It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with Google Earth? (Related to October 14th)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Don't you think that something this big might have been noticed by at least one of the many trained meteorolgists studying sat images all the time? And would be being discussed on just about every weather forum there is online?

GEs cloud data is extremely oversimplified for ease of use and this is no more than a software glitch in the image processing. If you don't believe this try searching online for more detailed SAT feeds and you will see they are perfectly normal for this area.

If it shows up on every Sat image you can gather for the area from all the many sources online then fair enough, but it doesn't, just GE, and that's your answer, their feed is crap.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

To murrayTORONTO:

U say that it changes colours to red and green and so on!!

I remember seeing that up in the skies over Mandal (southest City of Norway) last Christmas it was really strange, my brother and mother saw it to!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Why are you relying on Google Earth for weather forecasts?
These images are stitched, so the vacant clouds are due to the recent satellite pass.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Why are you relying on Google Earth for weather forecasts?
These images are stitched, so the vacant clouds are due to the recent satellite pass.

I use Google Earth to get a quick “Snap Shot” of weather forecast for several locations. I do business in several states and 2 other countries. GE also shows conditions and forecast. Much faster than looking up each individual forecast online, at least in my case.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
On a side note, 'The Happening' comes out on october 7th...
What's it about, you ask?

Tagline:
We've Sensed It. We've Seen The Signs. Now... It's Happening.
Plot:
A paranoid thriller about a family on the run from a natural crisis that presents a large-scale threat to humanity.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well, I read every post and weather yay or nay, all have some valid points.

I personally believe however, that this is a malfunction in the satellite system....or the system that relays the information .... ie: the 3D modeling is off in some way. I really would doubt that it is a spaceship of any kind or an atmospheric disturbance.

If I'm wrong, we'll find out on the 14th of October

Good find though op...made me sit here and really think for a while!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

5 Pages of posts and I can't believe no one came in with the simple answer to this problem yet.

There's nothing weird going on with google earth at all. This is just how satellites work. There are two types of satellites, polar-orbiting ones, and geostationary ones. That "empty band" of no clouds you see is simply where the geostationary satellite google uses has not scanned yet. Polar-orbiting satellites don't have this problem, but those are mostly only government/military satellites, not commercial ones.

/end thread.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by LogicalSolution]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetPX
reply to post by beyondtopsecret

Here is another forum that is discussing this SAME EXACT TOPIC (with many viewpoints as well):

After viewing that site, are you not happy to be discussing it here instead?

If only more sites were as great as ATS

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I would say that the reason for the pentagon shape is something as simple as texturing. Look at how a soccerball is made up... it just fits a round shape better.
The reason that it is the pole would seem to me that they simply do fewer passes up there, since there aren't many people around and what's interesting to track is where there is people.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

dude me too -- and i found somethin on it.

go to blossomgoodchild.com -- move your cursor to the left side over "federation of light" and click on "Channellings."

Read page six. That is the latest channel from Blossom Goodchild. The "gfol" address the headaches. What they describe is what I have been feeling for the past couple days...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yeah, those are just mapping errors, has nothing to do with any conspiracy, take it from a 3D CG guy, just bad programing.

Lucky for me it doesn't do it on my version.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

What version of GE are you running?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
this is definatly very strange!!!

Why now? Didnt they say on the 14th???

Could this be photoshopped?

come on now, the thought has never entered my head, not even once.
you are aware you'd need a computer to do such things?

no news articles, the only people mentioning it are blossom's fans, followers or whatever.

you should be ashamed to suggest such things. it's obviously real, they are here.

its obvious why they are here now, to convince us they will be here on the 14th and that blossom goodchild is telling the truth.

(jedi mind trick) - they will be here, go and prepare your things, your going away for a while.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by lifeform]

[edit on 4-10-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The new images taken in thermal-infrared light show the hexagon extends much deeper down into the atmosphere than previously expected, some 100 kilometers (60 miles) below the cloud tops. A system of clouds lies within the hexagon. The clouds appear to be whipping around the hexagon like cars on a racetrack.

Could it be that the polar satellites aren't picking it up because it's directly above it, whereas these other ones are maybe just catching the sides of it?
I don't know, that might not make sense.

"It's amazing to see such striking differences on opposite ends of Saturn's poles," said Bob Brown, team leader of the Cassini visual and infrared mapping spectrometer, University of Arizona, Tucson. "At the south pole we have what appears to be a hurricane with a giant eye, and at the north pole of Saturn we have this geometric feature, which is completely different."

Well that again could match, except for the fact that we'll never know because the bottom of our earth on google earth is blurry as #.
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 4-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

[edit on 4-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I guess the really old version.

I should probably get a newer version huh?

Yeah, mine I downloaded from like, 06 or 07.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Yeah, those are just mapping errors, has nothing to do with any conspiracy, take it from a 3D CG guy, just bad programing.

Lucky for me it doesn't do it on my version.

-Jimmy

Not a mapping error. It's just how satellites work. If you don't believe me, e-mail any meteorologist and ask them. I learned this in a basic 100-level meteorology class.

Do a search on google for websites that have real-time weather satellite images of the entire earth, you will see the same thing.

Seriously,
/end thread

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
[edit on 4-10-2008 by remotemedic]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalSolution

Not a mapping error. It's just how satellites work. If you don't believe me, e-mail any meteorologist and ask them. I learned this in a basic 100-level meteorology class.

Do a search on google for websites that have real-time weather satellite images of the entire earth, you will see the same thing.

Seriously,
/end thread

Trust me, it's a mapping error, the texture stretching and all that, unless there is some new live weather version of google earth that I'm probably unaware of seeing as to how my version is sorta old, then it would be the cloud layer not mapping properly.

-Jimmy

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack

Originally posted by LogicalSolution

Seriously,
/end thread

Trust me, it's a mapping error, the texture stretching and all that, unless there is some new live weather version of google earth that I'm probably unaware of seeing as to how my version is sorta old, then it would be the cloud layer not mapping properly.

-Jimmy

We've all given our examples, quotes as proof, all you've said is 'trust me'.
Lets see some examples. I'm open to hearing explanations but not those of just somone just telling me how it is. Isn't that what got us here in the first place?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join