It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like Ahmedinejad :D

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I just watched his interview with Larry King and enjoyed it a lot. I don't agree that the holocaust was exagerated or that homosexuality can cause social problems but I thought everything he said except those two things were sensible and I enjoyed litstening to him talk. I can't say the same about US figureheads.

I will clarify where I stand on the matter now as its innevitable that I otherwise would have to add this later. I think the US is acting quite shamefully at the minute with regard to Iraq and foreign policy and the treatment of its own people. I am appalled at the lack of free health care and what appears to be very shoddy education system for the working classes in the United States.

I am horrified by the images and stories of torture in Iraq and elsewhere. Soldiers go cruising around in tanks blasting out death metal killing people. I find the behaviour of some of the Americans truely horrifying and I dont see much difference politically between the current state of US politics and the Nazi party in the mid-late 1930s.

That will probably annoy quite a few people. I am really interested in Iran and think they have an amazing history. The Parthians were the only people (plus the Germans) that could hold their own against the Romans. Historically they were magnificent. I do really want to go there but I'm scared to because of all the rubbish being cooked up by the US. Anyway I recommend watching this interview as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I reckon there'll be quite a backlash for this. Eh well.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Mister E]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I don't have much problems with him either

www.youtube.com...

Ever since I seen that video I know enough.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Edit - Double post,

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I like him too, he has a good sense of humor. I have not heard him speak much but he seems like a very bright guy.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wasn't his father an ordinary farmer, or something?

I guess that would make him exceptionally bright, to be able to raise up from the working class in an area such as Iran.

I find myself to usually be a good judge of character as well, and aside from the obvious slips in judgement (there must be some basis for such rediculous claims... then again, I thought Tom Cruise was intelligent as well until he became a Scientologist. Guess it just goes to show that even extremely intelligent people can have bad judgement), I see an intriguing person.

I have not watched the video yet (and cannot until I come home from work), but I expect that it will only re-enforce my opinion.

On the flip side (because I have to play devil's advocate with myself as well as everyone else), it was said that Hitler was extremely charismatic as well. Charisma can fool even the most empathic among us for a short time.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I abhor his country and believe it should be made into a sheet of glass.

I despise his religion even more.

BUT, you can see his passion when he talks. There is no lying within him. He is a simple man with humble upbringings. He has been made into a world player and he has a little ego problem, but it is manageable.

The guy would have thrived if he would have been born in the USA, most likely a President (at least a candidate) after a short stint in Congress.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky

BUT, you can see his passion when he talks. There is no lying within him. He is a simple man with humble upbringings. He has been made into a world player and he has a little ego problem, but it is manageable.

The guy would have thrived if he would have been born in the USA, most likely a President (at least a candidate) after a short stint in Congress.

LOL I take it you are religious yourself? Do you know that Jesus is mentioned more times in the Qu'ran than Mohammed? I personally think organised religion is essentially just ignorance but from all the muslims I've met (and I've met a lot) I usually get the impression that for the most part they are pretty harmless. Now for some Omid Djalili!!!!!

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

If you watch these you might learn something.

(Theres no way a guy like him would get any where in US politics. He is actually sincere and honest. Sorry.)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ahmedingdong is a devote 12er. It is his belief that HE can bring back the 12th mahdi by bring on armageddon. Do a little research people before you praise Hitler the second..........................

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I wouldn't say that I abhor his country

It has such a fantastic history, with SO much culture. We don't get to see a lot of that now, due to political tensions. One day, I can only hope that the world is calm enough for me to go there as a tourist

I don't hate anyone for thier religion. It is the person, generally, that makes a religion into an excuse for violence. An intelligent, discerning individual can pick out the good, leaving the parts that belong there in the trash.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Ahmedingdong is a devote 12er. It is his belief that HE can bring back the 12th mahdi by bring on armageddon. Do a little research people before you praise Hitler the second..........................

Sorry please could you put that into English? Thankyou.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've been to Iran a couple of times, even after the of the revolutionary government took over up until five years ago. It's a beautiful place (definately not a desert, I'd have to compare it to Colorado), has beautiful and incredibly welcoming people, and was becoming a very progressive place...until the whole "axis of evil" mess from Bush, and then sanctions...which forced the religious part of the government to clamp down on progress. My cousins in Iran have been involved in people's movements against the current government, and from what they're saying, the government's actually listening.

But yeah, the only reason I'd be afraid to visit Iran is if Israel or the United States (or even Russia) jumps the gun...literally.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyrTheSeeker
Wasn't his father an ordinary farmer, or something?

I guess that would make him exceptionally bright, to be able to raise up from the working class in an area such as Iran.

I find myself to usually be a good judge of character as well, and aside from the obvious slips in judgement (there must be some basis for such rediculous claims... then again, I thought Tom Cruise was intelligent as well until he became a Scientologist. Guess it just goes to show that even extremely intelligent people can have bad judgement), I see an intriguing person.

I have not watched the video yet (and cannot until I come home from work), but I expect that it will only re-enforce my opinion.

On the flip side (because I have to play devil's advocate with myself as well as everyone else), it was said that Hitler was extremely charismatic as well. Charisma can fool even the most empathic among us for a short time.

Yeh I dont like Cruise because of that. I actually don't think he is particularly charismatic at all. I liked him because his arguments and points of view made sense and I agreed with him on most things.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not sure why but this annonymous post didn't come up on the main thread but they put this:

'I've been to Iran a couple of times, even after the of the revolutionary government took over up until five years ago. It's a beautiful place (definately not a desert, I'd have to compare it to Colorado), has beautiful and incredibly welcoming people, and was becoming a very progressive place...until the whole "axis of evil" mess from Bush, and then sanctions...which forced the religious part of the government to clamp down on progress. My cousins in Iran have been involved in people's movements against the current government, and from what they're saying, the government's actually listening.

But yeah, the only reason I'd be afraid to visit Iran is if Israel or the United States (or even Russia) jumps the gun...literally.'

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister E
It's a beautiful place (definately not a desert, I'd have to compare it to Colorado), has beautiful and incredibly welcoming people, and was becoming a very progressive place

I visited Iran about 5 years ago and yes, it is a beautiful country. The people are very polite, clean, and welcoming, even to an American.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Care to say why???

...taps...

[edit on 4-10-2008 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Mister E,
If you like Akkie so much why don't you immigrate to Iran and live a year or so and report back whether your hunches were confirmed.
BP

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Mister E,
If you like Akkie so much why don't you immigrate to Iran and live a year or so and report back whether your hunches were confirmed.
BP

Well I am planning on going there.

Classic fluffy cat argument hahaha! (That is a Persian cat. Persia = Iran)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MyrTheSeeker

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
LOL is this really in an axis of evil?

www.iranian.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

your post is disgusting and reeks of racism , and the statement of yours reminds people of nazis .........

no wonders , many people want Russia to rid the world of US imperialism and potentially USA itself ...

stop with that arrogant hate bile of yours

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join