It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china to expose americas moon walk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Chinas intention to put a man on the moon will put to rest americas fake moon walk. The astranuats that walk on the moon said the surface of the moon was soft powder like apparence how does dust settle where ther is no gravity everyone consentrates on the shadows of the landing pod, but with no atmosphere tavelling at what ever speed that the moon travels and no gravity how could there be any dusty surface on the moon as seen on this video the dust falls quicker than the astranuats how does that work

Im sorry every youtube link I have tried keeps telling me the video address is malformed but look it up on you tube and see what you think and check out the flag where is the solar wind the flag doesnt move at all

[edit on 10/4/2008 by mullet35]

mod edit: video code

[edit on 10/4/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You didn't pay attention when you learned about the moon did you. The moon DOES have gravity, or no one could land on it. It has about 1/6th the gravity of earth. Which is why things fall to the ground there.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The moon has gravity, I believe it is 1/6th that off Earth. What's your point?

This isn't a one line post....

EDIT: Damn it, Zaphod beat me. But at least I know the 1/6th figure was correct!

[edit on 4/10/08 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
what about solar winds with the gravity 1/6 of earth that dust would virtually be weightless and how is it that it settles as quick as what it does all appologies for the no gravity thing I do beleive that the moon walk did not happen and just exploring options

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov...
checkout this sight and you may be able to explain it because I am having a hrad time understanding how there is dust on the moon when the winds are that strong

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If China does get to the moon, it will make these messages boards very, very interesting for a while.

There's going to be dozens of threads about how it proves the Americans were faking. There's going to be uproar from some Americans just unable to accept anyone else got to 'their' moon and therefore the Chinese must be faking it. There's going to be threads how the Chinese and the Americans must now be sharing some massive secret about our space brothers, despite all the other conspiracy theories that pit China and America against each other.

As someone interested in conspiracies, I can't wait!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The moon has an atmosphere too. It's very thin, but it's capable of keeping dust on the ground. If there was no atmosphere up there then you wouldn't see dust or anything else on the ground.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mullet35

Here is an interesting paragraph which seems to go some way to explaining why the "dust" isn't blown into space:

Roughly once every Lunar orbit, the Moon passes through Earth's magnetotail for approximately 6 days. Interaction with the plasma sheet causes the Moon's surface to become negatively charged. On the Moon's dayside this effect is counteracted to a degree by sunlight: ultraviolet photons knock electrons back off the surface, keeping the build-up of charge at relatively low levels. But on the nightside electrons accumulate and surface voltages can climb to hundreds or thousands of volts. There's growing evidence that fine particles of moondust might actually float, ejected from the lunar surface by electrostatic repulsion. This could create a temporary nighttime "atmosphere" of dust. The moondust atmosphere might also gather itself into a sort of diaphanous wind. Drawn by differences in global charge accumulation, floating dust would naturally fly from the strongly-negative nightside to the weakly-negative dayside. This "dust storm" effect would be strongest at the Moon's terminator. Much of these details are still speculative, but the Lunar Prospector spacecraft detected changes in the lunar nightside voltage during magnetotail crossings, jumping from -200 V to -1000 V. The plasma sheet is a very dynamic structure, in a constant state of motion, so as the Moon orbits through the magnetotail the plasma sheet can sweep across it many times with encounters lasting anywhere from minutes to hours or even days.[2]

Link

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
That sounds pretty good its just a thin atmosphere and such strong winds, your talking about a minimum of 300kmh winds and I sort of understand the whole idea of the charged but I didnt think soil can be energised or carry any charge for that matter its not a conductor I apoligize for my ignorance you just dont know if you dont seek out knowledge

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

If have got it wrong and you are actually talking about a magnetic charge would'nt all the dust have of a metal compasit

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
zebu.uoregon.edu...
Check out this site its this kind of thing that makes things a little confusing

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think you should watch "What really happend on the moon" or "A funny thing happend on the way to the moon." You will find the real questions you should be asking. The rooster tails that clearly show an atmosphere behind the rover, the fact that the LEM was not designed to hold the rover, there is no room for it no matter how it was reconfigured. how 1/8th inch aluminum protected the astronauts through the van allen belts. These are just a few. There is also the footage of the astronauts 3 days out faking a great distance when clearly in earth's orbit still. So I can believe they faked this footage for another reason but I have a hard time understanding how they were at the moon within 24 hours from earth orbit. This is just a good place to start.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mullet35

You don't have to have a metal present to carry a charge, although I imagine there is metal present in the soil.

With the High energy photons hitting the moons surface, they dislodge electrons, causing charge to build up in places exposed to solar wind. This electrical activity probably goes a long way to keeping the dust all "stuck" together, rather than having it blow away, per se.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Take a look at the picture below, would you really board this "craft" if someone told you it will take you to the moon?

Take a close look at it.

To me (the un-trained eye) it looks as if it is made of cardboard boxes,tin foil,some plastic poles,and duct tape.

Blow the image up with link below and note the gaps in the joints in the top section.....surely if something was going to the moon it would not look this flimsy?

Full size image.
www.panoramas.dk...

Full size image.
www.panoramas.dk...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

and no gravity how could there be any dusty surface on the moon as seen on this video the dust falls quicker than the astranuats how does that work

I haven't seen these particular videos, but even at 1/6 Earth's gravity, dust shouldn't be falling quicker than the astronauts themselves. Aren't they supposed to be under the same gravitation?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mullet35
That sounds pretty good its just a thin atmosphere and such strong winds, your talking about a minimum of 300kmh winds and I sort of understand the whole idea of the charged but I didnt think soil can be energised or carry any charge for that matter its not a conductor I apoligize for my ignorance you just dont know if you dont seek out knowledge

Maybe I'm being dense here but what 300kmh winds are you talking about? One of the things that comes up time and time again is the waving flag! How can the flag wave if there's no atmosphere or wind? And the answer is always that the moon is a vacuum therefore the flag is moving because the pole is flexing. Seems reasonable? Now I'm being told there's 300kmh winds on the moon! "What?"

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
Take a look at the picture below, would you really board this "craft" if someone told you it will take you to the moon?

Take a close look at it.

To me (the un-trained eye) it looks as if it is made of cardboard boxes,tin foil,some plastic poles,and duct tape.

Blow the image up with link below and note the gaps in the joints in the top section.....surely if something was going to the moon it would not look this flimsy?

I've often looked at similar pictures of the LM and thought the same. I was born the year before the Apollo 11 transmission and during the early to mid-1970s was obsessed with the Apollo missions. Even then, it seemed so fragile and unlikely, but back then, this merely infused the idea that the astronauts were so brave and the whole thing was all the more amazing.

As an adult, I look at it and I genuinely flinch at the flimsiness of it. When I think specifically of the Apollo 13 mission and the problems the crew dealt with, it makes me wonder how they could tell apart which parts they cobbled together from the parts that looked cobbled together when they left Earth.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I just watched an intrestig documentry on youtube called:

Moon Landing A Fake or Fact

I recomend watching it

Heres another question
I just watched a short clip of the LM takeing off from the moon the camera follows it untill it leaves the screen.

Who flimed that? i know the easy answer is to say "motion sensor video"

But it just doesnt look like motion sensor video to me, it looks like someone filmed it?

you can watch it Here its about 1/2 way down the page

[edit on 4-10-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It was a remote controlled camera that was in the leg of the lander. It was the same one that unfolded to film Armstrong coming out the door. It was controlled from the ground and tipped up to watch the take off.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
China should be careful calling people out for "lies".

Fake olympic fireworks, fake reports from space, fake documents for 13yr old gymnasts. I could go on...

Does China really want to open this can of worms?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join