It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy and you, or how I learned to love ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Which conspiracies do you believe in?

They range from hardly possible to seemingly plausible. Members of ATS seem to imagine that they are privy to information that the common person isn't.

"Hey guys, I found the Alex Jones website and know I know everything"

"Hey I found this random web site that says the U.S is owned by Japan! Now I know!"

What is pathetic to me at least, is that most of this information is freely available and not hidden at all. People regularly profess that they've "found" some type of information. Well, where the heck did you find it? On the internet of course - the most secretive place in the world.

Other conspiracies are found in documents like the constitution, U.S. Code, tax code, IRS forms, etc... This is of course, a psychological problem with basis in interpretation.

Guy a: "Hey guys, a storm happened. What caused it?"
Guy b: "It was not of a man, it must have been something more powerful!"
Guy a: "Like what?"
Guy c: "A God did it!"
Guy b: "Why would he?"
Guy a: "Perhaps we did something bad that he did not like! Perhaps he wants control!"
Guy b: "I see, why else would he punish us? We must offer him sacrifice!"
Guy c: "Yes! Let us give him a lamb!"

Guy z: "Hey, uh, what the heck are you guys talking about?"

To think there is always a plan and play, or that everything should be perfect is... well, what do you think it is?

What do you think it means when you imagine that there are hidden words and meanings in these documents? I know. You imagine that they are put there as a facade to fool the laymen who looks at them, and only those in ultimate power know their true meaning. This leads you to reason that if the laymen knew, they would get together and revolt. All of the trickery is to confuse the common person - who you aren't because you know about this secretive plot to trick the laymen.

One example is the NWO. It's patently obvious to anyone with a brain that globalization is aiming for a standardized world under a singular power. The United Nations is not a secret, and it's not a secret that it wants to become more powerful. It's not a secret that if it were more powerful it could accomplish more.

How you interpret the information has a correlation to how paranoid you are, and there looks to be a lot of paranoid people on this site. If you read something and read into it so much to look for logical structures in the wording that promote some byzantine conspiracy of epic proportions - you can find it every time. If you introduce ignorance into the equation, you can even misread things so completely that you fool yourself into believing something that is so false, it would have the common idiot slap you in the face.

Guy a: "Hey guys, an economic crisis happened. What caused it?"
Guy b: "It was not of a man, it must have been something more powerful!"
Guy a: "Like what?"
Guy c: "A Government did it!"
Guy b: "Why would it?"
Guy a: "Perhaps we did something bad that it did not like! Perhaps it wants control!"
Guy b: "I see, why else would it punish us? We must offer it sacrifice!"
Guy c: "No! We will not reward it with anything! It will have to take something!"
Guy a: "And take something it will... it will try to take our freedom!"

Guy z: "Hey, uh, what the heck are you guys talking about?"

So, what current conspiracies do you KNOW FOR A FACT are true, and what conspiracies do you BELIEVE are true (this belief, of course, can not be backed up by evidence)

join