It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with Google Earth? (Related to October 14th)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
i find it a bit surprising to find UFO skeptics here.. i thought i would be the biggest skeptic of all, how strange..

A.) Interplanetary "Day After Tomorrow" (climate change)
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Bizarre Hexagon Spotted on Saturn:
www.usatoday.com...

B.) The Orion Conspiracy - www.youtube.com...
(similar to Blue beam, Shape-shifting lizard people... )

C.) Unusually long lasting glitch with lots of satellites or software

D.) DR. Evil's Cloud-Cutter Satellite & World Domination
(CAUSED by HUMANS , on purpose or as a result of some experiment terribly gone wrong.. you know they just finished that super ultra particle accelerator, so they maybe disturbed some Earth harmonic frequencies.. blah, blah.. you know Nikola Tesla? )

shall we add other possibilities and vote on probability, that might be fun?

i say this:

A.) 45%

B.) 25%

C.) 55%

D.) 75%

maybe they should all add up to 100% ..but they dont

//--------------------------------------------------------------

NVIDIA developer: "Weird PhysX Tips"
developer.nvidia.com...

Sep 6 2008

ok, so this message has been deleted and i was banned from the forum for reporting and solving this bug, with no comment or explanation??

whats going on... have we been invaded by aliens, body-snatchers?

..any remaining humans, please contact me!

rainbows and lollipops...

[edit on 26-10-2008 by abaraba]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Check out the glitch today GMT 12.25pm Huge strip missing above Australia also delta wing near south pole and triangle at north pole area.I have never seen it so bad.Can someone give the tech guy a call.Im glad I got this free with my laptop would not want to have payed for it

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by abaraba
- really,
so why did you copy paste some diagrams instead of the images?
Because the diagrams show the position of the satellite better than the photos, a photo over the north pole may not show anything else than the clouds (that was the situation yesterday) because there is no land mass below to show, but if that is what you want I can post them.

Near the south pole, 04:34 October 26

Near the north pole, 05:25 October 26

Near the south pole, 06:13 October 26

Near the north pole, 07:04 October 26

Near the south pole, 07:58 October 26

Near the north pole, 08:49 October 26

You have to click the images to see them at 100%.

those images that you posted are the similar i used to explain the CURVATURE of the edges of the map, so you basically just provide more arguments to support my theory
Maybe, we may even be saying the same thing, I am having a hard time to try to understand what you are saying.

give us real links - when we click we need to see what you're talking about in REAL-TIME, not DIAGRAMS of it - are you sure they did not take if OFF-LINE? i
Those diagrams are from the link I provided before (for the third time, not fifth, as I said before), you just have to click on it to see the last image and select the date and time from the drop down list to see the image for that date and time.
Here us that link once more.

IF NOTHING ELSE,
ANSWER THIS 1st PLEASE:

- would you like to "close this case"?
Yes.

- are you saying these shapes are "filed of view" or "loss data"?
(even when they move, gradually change shape, disappear and then clouds fill-in "field of vision")
What I am trying to say is that those shapes are the result of the overlaping of several satellite images, but apparently they do not have access to a near polar satellite because the one from the link above, although not really showing the area over the poles, it shows a much closer area than the one we can see on Google Earth.

So, I think this is the sum of field of view from the geostationary satellites and lack of data (not loss of data) for the poles.

- shall we be happy with your explanation?
Only if you want to, although I like to see people happy I do not want to force anyone to do anything.

- are you trying to explain anything at all, or you just arguing with me?
I am trying to explain.

- this is where our conversation ends (sort of),
you response is not logical, that's not small image and you have all these links available to you together with software of your choice, so i don't need to provide anything because im not religious missionary and i don't care to be convincing anyone of anything, if you care about it you will check it yourself - as you said, data is recorded, so all you have to do is to find it and see it for yourself if you don't trust me and my images
When I asked about the small image it was because I do not see any V shapped cloud in the images you posted above, the only V icould see was on this image.

I was just asking for you to show better what you mean, when we see something we can not be sure of what other people see, so I think we should try to show it in a way that other people can understand it.

--- ARGUMENT ---

this is HOW its SUPPOSED to BE and how it WAS: www.barnabu.co.uk...

you only have to see that and compare it to the last month, that's all
OK, that was what it looked like and how it should look.

That only shows that what we see is not what we should see, it does not explain anything and it was what started this whole discussion, Google Earth stopped showing the cloud cover as it had shown before.

What we have been trying to understand is why that happened, and my opinion is that happened because they stopped having one of the sources they had before, some polar satellite that provided the data to cover the areas not covered by the geostationary satellites they use for the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPOK, that was what it looked like and how it should look.
I quote myself to change my opinion about those images.

Looking better at them, I think Google was stretching the cloud layer to cover what we now see as a hole.

If that was the case, then what they were showing was a fake cloud cover over the poles, and what they show now is just what they have.

Click for full size.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by abaraba

I would like to add:

E.) They do not have enough data to cover the whole planet.

A.) 0%
B.) 0%
C.) 0%
D.) 0%
E.) 90%

PS:I am not 100% sure about it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

where did you find that picture and why did you post it as ???!
That picture, as you can see from the objects at the top of the image, is from one of those archived cloud cover images on the site you posted along with the text "this is HOW its SUPPOSED to BE and how it WAS:", this site.

I downloaded three of those sets, May 2006, January 2008 and March 2008, and I looked at them, the same thing I suppose you did, but maybe you used different sets.

THAT IS NOT HOW IT IS !!! - THIS IS HOW IT IS:
No, it's what it was, and it does not look right, that was what I meant.

And there is no need of shouting.

i dont think you have much experience with modeling and texturing either, can we see your webpage? some of your projects, demos?
No, I don't have much experience with modeling and texturing, the last time I did some modeling was for the Christmas of 2005 (I think), I made the three figures for a virtual nativity scene (I think I still have them somewhere on my computer), but they had no texturing.

My webpage? It's almost empty, as you can see here.

Projects? Sorry, I can't show them, I work for a company and I have signed a confidentiality clause, but there is nothing complicated.

But all this has nothing to do with the ability to look at these images and see if I think something is wrong, you do not need to have made a car to know if a car works as it should.

that's me,
and as you can see im HUMAN, who are you, what are you?
I am just me, what can I say, as far as I know I am also human, and I don't think this is relevant for this topic.

you have to find the picture of that V cloud about the time that i took it with Google Earth and OTHER providers, including VISUAL, RADAR, IR...
Why do I have to find it? And what V cloud are you talking about, I think I have already said that I do not see any V cloud, only a red V on one of the images you posted.

- fantastic !!
then there is no reason for you to post here anymore, you explained everything to yourself and now you can continue with your life, and there is this rest of the world that actually might prefer to leave this case open
The reason for me to post is to try to show to other people that there may be other possibilities, the same thing I do with all subjects.

The fact that I want to see this case closed does not mean that I think it closed (that is why I chose a 90% possibility instead of 100%), and as I said before, we may be even thinking about the same thing but expressing it in different ways, the way you write is hard for me to understand, I only learnt English by earing it on the TV and in the movies and comparing it with the subtitles, so when someone speaks in a less "standard" way I do not understand it as good as I wanted to.

thanks, good bye
Why, are you going away already.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

>>"If that was the case, then what they were showing was a fake cloud cover over the poles, and what they show now is just what they have."

where did you find that picture and why did you post it as ???!

THAT IS NOT HOW IT IS !!! - THIS IS HOW IT IS:

May I suggest using an actual image hosting service, as your geocities seems to be down for ''maintenance''.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

but not to worry, i'll fix that soon ...what image service, give me some links please im not very familiar with that, thanks
Maybe Geocities has a limit of how much can be transfered from your site and that limit was reached.

the funny thing is images are there, and they work when i access them from file manager - i cant explain it really, but at this point nothing will surprise me and i trust no one anymore
A good programmer should understand what is happening.

of course he cares, but he is LIAR, he knows nothing about programming and yet went on to pretend that he knows, pretend that he can explain
I will just answer this part to say that I never said a lie on ATS on the four years I have been here.

ArMaP, just stop insulting yourself already.. you not only making fool out of yourself by showing your stupidity and ignorance, but you also showing your age or the level of mental retardation
OK, help fight my "stupidity and ignorance" and tell me what am I doing wrong, but please remember that if I am "stupid and ignorant" you should explain it very slowly.

so please tell your mum and dad you were quite unsuccessful experiment, they should have get rid of you like they planned and please, do us a favor - do not multiply
It's too late to say that to my mum and dad, they are both dead for some years, and you can sleep at night, I do not intend to multiply.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

- just look at it !!

Okay I looked at it... now what?

Its obvious that you have no clue what your looking at... but hey that's okay..

Just continue with your insults and censor circumvention... that will make you very popular around here in no time

Sheesh sometimes I think they bring these kindergarten kids in by the bus load

:shk:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

that's because you're moron,
and you dont even know about weather, you lied about that too

the reason you can't see clouds as with visual layer is because that is INFRARED POLAR SATELLITE IMAGE
I don't see the connection between morisis and the fact that I do not see any V cloud.

And no, I did not lied about my knowledge about weather, as I never lied about anything else here on ATS, and as I only said that I liked metereology I don't know how I could have lied about my knowledge of weather, seeing that I did not made any claim about it.

And where am I supposed to see the V cloud, in the Google Earth images you posted? Or in the site I posted? It also shows the images in the infrared wavelength. If you do not give me enough information I can not know what you are talking about, and as you made the post where you talked about the V cloud at a time I was assleep (02:43 AM here in Portugal) I could not look for that on Google, when I looked at it the image had already been replaced.

At this moment, Google Earth shows a rectangular "hole" from Australia up to the north pole.

Click image for full size.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

are you actually now agree with me that this needs more explanation?
I never said that there was no need for more (or better) explanations, but I still think that the most probable cause is the lack of data from a polar satellite, although it does not make much sense having a stripe missing because of lack of data from a polar satellite (which would mean that the rest was also obtained by a polar satellite) and not have any images from the poles.

btw, you too seem to be human..
I think I am, although sometimes I do feel real beastly. ;D

let me take back everything i said, please understand that im crazy type of person and i chewed all my bubblegum long time ago.. sorry
No problem, you remind me of a guy I knew some years ago, so I was expecting a reaction like that, but I suggest you delete the insults (to everyone) before any moderator sees them.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
fantastic..

let me make a few comments then

this does look like 'loss of data' from geostationary satellite, not quite, but lets assume satellite is locate above the equator, directly below satellite we can see Mariana Islands (CALL PEOPLE THERE, TELL THEM TO LOOK UP !!)

anyone from Australia - LOOK UP, TAKE PHOTOS

ok, so let me argue this IS loss of data,

- it would make sense because it stretches from pole to pole and we see that curvature on the edge which explains how satellite see "narrow" view at equator because its CLOSER and further we go to the poles the view becomes wider as camera see more since its FURTHER away

BUT, what the heck are those ripples around? obviously this is not some 'image distortion' caused by texture projection around poles, its always present on surrounding clouds outside of these sharp cuts

i think there was something there that caused those ripples, then they removed the whole satellite feed, hows that?

[edit on 26-10-2008 by abaraba]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join