It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepared List to do after the passing of 700B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hi all, I've been a lurker for a long time and it's just now that I joined.
Very informative forum here for inquisitive and exploring mind.

Given that all knowledge have been disected, analyzed, studied as well as opinions and suggestions have been given, nobody seems really influence, drive, stir, sway or change the system of the world in its current course.

With the passing of the 700B bill and its eventual effects. What should an individual do or prepare to avoid personal bankrupcy?

I believe that every child born in this world has the right to be free from any infections created by the few. Our planet will not go on without its occupants free from manufactured credits and debts. Likewise, the suppressing laws that prevent man from harnessing the world became intricate which resulted in complacency and abandonment of responsiblities.

Inspite of all of these, what legacy or what shall we leave and tell our children or the next generation? That we let the the leaders of the world messed up?

If there are no more cures, can anybody make suggestions for personal preparedness?

Here are mine:
Pay all debts, get out of the urban life, stockup on necessities, raise your own livestock and grow your own vegetables. Move to areas where growing plants and livestock are feasible all year round, have a water well....etc.

(Mod, move if it doesn't belong here)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I think at this point, prepare yourself as best you can, put on your helmet, and get ready for one hell of a ride.

For personal preparedness. Buy yourself lots of food, non-perishable, long shelf life (Mountain house is a good brand, or just buy canned food in the supermarket), as well as a lot of water. You never know if your source of water could be contaminated.

Also make sure you have a water purifier, that is a must.

To secure your finances, GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF THE STOCK MARKET NOW!

There could be a financial collapse any day now, get your money out of the market now and buy food as well as gold/silver.

When buying silver or gold, make sure you get the physical kind, bullion. If you're getting silver get 1 oz bullion coins, you will be able to use them to barter when the currency collapses.

You have to be mobile. Get yourself some great outdoor clothes, preferably heavily-lined for winter. Get a weapon for hunting and protection. Either get a fire arm or a bow and arrow. I'd give you recommendations on them, but I honestly don't know very much at all about firearms.

Buy yourself lots of seeds and download lots of info on how to plant a garden. Either grow outside or inside in a greenhouse.

If I can think of anything else I'll add it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Thanks JipStix for the seed part.

Is it too late to move out of the US? If not, which country is the best place to stay while all of these chaos are going on? If it's a global effect, then there is no safe free country to go, right?

How about Finland, Australia, New Zealand?
I researched these countries and they seem not affected of what's happening globally.

What about Paraguay? Isn't this country where the Bush bought big chunk of land? Let's just follow the leader!!!

[edit on 4-10-2008 by vigpat]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Well,

I can only throw an opinion out here and with that being said I believe that this may have bought us a few months to 2 years of stability but the inevitable will happen as we have been "canabalizing" our economy for years now.

In other words, our whole economy unlike the old days where we produced and sold things is now solely based on Debt!

Yes, without continued debt growth, we cannot function. Our entire economy is based off borrowing more money that we cannot ever pay back... ever.

Our GDP growth is nothing but "borrowed" money and inflated net worth of assets.

How long can this go on? A few more days? A few more years? I don't know but this so called crisis has been a real wake up call.

new topics

top topics

join