It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Who here thinks that the bailout will not do anything to stop the worlds ecomony from going down but infact is only helping the wall street bankers prepare for it

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mullet35

I think the bailout is a complete joke to be honest, it scares me. I think the gov't just wants an excuse to get rid of the taxpayers money that they have stored up and see this as ample opportunity.

I have my own bailout plan, give $1 million to every family who's income is lower than $250,000. Let them use it in any way they want, pay off mortgage's, car payments, student loans and whatever else they're in debt for, than they all will more than likely blow the money on hobbies and extras such as new house, new car, 4 wheelers, another new car. Pumping money into the whole car industry, fixing the housing market (it BLOWS here in Vegas) and helping out banking situation and stock market. I think it'd create an influx in the economy. Better than trusting all that money (which i hear just might get bumped up to a trillion) with politicians.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
reply to post by mullet35

I have my own bailout plan, give $1 million to every family who's income is lower than $250,000......

I've thought about stuff like this before.. it would be great wouldn't it? I think though that it would just make inflation rise like crazy.

If I got a million my first move would be to quit work and live off the interest but I don't think it would be plausible if everyone was relatively wealthy because of the inflation problem.

If inflation didn't rocket another problem would be that all the people who make the cars (and other spoils) that we'd spend our million on would no longer need to work, ergo there would be no industries to inject the money back into.

I hope I've made sense. I'm not slamming you either, just putting my thoughts into the mix.

One thing that annoys me a little bit is the fact that there's starving families all over the world and nothing's being done but as sonn as there's a problem at home, a load of money comes out to help. I know it's not that simple from so many angles but it's a thought that annoys me.

Take it easy.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by and14263]

new topics

join