It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Antenna-Like Structure On The Moon!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VernonBC

The original development of the film was made on board of the Lunar Orbiter. The film was scanned and transmitted to Earth, where it was recreated is stripes (the framelets) and the groups of framelets that made up a complete photo were reassembled and photographed.

That is why these photos have so many signs of handling problems, they are the result of too many processes.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Looks like a photo glitch/smear.

Or perhaps an early test of Direct-TV.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Some very bright illumination/reflection on that communications dish on top of the tower, considering the sunlight direction is coming from the right side of the frame.

Was LO-II equiped with a really bright flash cube?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for that explanation ArMaP. It appears each step along the way had flaws that created artifacts. Considering when it was done - the fact that they could do it was a feat in itself. I wonder if they had saved the original data somewhere if they could put the strips together more accurately now and remove one set of flaws out of the process.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Since it's not casting any shadow whatsover, I suspect it isn't real.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ok, so what about this? Another tall structure. This doesn't seem to be a photographic glitch. Probably L/S effect?

Source image: LPI

Now I need a kick in the butt for not including the image number which I plain forgot and can't remember where it is!
I'm on it, though!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
I wonder if they had saved the original data somewhere if they could put the strips together more accurately now and remove one set of flaws out of the process.

The ORIGINAL negatives were deliberately crashed on the Moon

The Original data tapes however are in an abandoned McDonald's where they are attempting to make machines work to read it

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You made even me laugh with that one Zorgon. It just sounds so damned ridiculous. More so because it's true.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You made even me laugh with that one Zorgon. It just sounds so damned ridiculous. More so because it's true.

Its all in the timing

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   

To me it does not look like a tower at all rather somthing fast moving to fast for the film to catch hence the trail left behind and if you look it does not meet the ground

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ummm why would you sit back and wait for the debunkers AFTER you say a 'great find'

Because the nay sayers can do the grunt work.
They love it.
After a few of them post I’ll read what they present as *evidence* (or lack there of) and make my judgment from there. NOTE: My judgment having nothing to do with the authenticity of the picture (or post in question) but a judgment if I'll then go forward and do some reseach on my own.

You've no idea how many times something's been posted - I get excited about the new *find* begin to spend my precious time researching it only to come back to ATS and read how the *find* was either posted 3 months ago and has been disproved, the OP was a joke, it's *obviously photoshopped* after someone else with the wherewith all checks it out, etc.

Yes, to some extent I want to be spoon fed - just too many bogus photos and info here on ATS to try and search for the authenticity (or not) of each and every one that catches my eye.

It's a great find, sure.
I mean just look at it.

But am I looking at a great find - a real honest to good *something*?
Or a great find of real honest to good something that smells?

...taps...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

why cant we google earth the moon or outerspace?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Missing Mosquito Man

Yep! We can! Just download NASA's World Wind and click on Moon > Clementine 40X and you're in business! But what you want to see will most probably not be there. Remember that World Wind (Moon) was made with just 20% of the images sent by Clementine. So you'll see a lot of 'missing data' areas that are black. The remainder 80% of the images were never disclosed to the public! Hmmm...Fishy, what?

Now you can make your own conclusions!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Isn't there any observatory from which you can get a clear look at the moon??
Or can you get a good view with a high-end telescope?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sfen Senterra
Isn't there any observatory from which you can get a clear look at the moon??

No

Or can you get a good view with a high-end telescope?

Good view? Yes

Warning HUGE file

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
The remainder 80% of the images were never disclosed to the public! Hmmm...Fishy, what?

But then some of us are not 'public'

The above image is 10% of the actual size... for you the public

There are two interesting items in this one..

Naturally the 'clips' are from the 100% 'non public' view

My favorite is this one

The above is Reiner Crater... the full image is Reiner Gamma, one of the huge magnetic anomalies on the Moon (Near Side)

On the Farside exactly opposite is this one... Mare Marginis, also a magnetic anomaly

Now I could show more... but then no one is interested so back to your regularly scheduled fuzzy old 20% black and white Clementine data sets

[edit on 5-10-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If those are pictures of the moon... The moon looks hollow.....

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sfen Senterra
If those are pictures of the moon...

Nah most likely some cool sci fi art

The moon looks hollow.....

How you figure?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm "public".
www.mapaplanet.org...

A really interesting thing about the Reiner Gamma formation (on the left side of the image) is that even though it appears to be a weird looking crater, it isn't.

As this shaded relief image shows, it is actually a very flat area.

The bright swirly stuff on the surface seems to be associated with the magnetic anomaly but the cause is unclear. There is a theory that cometary material may be involved.

By the way the antipode of Mare Marginis (which is on the edge of the nearside not really the farside, thus "Sea of the Edge") is Mare Orientale. Quite a distance from Reiner. That's another perplexing thing about origin of Reiner Gamma, there is no anomaly at it's antipode.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join