It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Addendum Released

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

While I admit the religious aspect of the two documentaries is a contentious subject, it would be erroneous of one to just focus solely on this aspect as a reason to debunk all the other information relating to the NWO, Fed Reserve etc etc.

agreed. there are gems, but the fact the gems are interspersed between moments of aggregious translations of ancient documents, proves to me one thing: they have an agenda, and that agenda looks just like communism. i will say it again, i will not be a drone. they will not tell me what books to read, what to teach my children, what to eat, how to act, or where to do whatever it is i'm going to do, at least, not if i have any say over it. freedom is a double edged sword, because although you may enjoy your particular brand of it, you must also agree to let others have theirs. and since that's NOT what zeitgeist is promoting, to me, it's just communist propaganda -- everyone's a drone for the state and can't even think their own flippin' thoughts

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Question: Have you actually watched Addendum yet? It seems as though you may be deriving your posts from what others have said about the movie.

From en.wikipedia.org...

Communism is a socioeconomic structure that promotes the establishment of an egalitarian, classless, stateless society based on common ownership of the means of production and property in general.

Communism, in theory, is actually a workable solution when it is not abused or misinterpreted.

The communist movement has attempted to produce a communist society by setting up political parties, which in some cases have become governments. These attempts have never produced a communist society, and have frequently led to totalitarian states.

This is why Communism is seen as an enemy to freedom and the people. Greed and corruption and a misunderstanding of the premise of Communism has altered public perception of what Communism is.

If anything, Zeitgeist and Zeitgeist Addendum are advocating a government free society, one free from the monetary system and based solely on the betterment of humankind as a symbiotic whole. By focusing on the betterment of our standard of living, and the progression of humankind as a whole, inspiration and incentive to continue this becomes more and more prevalent as people begin to realise that the world they left behind was antiquated and could only serve to hold or even backtrack our existance.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i just watched the movie and i think its jsut funny how it came out the day the bailout passed.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Great watch! Really hope The Venus Project takes flight.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was rather impressed with it to be honest, the first film had fatal factual erros, but this one was far more concise and coercive. One thing I have always had trouble imagining is what structure society would have if we actually did one day stop the banking cartel. How would we create a better system etc? It was nice to see a well thought out decent idea on a possible system, something not many others seem to have thought about.

Its all well and good destroying the system, but we have to have a plan for afterwards, and perhaps that would be a good starting point.Im not saying I completely agree with what they have suggested, but the Venus project certainly is better than the current system. With more minds helping to develop a system, im sure a popular and positive system could be eventually created.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I truly enjoyed the video but with the Venus Project some questions come to mind. What would we do about true criminals, child molesters and rapes etc. Wouldn't we have to have an institution to deal with them and prisons to house them in? I just didn't see that covered in the video maybe I'll go read up on the Venus Projects website.

Otherwise I really enjoyed the film and I urge everyone to watch the whole thing!

Very nice!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I've just finished watching this movie too. The length of it was quite shocking because --as the title suggests-- I was expecting only part 4 of the previous film not a two hour flick, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Seeing how their website was more offline than online yesterday, I can only wonder how many people have watched it today. Not too few I hope. There is much to be learned from this work.

Kind regards to all.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Saw it, loved it, reminded me of "Star Trek" and a "Utopian Society" towards the end....

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

First of all, Norway already has an almost non-statistical murder rate, and how they treat their prisoners, is very humane:

This is due to having a base provision of civilized living conditions for all people, and a very good education system with top rate services, this means that their taxes boomerang back into their communities and benefit the people as they should. In the future, in a civilzed moneyless society, it would be the same, with an almost non-existent crime rate. However, you have to understand, there are only 2 kinds of criminals, the greedy elite true psychopaths who run this system, and they make our serial killers look like mosquitos compared to their agenda, and our own, which are the traumatized victims of the system.
Its also important to understand, that this is a clean technology version of all how natives have always lived. Theirs was always a resource system economy. They are keepers of the knowledge passed from the pre-cataclysmic age. We must also become keepers of the knowledge, and keep the technology alive and well or the future would be a reset button. But they also worked. There were tasks that had to be done. But they had much leisure time as well, and engaged in many creative pursuits. In such an economy where technology did most of the slave labor jobs, we still require teachers, technicians, distributors of goods, infrastructure, medicine, hospitals,scientists, etc. I would never wish any future grand-daughter of mine to give birth in a world without modern procedures. I would have died giving birth with my first child if I lived 100 years ago even! So we would need to arrange more suitable containment for dangerous individuals, like that resort type, cabin island in norway, or even house arrest with surveillance, whatever. We would be sharing different types of jobs that we were trained for, but with far shorter times, such as perhaps 5 hours a week or less.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Interesting video I just watched the whole thing. I liked the first one better myself but saw some things that was informative in this one. I disagree on some of the things on free market but do agree on aspects that we need to ditch our political system and really become more self reliant.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I like the quote where the old man says:

The system has to fail, and people have to lose confidence in their elected leader

This sort of reminds me of what is happening right now.. suddenly theres a few accounts of Mr. Harper having plagiarized certain speeches and everyone is starting to hate him and bring out all these secrets.

www.cbc.ca...

there was another release about ANOTHER plagiarized just releasd today as well..

[edit on 4-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Looks good. I'm downloading it from google.video.com right now so I can watch it later. I'll have further comments regarding it after I've seen it. (As if anyone cares what I think..:-D )

Has anyone noticed that the link to the references page at zeitgeistmovie.com seems to be done? I really wanted to check out their references.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Its extremely important that people learn about the monetary system, and how it is biased against the common man. For this reason i think this film is important.

But the venus project? Come on people this is the most dreamy utopian ideology i have ever heard. It may not be communism, but it mirrors it in that it promises an egalitarian dreamscape. I dont see how it would provide antything different. And I cant see the militiamen taking to it!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Its funny you say that about the venus project. The first nation peoples have lived on a resource economy for thousands of years, without the technology that we currently enjoy.
With all the talk about cataclysms and financial collapse, learning from the natives could very well be our best future option, that is if we don't collapse into the violent lord of the flies mentality I keep reading pop up in threads on survival from time to time. Now, what the venus project promotes is technological version of native wisdom and communities, an upgrade, rather than a reset button. And if it was so unrealistic, explain how the natives managed it for over 10,000 years in north america.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i thought it was very well done, too! it does still emit tones of propaganda, but how else are you going to demonstrate a true way of being, without explaining the cold, hard reality of it? the truth hurts, but it's time everyone knows it!

and the Venus Project does sound appealing... i'd still have to research it more though..

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
All I have to say has already been said before by those who lived before me, so I shall quote in hopes the source will not be taken in the wrong manner due to its regional origin:
"Therefore the Master says:
I let go of the law,
and people become honest.
I let go of economics,
and people become prosperous.
I let go of religion,
and people become serene.
I let go of all desire for the common good,
and the good becomes common as grass."
-Tao Te Ching

liked this version better than the last, probably the better one to show to your family!

[edit on 10/4/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Its funny you say that about the venus project. The first nation peoples have lived on a resource economy for thousands of years, without the technology that we currently enjoy.
With all the talk about cataclysms and financial collapse, learning from the natives could very well be our best future option, that is if we don't collapse into the violent lord of the flies mentality I keep reading pop up in threads on survival from time to time. Now, what the venus project promotes is technological version of native wisdom and communities, an upgrade, rather than a reset button. And if it was so unrealistic, explain how the natives managed it for over 10,000 years in north america.

I would love to exist in such a society, truely. But that was the exact same allure of Marx to the downtrodden masses of the late 19th / early 20th century.

Imagine to yourself what possible way such a society could come into existence. Is there any realistic way you can see for us to make that transistion without a ruling clique taking the helm? Would you trust them? A revolution like that would probably be the easiest route to dictatorship for us.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

That's very interesting! Thanks for the info I had no idea. I suppose.. thinking about it on large scale, that's the closest to the real answer I would see before we ever had a total resource system. Thanks a lot and again, I encourage everyone to watch the video and post their thoughts or responses on it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I just finished watching... The Venus project is essentially an extension of Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek view of the future...

A noble concept, I can only hope the world begins to work towards that future in my lifetime.

Things will have to go thru a period of painful re-adjustment before we even try to move in that direction...

The PTB will fight this every step of the way...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
they have an agenda, and that agenda looks just like communism. i will say it again, i will not be a drone.

You're right. I thought the first Zeitgeist was ok, but the addendum is pure politics. Their vision of the future is like something out of a horror film.

Oh well, the road to hell is paved with the best of intentions. I certainly will not submit my intelligence and values to a group of drones.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join