It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if Republican Presidential Candidate could not participate in election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If something were to prevent the republican presidential candidate from participating in the election, what would happen next? Who would replace him?

I am not wishing any ill by my question, just a thought that crossed my mind.
This guy is advanced in his age. He must be under tremendous pressure.

Some crazy times were in. Gets "better" everyday. Can't imagine what's next. I just bear in mind that the truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
He's 72. He looks like he's in very good condition for his age. No one's arguing his age, but I don't think he'll be dead within in a month

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
He's 72. He looks like he's in very good condition for his age. No one's arguing his age, but I don't think he'll be dead within in a month

I doubt that myself. I am just wanting to know what the scenario would be if he had to drop out for any given reason.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mantic

All the liberals and Democrats like myself would be jumping for joy.
. No, seriously? That's a good question, one that I don't know the answer to.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
the republican party would name a replacement.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What would happen if the situation were reversed and for some unforseen reason the Democratic candidate was unable to run?

Yep, a replacement would be named and although Biden would be a good choice would the DNC choose someone else? Interesting.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

I'm trying to find something on the intarwebs but I can't. wonder if they name the runner up in the case of the dems. with regards to the republicans, well, they all dropped out rather early so I'm not exactly sure.

new topics

top topics

join