It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china to expose americas moon walk

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
For China to reach the moon they are first going to have to stop spoofing spacewalks in their POOLS.

Those were BUBBLES people... BUBBLES... Not tumbling debris shooting out of the REGULATOR.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Originally posted by Biscuit
Also people seem to be under the impression that they passed through the VAB in THIS. When in actuality they were in THIS

Really it was an amazing series of components each designed for a specific purpose.

Yah, your right, but what about on the way home? Did the lunar module crawl back into the space ship for the journey back through the belt?

And I dunno who said it up there, but they made some reference to there being no atmosphere - now im definitely no moon pro or anything, but I coulda sworn many times on this forum people have claimed that there actually is some atmosphere, just not as much as on earth.

Just my 2 cents!

EDIT: It was phage who quoted external content under the "Moon Dust" section, they claim no atmosphere.. thats what im talking bout in my post

[edit on 11-10-2008 by king9072]

The moon has no atmosphere and when on a site that deals with speculations such as this thread for example all ways check the facts.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
For China to reach the moon they are first going to have to stop spoofing spacewalks in their POOLS.

Those were BUBBLES people... BUBBLES... Not tumbling debris shooting out of the REGULATOR.

Yah I always thought it was weird how people had so many explainations for what those "bubbles" could have been.

What strikes me as truly odd, is that in the hundreds of videos of russian/canadian/american etc space walks, the same phenomena does not occur. Weirrrrdddddd...

EDIT: Thanks dragon for your clarification on the atmosphere
I figured if 100 monkeys threw poop, I should just throw poop too

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Also people seem to be under the impression that they passed through the VAB in THIS. When in actuality they were in THIS

Really it was an amazing series of components each designed for a specific purpose.

Yah, your right, but what about on the way home? Did the lunar module crawl back into the space ship for the journey back through the belt?

Ummm you really don't know much about the missions do you? One of the three crew stayed in the command module in orbit around the moon while the other two went down in the lunar lander. When they were done on the moon the upper portion of the LL lifted off from the base carrying enough fuel to maneuver are reconnect with the orbiting command module. The two astronauts rejoined their friend in the command module and jettisoned the LL. All three then rode back in the command module to earth for their eventual splash down
splash down
Seriously if you do not even know how the missions took place how can you possibly believe it was hoaxed? I thought the motto here was "deny ignorance" not "embrace ignorance in order to form ridiculous theories based on incomplete knowledge."

Here is great slide show set to REM showing all the stages of an apollo mission.
Apollo 11

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Almost - the LM docked with the Command Module. The crew then transferred to the Service and Command Modules which then returned to Earth (via the Van Allen Belts), before the Command Module separated from the Service Module and splashed down.

Hmmm! Biscuit beat me to it and answered far better than I did - Mods please feel free to remove this post.

[edit on 11/10/08 by Insomniac]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
to Atlantican and king,

Have you guys ever gone scuba diving? If you have you would know that bubbles under water behave very differently than what is seen in the footage of chinese astronauts space walking.
bubbles

King you state that no space debris has ever been filmed during a space walk. I highly doubt you watched all the hours of footage of space walks and are instead making this up. Unless of course you back your statement up with facts.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

If the camera was controled from the ground (earth) so perfectly, what about the delay caused by the travel time of the signal from there to here? AND BACK AGAIN!

Also, the camera location was quite a distace from the lander, but in vacumn, still well within the blast path of the rocket engines. Oh yeh, the ones that left no contrail or exhaust plume?

I have an original moon photo with the rover pictured in it and it is LARGE. It does not collapse, fold or do anything else that would have allowed it fit inside the lander.

The landing was staged and a bunch of BULL S**T.

I believe we got there but not in the manner they have portrayed.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptical29
reply to post by Zaphod58

If the camera was controled from the ground (earth) so perfectly, what about the delay caused by the travel time of the signal from there to here? AND BACK AGAIN!

Also, the camera location was quite a distace from the lander, but in vacumn, still well within the blast path of the rocket engines. Oh yeh, the ones that left no contrail or exhaust plume?

I have an original moon photo with the rover pictured in it and it is LARGE. It does not collapse, fold or do anything else that would have allowed it fit inside the lander.

The landing was staged and a bunch of BULL S**T.

I believe we got there but not in the manner they have portrayed.

The timing of the shot was practiced beforehand.

I had worked with Ed Fendell for the Apollo 17 liftoff to get it exactly right for a long tracking shot. At liftoff, the action was perfect, but soon the image of the ascending capsule drifted out at the top of the frame. Ed was furious that, after all the calculations, we missed the mark.

Source

Because there is no atmosphere on the moon the "blast" of the rocket doesn't really travel very far but besides that the camera was attached to the rover at the time of the launch.

Rover deployment demonstration (on earth)
history.nasa.gov...

Rover deployment on the moon (time lapse)
history.nasa.gov...

Stowed against the side of the LM's descent stage in a collapsed configuration, the Rover was designed to unfurl as it was deployed onto the surface. The chassis frame was hinged in two places so that the front and rear axles with the wheels were folded across the centre part of the chassis. All four wheels also folded inwards, across the chassis. As the Rover was removed from its bay by pulling a series of lanyards, the hinged chassis unfolded under the influence of a series of spring loaded actuators and the wheels deployed sideways. The moveable parts were then locked into position by latch pins that were pushed home by the crew when the Rover was settled on the ground.

Source

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I really should stop reading threads like this, because it just riles me up.

Distilled, this thread goes something like:
Hoaxer> This video shows it was faked, look at x, y, and z.
Realist> x, y, and z have been debunked
Hoaxer> Dont just say its been debunked, do it again.... yourself.... personally.... now, for me.
Realist> OK, reason for X, reason for Y and reason for z
Hoaxer> NO. Dont just debunk it, you have to watch the movie first or it doesnt count.
Realist> OK, having seen the movie, reason for X, reason for Y, reason for Z including reference to quotes.
Hoaxer> You cant just say there are quotes, I have to see them. Show me.
Realist> Here...
Hoaxer> Pfft, theres no science in that quote, it doesnt count. Oh, and what about E, F and G.
Realist> Again, i cant be bothered rehashing this again, how about looking at this, or this. Oh, and how about you answer Q.
Hoaxer> You cant explain e f and g, i win.
Realist> OK, whatever, but your responce to Q is?
Hoaxer> Ignores Q.

At this point, swap all the letters out, insert new ones, and start again.

I realize everyone has their point of view, and i KNOW, as much as most people wouldnt admit it, no amount of evidence will change many peoples minds either way.
But there comes a point in a debate or a discussion, where you have to stop adding qualifiers and expectations to what you will and wont accept. If youre genuine, you have to answer some questions presented to you.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There are many videos showing the actual deployment of the rover from a folded position on the exterior of the LM. It shouldn't take anyone much time to find this video. I expect rather than this effort being made someone will demand I present it to them on a platter, but I'd rather actually watch that step happen to show that you people don't verify anything you read on a conspiracy website. Seriously, go look. It really does UNFOLD. It was designed that way and you can see many documentaries and blueprints showing this being prepared ahead of time and even explanations for why it was designed that way.

Additionally, anyone still clinging to that Bart Sibrel video seriously needs to go here:

www.clavius.org...

There are lots more debunkings that pick apart every detail of it, but that is most of it in one good shot. If you want a very specific crushing of the silly "faking the window shot" segment (really, this such a silly thing for someone to fall for) I will provide that, too. Just ask. When these guys say this stuff has been debunked convincingly and thoroughly over and over, they mean it. It really has.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorgonian

Yeah, after growing up in Huntsville, Alabama, it makes me mad that people out there can make garbage about what was done here and other places to put man on the moon. The conspiracy theorists seem to want conversation and stars more than an answer. Their ideas have been debunked repeatedly but they rehash them because they cannot be bothered to find an answer. Couldn't fold the rover up???!

There is a miniature rover made of wood that children can personally fold up at the space and rocket center to see how it fit. People need to understand how American and German engineering mixed with pressure to hurry developed something awesome. The best way to convince someone is not with an elaborate lie but with the truth.

People aren't willing to learn new things before they analyze what their eyes tell them. They make inferences based on induction using past experiences as premises. I don't get this and I do think I have seen it before therefore it is false. Okay, so this and this and this could not have been done on earth, true, but this doesn't make sense to me. Therefore it's all a lie. Stop asking for scientific number proof because when it is presented, these CT types get all mad and ask for more and more and more.

People don't get that the moon is not the same as earth and one could take a lifetime learning about it and its geology and how light behaves with it and why 6 feet of lead will defend you against a massive nuke but not practically against the van allen belt (hint, radiation is not a constant thing but no one seems to care.)

Your dentist goes behind a lead shield because he would be highly exposed over and over again. Over time this is dangerous. The moon travelers realized that a shorter time in a high intensity part of the Van allen belt resulted in a very small amount of radiation. And Van Allen denies on TV that his belt would be of much danger to the astronauts and some person says this isn't good enough! Conversely if someone with a phd got on tv and said that the van allen belts would hurt astronauts astronomically then the CTs would lap it up regardless of scientific merit.

I think the fact that the man who's name is on those belts is the final word on them regardless of what program he says it on!
And the Russians? They watched us all the way up and back. They could detect a hoax much easier than an internet person. They were very smart and might have gotten ahead but we beat em. Don't believe it? That's your problem and your loss for not learning and understanding.

This garbage about "open your eyes sheeple"? Yeah, a blind man is talking to you.

woah. get off my soap box...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The moon landing could not have happened without assistance from other countries. That famous moon walk happened when it was out of communications range in the northern hemisphere. That was okay because we down here in Aussie had it covered. The whole moon walk was received at Parks radio telescope and routed back to the USA via cable. It happens that the moon walk nearly didn’t go to air because the moon was only just rising down here at the time. The Park RT is huge I think the largest centre pivoted in the world. Apart from the moon being just below the horizon a wind storm was raging in the area of Parks at the time. Anyhow to cut a long story short – The parks team braved the wind that should have destroyed the dish and with the rim of this huge dish virtually in the ground you and the rest of the world was able to watch it live and now its all on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Actually it was a little more complicated than the movie (The Dish) portrayed. The point I am trying to make is there are too many people involved and from other countries for it to be a conspiracy. The cat would be out the bag officially by now.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is one conspiracy i wish would go away...i believe in Extraterrestrials and the New World Order but i do not and will never believe in a fake moon landing conspiracy. I would be way more worried about the NWO because there is already proof for that one and believe me that's WAY more important then some fake moon landing.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.x211
This is one conspiracy i wish would go away...i believe in Extraterrestrials and the New World Order but i do not and will never believe in a fake moon landing conspiracy. I would be way more worried about the NWO because there is already proof for that one and believe me that's WAY more important then some fake moon landing.

Please do not derail this thread into NWO nonsense. We are just barely on topic as is.

That is really cool stuff about the rover. However you should check out the new one!
New Lunar Rover

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Biscuit]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I do fail to see how checking out the new rover confirms a previous moon landing or not. Anyone with doubts needs evidence that the images of astronauts on the moon were beamed from the moon and received on earth. Alternatively a high-power telescope might see the landing location but I don't think we are quite there yet.

So why not go to Wiki for more info
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
HELLO

Don't you think that the US, UK, France, Japan, Russia, India, Australia hell the entire world world have published the fact the chinese moon walks were faked. GET A GRIP.

I whole heartedly congratulate the chinese on their achievement and look forward to them going to the moon...because boy's and girls they will land there before the americans. Although the us aren't involving themselves in the new space race they are going to get left behind.

And to all the ats'ers who have said the footage was filmed underwater...ill have some of what your on...seems like you live in a perfect paranoid world....

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ian990003100
HELLO

Don't you think that the US, UK, France, Japan, Russia, India, Australia hell the entire world world have published the fact the chinese moon walks were faked. GET A GRIP.

I whole heartedly congratulate the chinese on their achievement and look forward to them going to the moon...because boy's and girls they will land there before the americans. Although the us aren't involving themselves in the new space race they are going to get left behind.

And to all the ats'ers who have said the footage was filmed underwater...ill have some of what your on...seems like you live in a perfect paranoid world....

any chance you have those "genuine" apollo tapes you were putting onto dvd MONTHS ago
Here BEFORE you start criticizing anyone else on ATS

only been waiting 7 months

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by newagent89

Great post, i have starred it

(do smileys count so its not a one liner?)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join