going
link to similar watch. the face on mine is light blue
www.trocadero.com...

Festina Tour De France (2007 I think) - orange face, black/orange rubber band - can't find a pic. cheap watch that gets a ton of attention for some reason - might be the bright orange face

Cartier pasha seatimer - wedding present from the wife

old bertollucci watch - 16th birthday present. the image below is the watch but mine is gold and silver on the body and the band is green ostrich

edited to add:
dream watch:
a. lange & sohn - a few I like

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I love watches....I have jewelry box full of them. I have the Gucci I got for my highschool graduation that I had to beg for for years, the Italian gold I got for college graduation, and a collection of 6 Skagens that are my everyday watches.

I have to have a watch on whenever I leave the house or I feel naked. It throws me off all day if I forget my watch.

My absolute favorite though is my Invicta Diamond Baby Lupah:

I love this watch....it's heavy, it sparkles, and it just looks good.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My more formal watch is:

Raymond Weil Geneve Parsifal - One of the cool things about the watch is that it's just over 1/8 of an inch thick.

My kick around watch is:

Timex Ironman Triathlon (Stainless) - I know it's not traditional with the digital display but I'm in love with this watch..it's use, functions and style really resonate with me.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Great watches.

I'm a fan of both Invicta and Timex. Both brands are wildly popular, but often looked down on unfairly.

Invicta has had some growing pains, but they make and sell so many watches that some complaints are bound to surface, often to the exclusion of the silently satisfied.

Of course, names like Rolex, Cartier, Lange, and others are among the most hallowed in the industry.

Citizen is a strong brand with a strong following and I'm a fan of theirs, as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I used to be addicted to digital displays, especially the Casio Data Bank/Calculator watches.

When I was a student, before the rise of the affordable cell phone, these watches used to be the best way to keep important contact data handy.

I have only one digital display watch today and it is a Casio G-Shock.

[edit on 2008/11/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I love watches, but I'm the sort of person that looses those sort of things far too often, it's because I take them off at every opertinity. I'm a hands on person so when I get up to my elbows in something I take the watch off... Of course watches are a bit like nice pens - as soon as they are out of your sight most of the world sees them as fair game, and then they are gone :bnghd::bash:

So for that reason I quite like the cheaper end of the scale. I haven't worn a watch for a couple of years now, but this is the last one I owned (tempporally
)

It was kindof neat, at the time I was working in the field using a lot of plans, the digital compass saved so much time just confirming where north was (although I never had a problem with accuracy I gotta say I'd not want to use it for anything serious like hiking!!) It did all the basics, had the good backlight. Tough little thing too. Very good value for money, might get another.

But your all on about nice watches here so I gotta say I really love all these ones that come from a Japeneese maker called Tokyo Flash...

Take that one as an example (one of my favs).

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I've had so many watches over the years,I always break or lose them,I had a Rolex old employer bought in Lebanon for 3500,wore it one day guy offered me 5k so I sold it,I have asst of Bulova and Seiko

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have lots of watches, but the one i have been wearing lately is a Spongebob watch. I guess I don't take time as serious as you guys.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I rarely wear a watch, as I cannot stand the feeling of something around my wrist. (Strange I know).
But I do have a time piece, a key chain, on my small purse, that I carry with me everywhere. It suits my personality, and I even have my own license with it..

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That's cool Access.. I am Laurie by the way.....

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
That's cool Access.. I am Laurie by the way.....

WAY COOL!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My Citizen 3100.

It's the only watch I wear.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My Geneva timepiece (that needs a new battery)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i love watchea too but i only have two of them. i have a relic that i wear all the time and a citizen that i bust out on special occasions.
i wish i could afford to buy more.

i never leave the house without one on either. i feel naked without one on

top topics

join