It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Succession...our best solution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
As a result of the flip-flop vote of Congress this week, I have no doubts our federal government has been bought and has sold us out by those truly in charge of pushing the NWO agenda. Why bother pressing for "change" at the Federal level? I pose this question to my respected ATS compatriots - Instead of pushing for “change” on a national level, wouldn't it make more sense to push for succession at the state level? After all our beloved United States was originally formed as a loose republic of independent states with a parliamentary-style federal government essentially acting in the simple role as a mediator. Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrpatrickhenry

I'm not in the US, but for the past week, I've been trying to think of a way through it for some. Secession occurred to me. I think the time is right.

Surely there are principled politicians there -- who're more in touch with their constituents than the mass of Congress ?

Secession seems to me to be the only way for the masses to assert themselves in response to this Congressional bullying.

Wouldn't really matter which States proceeded to secede. The act of secession would throw down the gauntlet in a manner which Congress could not ignore, could not push under the carpet.

Then, other States would follow suit, spurred by the determination of the masses not to be held to ransom by a few hundred political thugs.

Washington would lose control. And would lose revenue and satanic power.

Control would be placed back where it belongs .. in the hands of the taxpaying voters.

I would LOVE for at least one US State to show .. by example .. that they just are NOT going to take this any more !

It would only take one.

Surely, out of the entire United States, there's one State prepared to draw the line in the sand .. and to tell Congress, ' Get out ! We reject you ! Take your carpet-bags elsewhere -- this land belongs to us and we are FREE of you slugs ! ' And to follow up with raised guns if the slugs don't start moving backwards straight away.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Aren't there now 13 states that are considering succession? I know Texas is one.

How does a state go about doing this?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hell, Texas has been trying since 2003. We could succeed right now, and they can't do a damn thing to stop us legally.

Texas Successian ordinance

And if we do somehow manage to do this, we would probably have Ron Paul running the state.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by LeTan]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

we would probably have Ron Paul running the state.

I do believe you mean

The Republic of Texas not state.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Ah yes, thanks for the correction. What a dream, I almost teared up.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Long live the ROT. It's about time we got out.

Remember to all of you that object, it means we will be keeping all the bad presidents to ourselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I might be a little confused, but don't you mean Secession?

Succession: the act or process of following in order or sequence

Secession: the act of withdrawing from an organization, union, or especially a political entity

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Long live the ROT. It's about time we got out.

Remember to all of you that object, it means we will be keeping all the bad presidents to ourselves.

Yeah we'll keep them alright, in the brig. Naw probably not but if they try anything stupid then probably.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I need to nitpick your post though. It appears that that was the secession ordinance drawn up from the Civil War, which was negated as a condition to re-enter the union.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Ah you're right. Here's a more current one.

Texas sucession Facts

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Texas is the only state to have it it's state constitution the right to depart the union. I don't think thats really a viable option!

I think the only practical thing to do is move to those states where like-minded folks live. More folks are leaving California that entering, folks are leaving New York as well as most of the "liberal" states. Move to Montana, New Hampshire, Utah, Idaho and a few other states that are libertarian and a movement needs to start. This was tried a few years ago with folks moving to New Hampshire to start a new kind of government. they got a few hundred familys to move and I've not heard anything about it in a while.

Another thought would be for all the people who are tired of this nonsense to simpy not go to work for a day. Just a day and see what happens. If that does not work, make it a week. If that does not work, take a page out of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged and just do what John Gault did.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I think the imigration problems are driving more and more people to consider secession.

I've always maintained that if we wanted out, we wouldn't give a damn about ordinances though.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So in order for Texas and other states to do this, does this mean a military action? Or can it be done in a friendly way? How is it physically done?Excuse my naivete, but I know several that are thinking of moving to Texas for this reason.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Well, it will probably go like this.
Texas: Howdy ya'll we are pullin out of this here union again.
United States: Uh ok, i guess it is legal
Texas: Thanks ya'll, you come by and see us sometime ya hear?
United States: Ok will do ^_^
United States to Military: This is a code red alert, round up all Northcom forces and current troops in our sector, prepare to engage deserters!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
So in order for Texas and other states to do this, does this mean a military action? Or can it be done in a friendly way? How is it physically done?Excuse my naivete, but I know several that are thinking of moving to Texas for this reason.

It really depends.

There is a LOT of industry--oil and technology--that is based here.

If these guys went on board a peaceful solution might be workd out.

If not then it would turn bloody of course but things may do that anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
reply to post by MatrixProphet

United States to Military: This is a code red alert, round up all Northcom forces and current troops in our sector, prepare to engage deserters!

I;m sure there would be a couple "Remember the Alamo's" in there too.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It does not require military action, but I think you would find it impossible for many reasons. Its something Texans like to brag about, but its a paper tiger. The simple financial ramifications would be daunting, as would the military issues and many others. To get a real answer you'd need to speak with a constitutional lawyer who was familiar with the Texas constitution. From a practical perspective, its impossible

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A little exaggeration here.

Half of the US military is made up of Texans and a good bunch of Texans are prior military. And the ones that have never been in the military are dang good hunters. I think this covers the military issue.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Remember the Alamo.

Yes, you all affirmed what I thought....too bad!! It may very well happen, but within the perimeters of a revolution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join