It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just look up!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think that part of it may be due to folks being in a different location and then looking up. I think it's why so many sightings occur in rural areas. For example, if you live in the city, you're not seeing much of the night sky due to the ambient light of the city at night. But, in a rural setting, the sky suddenly becomes much more of an amazing sight, and the imagination is running on overdrive.

That said, it doesn't discount that many UFO sightings do not appear to be misidentification of such natural phenomena. However, the idea of a light being a piloted craft from another world should be the LAST thing you consider, not the FIRST explanation. Only after ruling out other causes should the notion even be entertained.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Did you ever stop to think that the light is billions of years old by the time we see it. From the beginning of time right past us into the future. Nothing is ancient in the universe.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I don't want to label individuals like you and I as elitists or somehow suggest we are more intelligent than new ATS users, but I do feel our ilk needs its own space around here, free of the riff raff and overzealous ignorance.

Wow, such modesty. If you want to pat yourself on the back then just do it. No need to sugar coat it at all. You obviously do hold yourself in a higher regard than most other users, and you are suggesting the superiority of your intelligence.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So every UFO sighting is a twinkling bright star I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join