It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Addendum Released

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:
SR

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I didn't completely write it off or say it shouldn't be in the film, But look more to the point of the way it's used in the films repeative boring formulae of gasp shock relevaltion, unprecendented disaster and fantastical sugar coated idealistic happy solutions to this as posed. Rinse and repeat throughout the movie.

SR

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xsagex
reply to post by Kryties

How many people did Stalin kill ? 60m (a conservative estimate)
Mao ? 50m

2 people killed over 100m people.

I don't see capitalism killing anybody.

How's life walking around day to day with your eyes shut???

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Its not a fantastic sugar coated possibility. Its what many people have in their mind based on the very real, practical and down to earth living example that the natives of the Americas have provided for us for countless thousands of years. They are the true moneyless, resource communities. As they are keepers of their knowledge, this is the updated version where the technology expands and exists, clean technology, so the future isn't the reset button so many have forseen in the survival scenarios. We are talking about versions of the native way, with the addition of advancements. So while tent communities may become a symptom of collapse, enacting a system like this would move us back into houses, but preferably environmental upgrades, akin to cob homes or earthships, with solar and wind.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
you see it was said,

In the last days the mountain/kingdom of the LORD's temple will be established He will judge between many peoples and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide.

They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

Every man will sit under his own vine
and under his own fig tree,
and no one will make them afraid,
for the LORD Almighty has spoken.

Do you have the confidence in man to accomplish this, with his track record?

Or do we need a God?

This is why the story of the kingdom of heaven is so desirable to mankind, or once was.

Why the story caught on, the story of Jesus and his perfect kingdom

Men are always trying to understand and correct the human condition, Adam and Eve were in the perfect garden, but they fell from grace,

I guess I am just barking up the wrong tree.

get it? tree,? garden,? tree in the garden?

I forgot atomic warfare

[edit on 113131p://bSunday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What natives accomplished for thousands of years wasn't connected to our religions, yet many of them through their myths and prophecies seem connected to the star people. Its no mystery that the thread pertaining to alien economy on ATS, written by the author of Alien Minds, talks about a similar resource community being the basis for all advanced cosmic races, and that the natives lived like this themselves, and were protected when floods and cataclysms that ended eras. Have you seen pictures of traditional Hopi women. Princess Leia from Star Wars wears the same hairstyle of the Hopi women.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I can't believe it reading through these pages..several people here have "deny ignorance" on their avatars; but as soon as something sounds nice they jump on board with both feet without even digging a little bit.

Here are some of the referenses that are sited in both of these movies:

Godfrey Higgins, Albert Churchward, Manly P Hall - all freemasons

H.P. Blavatsky - founded with H.S. Olcott and W.Q. Judge The Theosophical Society. link

H.P. Blavatskys book The Secret Doctrine, is known to have been an influence on Hitler and the Nazi party. Especially their views on inferior and superior races.

Gerald Massey, sited 30 times as a reference in Zeigeist (the original, they conveniently haven't listed references for the second one yet). Wrote for the Theosophical Magazine published by H.P. Blavatsky.

Further,

His work, which draws comparisons between the Judeo-Christian religion and the Egyptian religion, is largely unrecognized in the field of modern Egyptology and is not mentioned in the Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt or any other work of modern Egyptology.
source
You can also read this article The Leading Religion Writer in Canada ... Does He Know What He's Talking About?

"“In antiquity and reality, Lucifer or Luciferus, is the name of the angelic Entity presiding over the light of truth as over the light of the day. Lucifer is divine and terrestrial light, the “Holy Ghost” and “Satan” at one and the same time.” “And now it stands proven that Satan, or the Red Fiery Dragon, the “Lord of Phosphorus”…and Lucifer or “Light Bearer” is in us..it is our mind, [our] Redeemer, our intelligent liberator and Savior from pure animalism.” - H.P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, Vol. 2 Theosophical University Edition pp612-513

and from Many P. Hall "“When a Mason learns that the key is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, the seething energies of Lucifer are in is hands.”

The first part of this movie IS an accurate depiction of how money is made, see this video:

Google Video Link

If ATS has taught me anything, it is that anyone can spin anything and with a little research, no matter how good something sounds, you can usually begin to unravel its true meaning, or at least begin to see the ulterior motives behind it.

A 'Utopian' world as depicted in this movie would be great, I agree with that. But not one coming about by the destruction of peoples beliefs and especially one promoted or built on the beliefs of Freemasonry and even Nazism.

[edit on 10/5/2008 by toepick]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
What natives accomplished for thousands of years wasn't connected to our religions, yet many of them through their myths and prophecies seem connected to the star people. Its no mystery that the thread pertaining to alien economy on ATS, written by the author of Alien Minds, talks about a similar resource community being the basis for all advanced cosmic races, and that the natives lived like this themselves, and were protected when floods and cataclysms that ended eras. Have you seen pictures of traditional Hopi women. Princess Leia from Star Wars wears the same hairstyle of the Hopi women.

Yes I heard of the connection.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by toepick

awesome toe, thank you.

Yes i knew of all these connections, I guess that is why I am becoming so cynical in my old age.

SR

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Its not a fantastic sugar coated possibility. Its what many people have in their mind based on the very real, practical and down to earth living example that the natives of the Americas have provided for us for countless thousands of years. They are the true moneyless, resource communities. As they are keepers of their knowledge, this is the updated version where the technology expands and exists, clean technology, so the future isn't the reset button so many have forseen in the survival scenarios. We are talking about versions of the native way, with the addition of advancements. So while tent communities may become a symptom of collapse, enacting a system like this would move us back into houses, but preferably environmental upgrades, akin to cob homes or earthships, with solar and wind.

The premise is based on exisiting environmental conditions and an seemingly unlimited supply of resources, The way the venus project is presented in this movie after illustrating the collapse of markets and finance was nothing more than cynical joke.

Yes dance around the countless millions of people who would have to die for this project to even work also and present it as a near perfect alternative.

Resource-Based Economy??? The whole premise is flawed from the outset.

Yes it is possible for us all to live as nomads but not for a sustianable period of time. Only a miniority of the worlds populations could sustian it.

The answer is already there your looking to the past i.e. smaller populations for the answers.

Again as i said i'm not completely writing it off there's a valid point in it but the way it's used in this movie is nothing more than an idealistic joke.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Since all of us fit into Australia, the populations aren't a problem, and the amount of abuse of industry and resources needed, ie. mining are far more minimal that what we see now.
Currently plastics are based on oil, but I was reading articles about plastics made from plant material in the 80s, providing real solutions to villages that needed a lining in their lake. We have no reason to use anything but electric, with other means only an emergency back up, so all of this is bogus. Currently we are talking about greed, a farcical monetary system of abuse, slavery and control, and complete mismanagement of our resources by luciferian cartel, and power mongling. Earthship homes are made of recycled materials, tires, and bottles and cement or clay, or earth minerals, or soil, sand and hay, and recycle all the water ingeniously so that even in dry climates in North Americas, indoor gardens dripping with ripe fruit and bananas are shown. There is no reason, none, therefore its absolutely criminal, that this hasn't been our way, already in place. This is the future, and the only one I will work for in any way.

SR

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm agreeing with you about the current situation of the world and some of the points about the Venus project but what you have to take into account here is there are not enough resources in the world to pull this off for the current world population coupled with human nature.

If's nothing more than idealistic to pretend that engineers and the populace are going to sit and build these communities for free and give them to other countries like say Africa and not have a problem with it.

You are not going to fit the worlds populace in these communities all of a sudden and everything will be hunky dory, People will take charge and have to impose rule. It's human nature it's why we're no longer nomads anymore as a species we've evolved past it.

The whole premise of a resourced based economy is a joke, Basically what's being admitted is the sick and crinimal elements of society will be wiped out straight away along with any 'drains' on the communities resources which can change at anytime according to it's needs.

The majority people with the power in the whole situation will be the engineers and construction workers, They will be the only ones who are able to repair and create the materials to be used in communities the rest of the people except doctors and maybe military personnel are merely dead weight in the community.

As a construction student it's ok for me if that's how the future turns out. It won't be for the rest of you's though. That's my problem the idea is FARRRRRRRRRR from perfect as Zeitgeist would have you believe it's bodering dangerous in ignorance.

But still it's got us all talking and thinking of ways how to improve the future even if the movie is horribly flawed in it's execution and facts it does do good still.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by SR]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by toepick

awesome toe, thank you.

Yes i knew of all these connections, I guess that is why I am becoming so cynical in my old age.

Same here, there is always an agenda behind everything it seems, a push to put someone else in control or power. I guess the thing that bothers me about this Venus project (other then who is pushing for it), they seem to think that this can happen with no leadership. They mock politicians saying that they don't get anything done..well, thats partialy true given how corrupt most are..but they are Leaders..and do get things accomplished..Look at the world we are in, it didn't just 'happen' it was led to this point..with the help of politicians and central bank money.

As far as videos go..I like this one..he points out the problems and offers some solutions and encourages people to seek out information and truth on their own.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
watched it and It exposes the government a lot better then the first one

The reason the venus project looks so fantasy based is becausae we are looking at it from a money based competitive view which is very different from the Technocracy the venus project is.

The example in the video that shows someone being penalized for having a different view is easily understood in are society because a new idea requires a lot of money to invest and understand and nobody wants to risk losing money.

This is all very practical, if an energy source like geothermal power is used. I could not believe the world only uses 0.5zj with 2000zj possible tapable in the earth.
because energy is the driving force of everything and if it were applied to machines that cost 0.00$ to operate anything can be automatically done for us. because the enregy is constantly accesible and greatly acceeds are requirements

in the video it also stated were using the energy we need to find more energy this creates a problem

in a society were theres a massive amount of power to be harnessed there is no risk for a new invention or idea. because the person with the idea could not seek financial gain or loss only the betterment of mankind so penalizing wont happen and sharing ideas will.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What an eye opener, it does not leave much hope for us all. I just hope one day we can beat this for all our sakes

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by toepick

Gerald Massey, sited 30 times as a reference in Zeigeist (the original, they conveniently haven't listed references for the second one yet). Wrote for the Theosophical Magazine published by H.P. Blavatsky.

Further,

His work, which draws comparisons between the Judeo-Christian religion and the Egyptian religion, is largely unrecognized in the field of modern Egyptology and is not mentioned in the Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt or any other work of modern Egyptology.
source

Are they speaking of the same Egyptologists who refuse to acknowledge the evidence that the Sphinx is much older than is taught even when the irrefutable evidence is staring them right in the face (ie the evidence of water erosion)?

Most Egyptologists refuse to believe anything other than what is generally accepted even when the evidence clearly points the other way.

[edit on 5/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsagex
reply to post by Kryties

How many people did Stalin kill ? 60m (a conservative estimate)
Mao ? 50m

2 people killed over 100m people.

I don't see capitalism killing anybody.

Wow. Really? The Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq don't count? The War with Iran coming...doesn't count? The Wars with Korea and Vietnam don't count? The First and Second World Wars don't count?

I don't think your eyes are open.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Oh thank you I will check it out.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

They were wars to protect our democracy. Please.. check the history channel or something.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think the film, was poor, even poor compared to an alex jones vid.

I am not a fan of this new age stuff, and i think it does no one any help. I have seen better vids on these subjects, and i felt disappointed watching that for two hours, even though i have plenty of time on my hands.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
What is money?

I don't have anyting to say,in awe.

What NONE of the ancients had was technology to the point that all work of a drudgery nature could be done by machine.

Once you add that, and abundant energy...money (which is really an accounting measure of energy) becomes moot.

From that point, things change.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join