It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Addendum Released

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
the most enlightening and amazing piece of factual information i have ever seen. Fabulous post.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What you all think idea if we do parachat or with some other chat system chat where we go gather, there we plan plans how to get more people in and faster, sharing ideas and that chat could be called "our meeting place" to this Zeitgeist movement?

Anyone interested from this plan?

This idea could gather us together in thinking. I don't know should we start new thread to this chat thing, so people could notice it more easier. But anyway, there is one plan more to plans.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think Chris Cornell's single "You know my name" is in order here. He seemed to sum up the times. Did you ever wonder why he yelled so much. He had a some issues he wanted to share about todays 'society'.

O-Rev-u-Ar

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
I don't really see the point of going all into the sci-fi fantasy bit.t power.

I think that it is very sad that many members are perceiving this aspect as a fantasy. I think the primary reason it seems like a fantasy is merely because it is so fantastically different then our current system. People have become so apathetic to our current shape of reality, that anything different simply isn't real.

Yet we do have the tech and the resources to completely change the World! That is a fantasy. A great fantasy. A realistic fantasy.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
thanks for the video, but who is the old guy talking at the beginning and end of the movie?

talks with an accent, head held proudly high, he says a lot of smart stuff and i'd like to research him further.

any assistance with a name would be much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Scary...

Especially watching the curret monetary crisis.

How much time do we have left?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au
thanks for the video, but who is the old guy talking at the beginning and end of the movie?

talks with an accent, head held proudly high, he says a lot of smart stuff and i'd like to research him further.

any assistance with a name would be much appreciated.

I just did some quick research and I think this might be the man youre looking for:Jiddu Krishnamurti

I could be wrong of corse.

Have a nice day

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Manawydan]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Scary...

Especially watching the curret monetary crisis.

4 Years 2 Months and 14 Days

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Loved the movie. The more I think about it the more I want to get involved. I have a few ideas that I think can help spread the word. Why not use the same weapon against the establishment that they use against us. I have just bought an ink stamper and I am going to stamp every single monetary bill I get with the www.zeitgeistmovie.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com. I plan to mark one dollar bills above and below the in god we trust and above the federal reserve seal, under the this is legal tender. That gives every man or woman, young or old, white or black human being that comes in contact with that money a reason to visit the site and come to their own conclusion. Not all will believe but we will have power in numbers. The more who recognize the possibity of truth, the better of the whole will be. So I am in illinois right outside of chicago. We need people everywhere in all states and nations to follow through with this practice. The stamper was not very expensive and It led me to come up with other ideas.

If everyone did this and everytime they cashed their check they got cash and asked for one dollar bills which circulate quite well and marked them with a website to visit, many would check it out. So on friday when you cash your check ask for all of it in one dollar bills. This serves two purposes, we get to mark more bills with the site to spread the message, and in certain areas we could make small runs on the bank. Hell if they dont have ones and people are asking for them then that causes a lack of faith. I know it sounds crazy but I like the idea of using money to spread the word. Anybody think its a good idea

[edit on 7-10-2008 by praisehoruswatchzeitgeist]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Overall I enjoyed this video. The more I reflected on it though, the more I saw it as a little bait and switch. They get you in with the whole, money is evil thing, then try to sell the whole Venus Project thing with an anti-religion chaser. I agree with and liked the presentation on the money part. I don't really see the point of going all into the sci-fi fantasy bit. The only way I could see technology being able to contribute towards that goal is if replicators, transporters, faster than aircraft travel and a much higher level of medical care existed. Even then, you cannot avoid the human aspect. If people were given all their needs and were able to do whatever they want, there are always going to be those who want power.

Um... When a person is empowered to follow their bliss from birth, it will be seldom that their bliss will include power-tripping the people around them. And in a society that has all needs met, what kind of power is available? Emotional? That would be about it. But if one is raised with abundance, love, and the opportunity to excel fully in one's passion, there will be very little incentive to mess with others' minds.

As for this "sci-fi" you speak of... All of what was presented is possible TODAY. The 4000 MPH maglev trians ARE creatable, for example, and might already exist underground, so right there is your "faster than aircraft travel." Most of the tech is either suppressed or not pursued because of MONEY. And given the amount of suppression, TODAY there is a lot more that can be done.

Meanwhile, the tech curve - the plotting of technological advances through history - is moving exponentially upward. A projection of the curve places a point at which it goes effectively infinite in 2012...

Again on this thread, I ask: What would an infinite tech explosion look like...?

Replicators, transporters, FTL? Oh, I betcha so!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

4 Years 2 Months and 14 Days

I ment to ask, how much time does the OLD system have?

I think WE can rise above later!

[edit on 7/10/08 by Souljah]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manawydan

Originally posted by Matrix1111
Nor does it say anything about the history of 20th century Islamofascism, and it's connections to Communism and Nazism. (via Mufti Hussieni and his nephew Arafat)

A valid point I agree. There are absolutely far too many man-made "ism"s that flat out handicap us as a species collectively. Maybe that's the reason they're unmentioned in the movie? Sheer volume. Moreover, some "ism"s have been so well documented that there would really be no point in raising them as a subject.

Social engineering doesn't work. It's too rigid and totalitarian. When one man is in charge that's when things go wrong. It's because the state of mind of the "designer" determines the psychological aspects of the system. What comes to mind with the Venus Project is the similarity it has with the Forbidden Planet movie. The scientist character of the movie had all the technological answers for creating a utopia, but he failed to take into consideration his psychological problems and how they get projected into the real world. The moral of that story is that imperfect people can't produce perfect worlds. So while the Venus Project paints a rosey picture of the future under their system, I'm weary of all the Big Ego issues and ulteior motives and repressed psychological issues. I mean, the guy looks like a homeless mental case. Can the world really trust someone like that? Who knows who he's channeling. Hitler? Stalin?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sorry I said most of this already but I'm new to this site and am having trouble getting my original post to edit.

Loved the movie. The more I think about it the more I want to get involved. I have a few ideas that I think can help spread the word. Why not use the same weapon against the establishment that they use against us. "MONEY" I have just bought an ink stamper and I am going to stamp every single monetary bill I get with the www.zeitgeistmovie.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com. Just like wheresgeorge.com. I plan to mark one dollar bills above and below the in god we trust on the back of the one and above the federal reserve seal, under the this is legal tender on the front of the one.

That gives every man or woman, young or old, white or black human being that comes in contact with that money a reason to visit the site and come to their own conclusion. Not all will believe, but we will have power in numbers. The more who recognize the possibity of truth, the better off the whole will be. So I am in Illinois right outside of Chicago. We need people everywhere in all states and nations to follow through with this practice. The stamper was not very expensive and It led me to come up with other ideas.

If everyone did this and everytime they cashed their check they got cash and asked for one dollar bills which circulate quite well and marked them with a website to visit, many would check it out. So on friday when you cash your check ask for all of it, in one dollar bills. This serves three purposes, we get to mark more bills with the site to spread the message, and in certain areas we could make small runs on the bank. Hell if they dont have ones and people are asking for them then that causes a lack of faith. Third it means you woldnt be depositing any money in the bank, which means that they dont have more money to create out of nothing. I know it sounds crazy but I like the idea of using money to spread the word. Anybody think its a good idea?

Some could do this all day long. Go to your bank with a twenty dollar bill and change it out for twenty single dollar bills. Mark the money, go back to your bank and get another twenty dollar bill, mark that one and repeat. Doesnt take very long for you to mark a whole bunch of one dollar bills and start getting them circulated. Spent at gas stations, and fast food places, you could easily spread that money through your area quite quickly.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by praisehoruswatchzeitgeist
Sorry I said most of this already but I'm new to this site and am having trouble getting my original post to edit.

Loved the movie. The more I think about it the more I want to get involved. I have a few ideas that I think can help spread the word. Why not use the same weapon against the establishment that they use against us. "MONEY" I have just bought an ink stamper and I am going to stamp every single monetary bill I get with the www.zeitgeistmovie.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com. Just like wheresgeorge.com. I plan to mark one dollar bills above and below the in god we trust on the back of the one and above the federal reserve seal, under the this is legal tender on the front of the one.

That gives every man or woman, young or old, white or black human being that comes in contact with that money a reason to visit the site and come to their own conclusion. Not all will believe, but we will have power in numbers. The more who recognize the possibity of truth, the better off the whole will be. So I am in Illinois right outside of Chicago. We need people everywhere in all states and nations to follow through with this practice. The stamper was not very expensive and It led me to come up with other ideas.

If everyone did this and everytime they cashed their check they got cash and asked for one dollar bills which circulate quite well and marked them with a website to visit, many would check it out. So on friday when you cash your check ask for all of it, in one dollar bills. This serves three purposes, we get to mark more bills with the site to spread the message, and in certain areas we could make small runs on the bank. Hell if they dont have ones and people are asking for them then that causes a lack of faith. Third it means you woldnt be depositing any money in the bank, which means that they dont have more money to create out of nothing. I know it sounds crazy but I like the idea of using money to spread the word. Anybody think its a good idea?

Some could do this all day long. Go to your bank with a twenty dollar bill and change it out for twenty single dollar bills. Mark the money, go back to your bank and get another twenty dollar bill, mark that one and repeat. Doesnt take very long for you to mark a whole bunch of one dollar bills and start getting them circulated. Spent at gas stations, and fast food places, you could easily spread that money through your area quite quickly.

thats a great idea...

im in germany and ill be doing it to my euros...well...as long as we have them..

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Social engineering doesn't work.

Interesting thing... In a society where all needs are met abundantly, the engineering requirement dissolves. What one has then is the OPPOSITE of an engineered state. One has complete personal freedom. Society therefore goes in whatever direction its collective imagination takes it.

It's too rigid and totalitarian.

True, a society engineered is. But with all work done by robots, all needs (food, clothing, shelter, love and tools) there is NO "control." Nothing is rigid. A person is not forbidden to do most anything - sexual behavior being the only exception I can think of, but if one is raised with full freedom and full love, any "deviant" thoughts will not be acted upon out of respect for the individual who might be affected.

As has been shown and as I have said, rape is NOT about sex. It's about power. And if one has power to control one's own life, using forced sex to gain emotionally poor power rather would be moot.

When one man is in charge that's when things go wrong.

Well now, it depends on the HUman in charge... If (s)he is truly caring of the people, (s)he might do very good things. But in the resource-driven economy, there is no one "in charge."

It's because the state of mind of the "designer" determines the psychological aspects of the system.

Ah, and that is the beauty of the resource-driven economy - it is the collective mind of all that determines the...er...zeitgeist. NOT some individual or small group.

What comes to mind with the Venus Project is the similarity it has with the Forbidden Planet movie. The scientist character of the movie had all the technological answers for creating a utopia, but he failed to take into consideration his psychological problems and how they get projected into the real world.

In a society where all are valued, all can pursue that which most engages them right from birth, it is the COLLECTIVE psychology that will project. And looking around at the average human, I can attest to the fact that they are caring, concerned, loving and giving - to the extent that their money will allow them to be.

If there were no limits on their ability to care, be concerned, to love or to give... The average human would be AWESOME.

So many presume we humans are "bad," "corrupt," etc. Because the few at the top are, they project this idea onto all of us. The owned MSM subtly and overtly says this is true, blaming the behaviors that arise out of frustration on some inherent evil in us. (The Bible was written to make us believe we are "bad," even.) The frustration comes from an inability to pursue bliss. No one who is doing their favorite thing ever behaves poorly. If they are interupted, they might, but not while they're (to use that phrase from the Evil Clown) lovin' it.

The moral of that story is that imperfect people can't produce perfect worlds.

And this film said exactly that. But the point is that there are MUCH BETTER choices than a debt-driven monetary system.

So while the Venus Project paints a rosey picture of the future under their system, I'm weary of all the Big Ego issues and ulteior motives and repressed psychological issues.

Of whom...? Whose "Big Ego issues and ulteior motives and repressed psychological issues" are you concerned with? The human race as a whole?

I mean, the guy looks like a homeless mental case.

Oh, now THERE's an enlightened comment. Anyone might look at me and think I look like some crazy lady - or you and think you look like a lecher. Does that have any bearing on what you are INSIDE? None.

Can the world really trust someone like that?

Who needs to trust HIM? It's the human race we must trust in the system he is proposing. His role is merely to promote it into existence. It's not like some ideology that says we can have a Utopia but before that we must have a totalitarian dictator... HE doesn't get "put in charge."

Who knows who he's channeling. Hitler? Stalin?

WTF!?! He proposes a new approach - available now because of our technology - and you compare him to the worst dictators you can think of???

Oh, I roll my eyes!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

WTF!?! He proposes a new approach - available now because of our technology - and you compare him to the worst dictators you can think of???

Oh, I roll my eyes!

The potential is there. Man is not trustworthy. I don't care who he is. Evil is more than a trickle down phenomenon. It's spiritual. It's a form of possession. The problem I have with the Zeitgeist movies is that it doesn't recognize the spiritual laws behind religion. It seems to reject spirituality and leans toward materialism.

I could be wrong in my first impressions. Afterall, I do see that Jacques Fresco is 91 years old. Considering that, I have to take back my homeless statement. But I'm still weary of the whole Zeitgeist hype. I need more background information.

Lecher? I do happen to believe you can judge a book by its cover. If I do look like a lecher, then I am one. It's a Toaist thing; yin and yang, macrocosm and microcosm. Look up "morphogenetic fields." Thoughts affect the world. This principle of internal reflecting in the external is what I see missing from Fresco's theories. Without this spirituality, Venus Project will implode upon itself.

Just my impulsive gut feeling. And they're usually right.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by Matrix1111]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The problem I have with the Zeitgeist movies is that it doesn't recognize the spiritual laws behind religion. It seems to reject spirituality and leans toward materialism.

You know when I watched this movie I didn't personally get the message that they were dismissing spiritual principle. Do you recall towards the end, when the guy had his two hands up forming a picture frame and he was following different scenes of nature while they discussed symbiosis and the connectedness of our existence with each other and the planet? What kind of spiritual principle do you believe in? Church doctrine specifically? I do think the movie was against mainstream Church.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As I stated on page one I really liked this film overall, and as a whole it delivered great information. Especially in regard to the financial system and how we are in a never ending cycle of capitalistic tyranny.

That being said, I would have preferred that they had left out the whole Venus Project bit. The part about the current available technology was very enlightening, but the Venus Project angle seems a bit naive and a little too Gene Roddenberry for me.

Not very realistic.

They do not account for human nature, they fail to understand just what a greedy, self serving beast man kind really is. People will always want more than the next man. People by nature will always seek power and control over others. There will always be evil in the world, and this is why communism has failed miserable over and over again.

The notion that human beings, even supposedly "enlightened ones", will ever be able to exist in a society that has everyone on an even playing field is off center. The strong will always over take the weak. It also makes me gag to consider living in a civilization where there is no real sense of self or personal accomplishment.

What the hell would we do all day? What would be the purpose of living if you never changed status or progressed? Maybe it is my puny brainwashed capitalist mind being unable to grasp such an ideal, but it sounds like pure hell to me.

I would prefer more of a survival of the fittest type of scenario. True and complete freedom to exist without shackles. With this Venus Project business we would be trading one type of enslavement for another.

No thanks.

[edit on 10/7/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Amaterasu mate, this is completely of the subject, for that I apologize, but I just gotta tell you that whenever I start readin your posts after a little while your avatar turns into the mask of darth vader. So strange...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Oh, I roll my eyes!

The potential is there. Man is not trustworthy. I don't care who he is. Evil is more than a trickle down phenomenon. It's spiritual. It's a form of possession.

I have not found this to be true - except where money is to be made. If there is enough financial gain, most anyone will become "evil." In other words, we all have our price.

In a system without money... Well, I think it's pretty clear where that would lead in this regard.

The problem I have with the Zeitgeist movies is that it doesn't recognize the spiritual laws behind religion. It seems to reject spirituality and leans toward materialism.

Wow. Really? I saw "LOVE" mentioned, even focused on. And truly, LOVE is the wellspring of spirituality, n'est pas? In this film, they even asserted that one could call it spirituality. Did you miss all this?

I could be wrong in my first impressions. Afterall, I do see that Jacques Fresco is 91 years old. Considering that, I have to take back my homeless statement. But I'm still weary of the whole Zeitgeist hype. I need more background information.

Ah, that explains your projection of fears into this. Take a breather, try to clear your mind of preconceptions, and then watch this again.

Lecher? I do happen to believe you can judge a book by its cover. If I do look like a lecher, then I am one. It's a Toaist thing; yin and yang, macrocosm and microcosm. Look up "morphogenetic fields."

LOL! Well, while there is some truth to one's outward projections of one's inner self, still... My point is that your assessment of someone is just one of many. If 100 people look at you and see "fine, upstanding," and one person looks at you and sees "lecher," what are you, then?

And I am fully aware of morphogenic fields. [smile]

Thoughts affect the world. This principle of internal reflecting in the external is what I see missing from Fresco's theories. Without this spirituality, Venus Project will implode upon itself.

But that's just it, rather than veiled reflection, fractured reflection, we each will fully and mightily reflect. It is not the Spirit that this vision denies. It is the DOGMA, the divisive teachings, the views that STIFLE full reflection.

Just my impulsive gut feeling. And they're usually right.

And so are mine, and my gut tells me that this is an avenue whereby Love will be the currency, and Spirit will shine fully.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join